Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Collapso and daftdrop websites gone

Options
  • 08-06-2017 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Collapso.net disappeared last month and now I've just gone to look at daftdrop and that seems to be gone too. Does anyone know why? Is there any similar alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

That is a pity.. daftdrop was quite handy for seeing when a property was first listed more so than the drops IMO. Daft and Myhome both record prices changes now... but it seems that agents can opt out of them being shown, that or else they just re-list the ad again to hide drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

daftdrop.com is still there...i just checked it now

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

daftdrop.com is still there...i just checked it now
    You sure? Getting the message "This domain has expired" myself.

http://www.daftdrop.com/
    click on link and see....are you sure youre using .com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »
    That is a pity.. daftdrop was quite handy for seeing when a property was first listed more so than the drops IMO. Daft and Myhome both record prices changes now... but it seems that agents can opt out of them being shown, that or else they just re-list the ad again to hide drops.

If anyone else is obsessive about when a property was first listed... You can get the file headers from daft images and see the original creation time/date.

• Advertisement

http://www.daftdrop.com/
    click on link and see....are you sure youre using .com
    Redirects to http://www.iyfrap.com/?dn=daftdrop.com&pid=9POXJ5IC0

In saying that, I'm in Canada, so the message below may only appear for people outside Ireland?
    This domain has expired
    In line with ICANN's Expired Registration Recovery Policy, DNS resolution of this domain has been temporarily interrupted.
    If you are the registrant or an agent acting on behalf of the registrant, we advise you to please visit our billing system to renew the domain as your soonest convenience. DNS resolution will be restored as soon as the renewal is processed.

the_syco wrote: »
    Redirects to http://www.iyfrap.com/?dn=daftdrop.com&pid=9POXJ5IC0

In saying that, I'm in Canada, so the message below may only appear for people outside Ireland?

Same happening for me, on virgin media Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

..am also getting a 'domain expired' message in denmark

I don't know what to say guys...just on way to work in Dublin and was able to access the site on my phone..daftdrop.com

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SunSeeker101

Having the same problem. I am getting the following message from my anti-virus software:
    Whoa!
    Are you sure you want to go there?
    Why are you seeing this?
    When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.

• Advertisement

And finally....I get the message...it was fine when I open this morning..now just refreshed page and domain expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

daftdrop.com is back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Its gone again is it?

It's saying "The site can't be reached"

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭rat_race

bailey99 wrote: »
    Its gone again is it?

It's saying "The site can't be reached"

Hey. http://www.DaftDrop.com has had a big architecture bump and is now back up and running smoothly. There were major capacity problems (and cost -- DaftDrop makes almost no money).

UK version is at http://www.daftdrop.co.uk ...

Oz version is at http://www.daftdropau.com ...

Enjoy! Let me know if you'd like any features in particular...

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Datfdrop gone again from what I can see. Great website, always good for researching how long house are up and previous prices.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The names are a bit outdated now (although holding on to the domains for the next crash, which won't be that long, would still be a good idea) when they're now usually used to track ridiculous increases.

Used Collapso primarily to decide when to make the jump myself, probably went a few months too early but less than 6 months at that.

L1011 wrote: »
    The names are a bit outdated now (although holding on to the domains for the next crash, which won't be that long, would still be a good idea) when they're now usually used to track ridiculous increases.
    As far as I can see, they're both still registered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Internal Server Error

When I try to access them........ :(

DaftDrop will be back soon guys. Sorry.

The data is still being collected, but the site is just down due to a problem and I've had no time to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

rat_race wrote: »

The data is still being collected, but the site is just down due to a problem and I've had no time to fix.

No.time when your in the rat race

• Advertisement

Is there anything I could do to help with it? I miss the website and am a frequent visitor and user.

DaftDrop is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

DaftDrop is back!

Not working for me again. Getting the Data Indexing message.

Sorry all, there were other issues.

Should be fixed (*more* "permanently") now.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭CalRobert

For those of us who never used it, what was collapso?

Similar to daftdrop.com (but not as easy to use, if I do say so myself)...

Daftdrop is gone again :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭CalRobert

Seems fine? Maybe the DB has issues.

Back up. Yes, I simply have too much data and running out of memory. If anyone wants to provide access to a beefy server, I'd be very grateful!

The alternative is to have a less-fast website (store less in memory)...which I think defeats the usefulness, and would require re-work (which I probably wouldn't be arsed doing...feels like going backwards).

DaftDrop makes pennies and I cannot justify spending more than I already am on a bigger server.

• Advertisement

Sorry to bother you again, but is the site gone until further notice?

Advertisement