Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dallas Cowboys Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

DvB wrote: »
    8-8 realistic?

Hell yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

brinty wrote: »
    Hell yes

Looking at that basket case of a division 8-8 could win it!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Looking at that basket case of a division 8-8 could win it!

absolutely it could
    I reckon we could win it so long as we don't lose v a divisional rival between now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

Huge game on Thursday. If Dallas wins I can see us winning our division. If we lose I think we still can but we can't really afford to lose any more games.

Huge game on Thursday. If Dallas wins I can see us winning our division. If we lose I think we still can but we can't really afford to lose any more games.

Welcome along there sportstar, its been me and DvB going back and forth on this for a while so glad to have a third wheel. A few more would be nice.
    Agreed a win on Thursday and we can win the division, but 8-8 could still win the division too. Anything other than that and we're goosed..
    Great to have Romo back and TD's for Dez and Terrence at the weekend. I've even brought TW back into my Fantasy team. A pick six was great too.. Lets go D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bolloxology

Welcome along there sportstar, its been me and DvB going back and forth on this for a while so glad to have a third wheel. A few more would be nice.
    Agreed a win on Thursday and we can win the division, but 8-8 could still win the division too. Anything other than that and we're goosed..
    Great to have Romo back and TD's for Dez and Terrence at the weekend. I've even brought TW back into my Fantasy team. A pick six was great too.. Lets go D

Was chatting in work today about winning on thurs and possibly going unbeaten.
    Is it possible? Yes
    Is it probable? Hmmmm

Ya never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

doubt cowboys get to 8-8. Panthers at home, packers away. the giants have 2 game advantage. they should win the division easily enough.

Probably should tank and try and lock up some more top level talent

Trippie wrote: »
    doubt cowboys get to 8-8. Panthers at home, packers away. the giants have 2 game advantage. they should win the division easily enough.

Probably should tank and try and lock up some more top level talent

I'd take another draft like this year
    Byron Jones
    Randy Gregory
    La'el Collins
    All round one worthy picks in a draft
    Latter two have behaved since getting to the big D after question marks before the draft
    A running back in the draft would be great

A running back in the draft would be great

That and a decent back up QB, this year has shown how much we rely on Romo, & remember he wont be there forever, need to start blooding a new one soon IMO.

Oh and great to see some other Cowboys fans join the thread, for a while there couldn't believe how few of us there was, we may be the team people love to hate but surely there's more cowboys fans on here? Starting to seem like thats the case thankfully!

Panthers is a biggie, win that & its game on for a chance at the division, albeit a slim one , the @packers fixture & IMO @Redskins are the one's that stick out after that... its a tough run in for a team looking to make up 2 games on the jammy Giants.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

That and a decent back up QB, this year has shown how much we rely on Romo, & remember he wont be there forever, need to start blooding a new one soon IMO.

Oh and great to see some other Cowboys fans join the thread, for a while there couldn't believe how few of us there was, we may be the team people love to hate but surely there's more cowboys fans on here? Starting to seem like thats the case thankfully!

Panthers is a biggie, win that & its game on for a chance at the division, albeit a slim one , the @packers fixture & IMO @Redskins are the one's that stick out after that... its a tough run in for a team looking to make up 2 games on the jammy Giants.

I live in dallas, best friend lived around the corner from valley ranch

No point in drafting a backup qb. There's some good DT's and LB's which cowboys should be able to get if Jalen Ramsey/Hargreaves are gone. Church or Wilcox wont be back probably so choose one of them.

Fournette from LSU in 2017 or one of the good DE/DT's coming out that draft

• Advertisement

Currently being hammered 33-6 4th qtr, and to make matters worse Romo's landed on his left shoulder again..looks like hes popped again,getting x-rayed.
    Couple of interceptions proving costly.
    Got to be said the difference in quality on show is stark.The panthers are streets ahead of us in almost every facet.
    Newton having an armchair ride,Romo under constant pressure.
    Sod it, off to bed.

Well I'm not thankful about this result...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well I'm not thankful about this result...

Try being in texas....

The dallas fish is rotten from the head down, accountability has to start with jerry.

Went to bed at the end of the 3Q... overhaul needed, no one man is a team & its unfair to say this is all down to Romo being injured. Time for Jerry to sh*t or get off the pot.

So disappointed after the promise shown last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I gotta say that I've never really rated Romo and with all the injuries I have a feeling his career is close to it's end.

Your coach has been given far too much respect for the little that he has done. Imo Garrett is on the same level as the previous coach Wade Phillips. I really haven't seen anything to make me believe he will ever be any good.

You have a lot of good offensive weapons that are not being given the chance to do their thing. Time for a new head coach and a new QB in Dallas I think. I honestly don't think there is much more than that required to make this team seriously competitive.

Went to bed at the end of the 3Q... overhaul needed, no one man is a team & its unfair to say this is all down to Romo being injured. Time for Jerry to sh*t or get off the pot.

So disappointed after the promise shown last season.

