Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan The hunt for Webb Ellis

Options

Comments

McGrath
    Herring
    Porter
    Dev
    Kleyn
    Rhys
    TOD
    Jordi Murphy
    Luke
    Carbery
    Conway
    Farrell
    Ringrose
    D Kearney
    Larmour

Have at ye

Apparently this the team starting at the weekend by the way

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Farrell at 12 is an interesting one.

I agree. I've always thought he'd make a better 12 than 13. If Ringrose is fully fit, Farrell inside him could potentially be our best pairing. I'd like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

aloooof wrote: »
    Farrell at 12 is an interesting one.

Read a quote from Farrell that he is trying 12 and wing in training to try to put his hand up for the final 31.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Joe Schmidt had this in mind all along.
    Puts serious pressure on Henshaw now, with Addison there as well as another centre option.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,981 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Read a quote from Farrell that he is trying 12 and wing in training to try to put his hand up for the final 31.
    Puts serious pressure on Henshaw now, with Addison there as well as another centre option.

having him on the wing would be a great watch..... half of which would be through your fingers....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,981 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if thats the starting team then the italy +26 bookie spread would be a steal.

though that assumes some kind of Italian first team and not dirt trackers.

Farrell on the wing? So, we could potentially could see the following backline at some stage?

11. Stockdale
    12. Aki
    13. Ringrose
    14. Farrell
    15. Henshaw

Obviously trying to get our beefy backs on the field for a QF against SA. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Where is everyone gonna be watching the games? I’ll watch the smaller matches at home but I wouldn’t mind heading somewhere with a bit of atmosphere for the bigger games. World Cup only comes along every 4 years and my family aren’t into rugby at all so it’d probably be a bit of an anticlimax watching all the games in the house (well that and they’d be tearing their hair out). Anyone have any recommendations based on 2011 when the matches were on at similar times?

I have already enquired about watching in Italy or Croatia. I can find no info, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

I haven't really rated Te'o since he left Leinster, where he was making some decent ground with his offloading game, however, there's obviously something the coaches see in him to warrant the number of England caps he's picked up since he joined, as well as 2 test appearances for the Lions under Gatland.

Always thought of him as a bit of a flat track bully, don’t recall him delivering for Leinster in any big games, got badly exposed against Aki and Henshaw in Edinburgh. There was more than him poor that day but for a guy of his experience and alleged ability he was especially bad.

He’s looked good off the bench a couple of times for England when they were already twenty up but haven’t seen him impressing in a start. He done alright for the Lions in the first test I guess, SBW didn’t run amok as far as I recall but think they were fourteen down when he came off and he had contributed very little going forward. If Garland had persisted with him no chance that series ends a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

am a right here

RTE Live games
    opening ceremony & Japan vs Russia- Grp A opening game
    All Irish group games
    4x QFs
    2x Semis
    Bronze final
    World cup final

Eir Sports showing all games (as a sky cusomter dont facny paying €30 a month or €300 a year)/. Although id like to watch some other pool games like NZ vs SA, Wales vs Austrailia, England vs France etc

Will ITV be region blocked here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭swiwi_

andymx11 wrote: »
    If Australia beat NZ this weekend then Wales take the number 1 ranking in the world..
    (

Which would be weird given wales haven’t defeated NZ since the Queens coronation.

TBH if nz lose to Australia they can have no complaints about losing the top spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Which would be weird given wales haven’t defeated NZ since the Queens coronation.

TBH if nz lose to Australia they can have no complaints about losing the top spot.

But my point was it seems we worked harder than Wales to get within a whisker and then they just rock up out of nowhere .. I’m not biased and jealous at all ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

But my point was it seems we worked harder than Wales to get within a whisker and then they just rock up out of nowhere .. I’m not biased and jealous at all ....

Wales have been quietly very good for a long time now. They haven’t lost since we beat them in our Slam year, a 13 game win steak. They’d be full value for top spot in the insanely unlikely situation that Michael Cheika’s Traveling Circus can beat a New Zealand team with a point to make after their draw with South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will ITV be region blocked here ?

not on "Other Channels" on sky anyway

we can tune in their FTA channels

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Riskymove wrote: »

are ITV showing all the games?

lawred2 wrote: »
    are ITV showing all the games?

TBH I don't know

it would appear there are, between ITV, ITV4 and S4C
    https://www.wheresthematch.com/rugby-world-cup-on-tv/

Am I right in saying we can’t tune in ITV HD, record tuned in channels or save them so that you don’t have to keep tuning them in each time? I think I tried to access ITV on sky before and failed miserably so any tips would be much appreciated!

Am I right in saying we can’t tune in ITV HD, record tuned in channels or save them so that you don’t have to keep tuning them in each time? I think I tried to access ITV on sky before and failed miserably so any tips would be much appreciated!

you cannot record

not sure about HD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Interesting to see England playing Curry at 6 and Underhill at 7.

Wales have named a very strong team for the first warm-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

TBH I don't know

it would appear there are, between ITV, ITV4 and S4C
    https://www.wheresthematch.com/rugby-world-cup-on-tv/

looks like my freesat box will have to step into the breach

RTE's pick of games is seriously weak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

lawred2 wrote: »
    looks like my freesat box will have to step into the breach

RTE's pick of games is seriously weak

ITV are showing all games. You can tune in ITV1 in HD on your Sky box but ITV4 can only be picked up in SD (same for your freesat box).

RTE have all the Ireland games and all the knockouts, plus three warm-ups. I think they're doing fine tbh.

ITV are showing all games. You can tune in ITV1 in HD on your Sky box but ITV4 can only be picked up in SD (same for your freesat box).

RTE have all the Ireland games and all the knockouts, plus three warm-ups. I think they're doing fine tbh.

Do you mind PM’ing me how to actually tune it in? All my internet searches on the topic have confused me..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Mike Brown and Ben Teo dropped from England squad after a brawl. It seems a social event for team bonding didn't work out correctly.

OldRio wrote: »
    Mike Brown and Ben Teo dropped from England squad after a brawl. It seems a social event for team bonding didn't work out correctly.

Well that's just peak Mike Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

OldRio wrote: »

Theres always something with the England team and team bonding!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Well that's just peak Mike Brown.

Starting to be a regular thing for Te'o as well. It was only back in March he went out on the piss with Vunipola after the Scotland draw and the two of them were made apologise in front of the entire team because "senior players took a dim view of their conduct".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus what's happening with New Zealand

That opening game vs South Africa is going to be nerve wrecking from our point of view. An AB loss will mean 1st place in our group most likely will be AB in the QFs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus what's happening with New Zealand

That opening game vs South Africa is going to be nerve wrecking from our point of view. An AB loss will mean 1st place in our group most likely will be AB in the QFs

You can't draw too many conclusions from today. NZ have played 40 minutes with 14 men, albeit they were a point down when Barrett was sent off.

They are still favourites for me. But they aren't as strong as the 2015 or 2011 sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »
    Would be fairly unlikely Australia will beat NZ though

Scratch that!

Guess a few teams can potentially be number 1 before RWC then?

Advertisement