Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

The flare gun comic? Use by?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's an emergency flare. You should only use it in an emergency. You should not take 'use by' as a positive instruction. Hence, 'use or discard by'.

Unexploded flares should be disposed of carefully, by returning them to the place of purchase or giving them to a fire service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The second one didn't have a "or discard by" on it, so she was hoping she'd get to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

peasant wrote: »
    The latest cure for Covid 19 (according to Trump) is a suppository :D
    shine a strong light inside the body

625cc7843421385fa138436aa495ef76--funny-ideas-medical-humor.jpg

^
    My pubic symphysis just had a great idea....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There are 10 kinds of programming jokes, those that are funny, and those that aren't :pac:

I get that too binary innit!!! On a roll so I am

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I get that too binary innit!!! On a roll so I am
    Could be worse, 10 people arrive at the door
    8 males and 8 females.

Why were my last few posts moved from YLYL to WTF?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Because they were very much WTF.

On what basis?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Their content.

Got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Got it.

It's no biggie but I just can't help sticking my oar in. They were both very funny and if I were putting them up I would have put them in YLYL too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I remember years ago signing up to some site and you had to read the T&C before continuing. So you scroll to the bottom and tick the box. A pop up comes up with something like "wow, you read X number of words in 2.1 seconds, you should enter speed reading competitions" Was very funny at the time.
    3823_6a66_567.jpeg

Ken. wrote: »
    I remember years ago signing up to some site and you had to read the T&C before continuing. So you scroll to the bottom and tick the box. A pop up comes up with something like "wow, you read X number of words in 2.1 seconds, you should enter speed reading competitions" Was very funny at the time.

I'd be curious to see the same thing for Whatsapp...

Then there's this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

tumblr-59db24230616a44cf70c25252e1f6e50-eaa34e3b-540.jpg
    postimage org safe

Does this look familiar? Well it turns out he was from my locality aswell. When I discovered who he was I asked my father about him and he knew him from the 70's on the Shannon fixing harbours and fishing.

Here's the story behind the photo

https://mrgodfrey.tumblr.com/post/66620475687/whaddya-want-from-me

Looks like Tommy Chong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

0262_191d_500.jpeg

The real story behind this is almost as good. Canadian bloke did it as an advertising stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The real story behind this is almost as good. Canadian bloke did it as an advertising stunt.
    There are a few of them, inspired (usually) by this guy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawnchair_Larry_flight

Here's another
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-brazil-priest-lost/brazil-priest-flying-party-balloons-lost-at-sea-idUSN2228192120080422

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Looks like Tommy Chong

OR "Oraly Builders"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

Re: TOS post -- I'm so happy to be a GNU/Linux aka Linux user. 🐧

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Barn

Technically, it was a stable...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

New Home wrote: »
    Technically, it was a stable...

Both of which have doors. My mother's line was "Were you born in a field?"

My mother's was "Were you born on a rowboat?". To which I would answer, "Well, YOU should know!". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Both of which have doors. My mother's line was "Were you born in a field?"

My wifes line is "you know your son wasn't born in a barn you were there".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

My mother often said "were you born in a barn?" to us when we were growing up. Once she said it to my brother who was then 18. He answered with "most likely seeing as how my mother is a cow" I was out the door faster than he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My mother often said "were you born in a barn?" to us when we were growing up. Once she said it to my brother who was then 18. He answered with "most likely seeing as how my mother is a cow" I was out the door faster than he was.

I am over a foot taller than my mother and easily double her weight. I'd rather nick a vein and jump in a shark tank than say that. The sharks would end you quick at least.

My mother used to say, "I don't care how big or tall you get, I will always reach your shins!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113291969&postcount=3814

Just proving what we all know about Audi drivers. :D

...that they have to use hand signals because the indicators don't work? Ah, no, sorry, those are BMWs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Advertisement