Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

What a team!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 grazinggreen

What an offence. D really needs berry back asap. Mahomes isn't going to be able to produce 6TDs every week but really liking the progression the team has made this year.

What an offence. D really needs berry back asap. Mahomes isn't going to be able to produce 6TDs every week but really liking the progression the team has made this year.

Berry, Conley and Ware are all like new signings

I really think we could get rid of the hex this season

There’s not a D alive who’ll want to face Mahomes, Kelce, Hunt, Hill and Watkins.

#chiefskingdom

Must've been 8-10 Chiefs fans in the Woolshed on Sunday - by far the most supported team on the night

Bitter sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm heading over to Arrowhead in November for first time having supported the Chiefs since 1996. I was a bit worried initially with the whole new QB situation but now...to say I'm excited would be an understatement!

Fingers firmly crossed for a good injury run between now and then.

• Advertisement

Absolutely gutted but proud of my guys

Defense still shocking but no one can live with our O-line

If only we could sort the D out, we could dominate NFL for next 5 years

I made it to Arrowhead for the Cardinals game and while it wasn’t a great performance it was nice to see Mahomes throw a couple of TDs to Hill.

It was freezing cold but a great atmosphere and the locals couldn’t have been nicer. The most common question on hearing my accent was “wtf are you doing in Kansas City?!” :D

Really enjoying the season overall and the Rams game was the best I’ve ever watched end-to-end. I think the secondary is too problematic to ride all the way to a Super Bowl unfortunately, and Eric Berry isn’t coming back any time soon.

466876.jpeg

11-2

DuAl9R-U0AIfqq7.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Great stuff, massive game upcoming on thursday now. Hope the injuries to Hill, Ware, Watkins and the OL are not overly serious as we'll need all hands on deck for this Chargers team

conor222 wrote: »
    Great stuff, massive game upcoming on thursday now. Hope the injuries to Hill, Ware, Watkins and the OL are not overly serious as we'll need all hands on deck for this Chargers team

Hill and Ware will be fine, I imagine Watkins will miss the remainder of the regular season and be back for P/O's - obviously why they brought in Kelvin Benjamin - we have Eric Berry back finally though :D

• Advertisement

Ware is out from what I'm hearing, Damien Williams to be lead back with Charmander backing him up

Looking forward to the game tonight, not looking forward to work tomorrow ! :P

Ware is in, as is Berry and Hill

Work tomorrow too but YOLO

I fancy us by 10

27-17

That secondary ain't winning no Super Bowl, it's horrible.

Off night for the offense but they still put up 28 points which isn't enough to cover the rubbish on the other side of the ball. Scandrick, Nelson, Murray, Parker...just dreadful. And that was the Chargers without Keenan Allen.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    That secondary ain't winning no Super Bowl, it's horrible.

Off night for the offense but they still put up 28 points which isn't enough to cover the rubbish on the other side of the ball. Scandrick, Nelson, Murray, Parker...just dreadful. And that was the Chargers without Keenan Allen.

Scandrick is a disgrace - absolutely ****e. Bob Sutton needs to be ****ed off ASAP the old ****er - couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery

Always nice to watch the Patriots lose but it makes that slip up against the Chargers look even worse. Huge game for both the Chiefs and Seahawks in Seattle next weekend, should be a good one for the neutral.

So what's the P/O situation now? Who we likely to face?

The Seahawks were gonna rest players against us but that's gone tits up after they lost to the 49ers

If we win next week and the chargers lose we lock up the #1 seed, if we win next week and beat the raiders we are the #1 seed so its entirely in our own hands. That would mean a first round bye (no wildcard game) and home field advantage for all of our games.
    If we lose one and the Chargers win their two matchups we will drop to the #5 seed and would be on the road, playing in the WC. the 5th seed is likely to be playing either the Steelers or the Ravens, whoever emerges from the AFC North.

Win out were #1, go 1-1 and the chargers go 1-1 were #1, lose one game more than the chargers and we're the 5th seed.

Things just got a little bit easier thanks to the Ravens, their defense was next level.

We can lose today, and still win AFC by beating Oakland, right?

• Advertisement

With chargers losing and Houston losing we need one win from last two for number 1 seed :)

Fuller and Ware didn’t make it for tonight’s game, Ron Parker is a healthy scratch by the looks of it. Not a bad thing.

This defense cannot make a tackle stick ffs, Seattle's yards after contact must be through the roof. Penalties after penalties after penalties yet again too.

Oakland is no gimmie next week and another one and done in the playoffs is starting to feel more real.

This defense cannot make a tackle stick ffs, Seattle's yards after contact must be through the roof. Penalties after penalties after penalties yet again too.

Oakland is no gimmie next week and another one and done in the playoffs is starting to feel more real.

They’ll sit Carr, Cook and Martin.

We’ll be fine

50 TDs and over 5000 passing yards for MVPat, can’t say I ever expected this when they moved on from Alex Smith.

50 TDs and over 5000 passing yards for MVPat, can’t say I ever expected this when they moved on from Alex Smith.

Bears thought Trubisky was a better option :D

So we're playing on Saturday 12th @ 9.35pm

Fixture time wise we've gotten the best game - no work the next day and not a 1.15am kick off

5.35am Sunday morning for me, I'll set an alarm.

5.35am Sunday morning for me, I'll set an alarm.

That's not the worst - I'm sure you've been up all hours over the years watching City games :D

• Advertisement

Haven't gotten up for years, the 3am kick offs are a killer! A playoff game at Arrowhead though...that's not to be missed.

Advertisement