Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilkenny on tap in Galway

• 11-09-2019 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've a South African friend in search of Kilkenny on tap in Galway. He is going to be there tonight and Friday night.

Anyone know a pub I can point him to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hmm, can't say I have seen it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

My barman brother in law says he doesnt think there is any. Mainly exported these days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Last time I saw or had it was in the Menlo about six years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Thanks all. He saw it in Dublin last week but never got it, I think he figured it would be more readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Get him to order a pint of Smithwicks with a Guinness head. Closest to it.

• Advertisement

?Cee?view wrote: »

He wants actual Kilkenny. He gets it in bottles / cans there and wanted to try it on draft here. Mostly because his Dad told him to do it if he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

The kings head used 100% serve it on tap, had it a few times I was there.

That said it's been over a year since I've been down to Galway so unsure if it's still available.

The kings head used 100% serve it on tap, had it a few times I was there.

That said it's been over a year since I've been down to Galway so unsure if it's still available.

Just called them but the woman who answered said they don't. Thanks for the tip though.

They might sell it at the airport for him

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bierhaus used to serve it relatively recently

Oops just checked website, maybe not. I remember drinkinjg it in Tipperary but that is way too long ago. I'd think you may find it in some old man pub somewhere perhaps, i'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

The likes of O’Connells or D’arcys might have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭RINO87

?Cee?view wrote: »

Yep, its literally smithwicks just running thru a nitro line.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

RINO87 wrote: »
    Yep, its literally smithwicks just running thru a nitro line.
    Kilkenny beer is literally Smithwick's? :D

Btw OP, Smithwick's with a Guinness head is called a "pint of Special" in Galway. Maybe younger barmen won't know that name but most should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭RINO87

biko wrote: »
    Kilkenny beer is literally Smithwick's? :D

Ya shur Smithwicks is/was from KK. It's the same beer with different gas in it.

Thanks lads, I had gotten him to try smithwicks when he was in dublin but the pint of Kilkienny was purely for a photo for his dad.

He's finished his holidays and has gone back home to South Africa almost a week now so he'll not be getting it any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

cloneslad wrote: »
    Thanks lads, I had gotten him to try smithwicks when he was in dublin but the pint of Kilkienny was purely for a photo for his dad.

He's finished his holidays and has gone back home to South Africa almost a week now so he'll not be getting it any time soon

He'll probably get in sooner in South Africa than here!

Advertisement