Tbh the only ones pushing pushing the 'one man team' appear to be the broadcasters,constantly flashing up graphics of how when Romo is in situ ,we WIN, when out we LOSE. Apart from the the annoyance its downright insulting.
    Personally id start with the defense,they lack nous and simple raw agression.
    The offensive line was jokeshop last night,Panthers broke thru with relative ease,time and time again,difficult for Romo to go through the gears when hes little faith in being protected.
    3 interceptions,2 directly resulting in touchdowns surely a sign of this frustration.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I gotta say that I've never really rated Romo and with all the injuries I have a feeling his career is close to it's end.

Your coach has been given far too much respect for the little that he has done. Imo Garrett is on the same level as the previous coach Wade Phillips. I really haven't seen anything to make me believe he will ever be any good.

You have a lot of good offensive weapons that are not being given the chance to do their thing. Time for a new head coach and a new QB in Dallas I think. I honestly don't think there is much more than that required to make this team seriously competitive.

There aren't that many belichicks out there. I agree about garrett being over rated. Should have been let go two seasons ago. Was/Is a yes man to Jerry though and appeases him.

I wonder what it would take to bring Stafford back to Dallas.

Romo out for the season
    Oh bother...

Romo out for the season
    Oh bother...

Makes little difference at this stage really. 4-12 here we go!! :(

Makes little difference at this stage really. 4-12 here we go!! :(

You're being optimistic at that...

But should mean we might get some nice draft picks

Watched the Oklahoma college match on Saturday night and there were some great players in the sooners team. I'd take any of their two WR's (Sterling and Westbrook)or Running backs (Mixon and Perine) and the QB (Mayfield). Have the Alabama game recorded so might sit down and check that out.

• Advertisement

4-8 now and still only 1 game back in the NFC east
    How bout dem boyz.....

Shout out to Jason Witten 1,000 career receptions

Its still possible...

Green bay in Lambeau next weekend, we owe them after last season's play offs..
    Redskins still have to come to Dallas..
    Here's hoping!!!

4-8 now and still only 1 game back in the NFC east
    How bout dem boyz.....

Shout out to Jason Witten 1,000 career receptions

Its still possible...

Green bay in Lambeau next weekend, we owe them after last season's play offs..
    Redskins still have to come to Dallas..
    Here's hoping!!!

As pleasant as it was to wake up to Dan Baileys 54 yard screamer its still worrying how much of a mess the offence is though, cant see GB being as soft next week sadly...

I know anything can happen but our best bet is at the rate the NFC East teams are losing it could end up a 4 way tie on 6-10... which funnily enough would see Dallas win the division if we beat the redskins in the return game as well (through the divisional head to head records).

Bizarre with 4 to go and having a record of 4-8 that we could still actually win the thing... what a crazy season & a p*ss poor division!

Poss poor division is right.

On this season, very poor division. With some good drafting and rfree agency work, we should get back to a +.500 team next year and win this division quite easily. Don't forget we're at .600 against our divisional competition

Pfft bang average without Romo.
    Cassel simply not up to it.
    Witten free in end zone at one stage then Cassel flings it to Dez under pressure.
    Interception 😕
    Dez stats are shocking.
    28-7.

Pfft bang average without Romo.
    Cassel simply not up to it.
    Witten free in end zone at one stage then Cassel flings it to Dez under pressure.
    Interception 😕
    Dez stats are shocking.
    28-7.

Oh absolutely agree that Cassel isn't up to it. Its time to put in Moore, as he can't be worse.. And we have to pick up a QB in draft or free agency, heck i'd take a punt on RG3 if he'd come to Dallas..
    Its hard on Dez when Cassell barely throws the ball to bump up his stats

Talk of mathematically still being in with a chance of the division is just that, talk.

Seasons over, its all about rebuilding for next year now. QB as already pointed out being the area that needs serious reinforcing.

Not quite 89 scale of rubbish, more of a 2008 'meh' kind of season.

Talk of mathematically still being in with a chance of the division is just that, talk.

Seasons over, its all about rebuilding for next year now. QB as already pointed out being the area that needs serious reinforcing.

Not quite 89 scale of rubbish, more of a 2008 'meh' kind of season.

I have to agree with you.. the optimist in me hopes we could still pull it off in the crazy NFC East
    The realist thinks we're screwed
    and the bright side of me thinks we'll lose our last 3 and we've high draft picks and can pick up a lot of players in positions of need.

I have to agree with you.. the optimist in me hopes we could still pull it off in the crazy NFC East
    The realist thinks we're screwed
    and the bright side of me thinks we'll lose our last 3 and we've high draft picks and can pick up a lot of players in positions of need.

I'd settle for beating the redskins again at this stage to give us a divisional record of 4-2 (which would bizarrely be the best in the NFC East)

Never watched a close season as much as I will next year, last year was all bout De Marco & Dez, this year its all about getting bodies in... but one things clear, lots to do!

Hope the Panthers go on & win it all now... anyone but the Pats.

• Advertisement

looking at the Heismann results Henry and McCafrrey could be very good additions and add in Mayfield for QB if we've a very high drfat pick, they'd all improve the current options

Advertisement