Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

colmufc wrote: »
    txt slip to 52010 , you should get a code back for the three.ie presale

Thanks but I'm not with Three :(. O2 Priority doesnt have the Dublin date so I can't go that way either. My friend bought a ticket with the fanclub presale a few hours ago so I think my phone is the problem. Going to my Mum's shortly and will try on her laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm not with Three :(. O2 Priority doesnt have the Dublin date so I can't go that way either. My friend bought a ticket with the fanclub presale a few hours ago so I think my phone is the problem. Going to my Mum's shortly and will try on her laptop.

Has the o2 priority thing not been stopped seeing as o2 no longer have the rights to the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

you don't need to be with them (i was vodsfone for years and my sister always sent me the code she got) just txt it and you get a reply with a code

Crisis averted, ticket got :D. Just booked online with a laptop in the end and had to go through a whole mission...but, it's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Just booked my tickets with the OT9EUROPE code. €59 does seem like a lot of money, but there is such a dearth of good rock bands playing here it's probably going to be the only gig I'll go to next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Got mine. Trying to convince the girlfriend to come too. Looking forward to this. Finally an excuse to check out Korn properly :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭idontlikefig

How quick do you think standing tickets will sell out i am planning on getting them at 12:30 pm tomorrow. I cannot do the pre-sale as I am not that mobile network

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

How quick do you think standing tickets will sell out i am planning on getting them at 12:30 pm tomorrow. I cannot do the pre-sale as I am not that mobile network

You can get pre-sale now using the fan pre-sale code though which is OT9EUROPE this pre-sale ends at 9am tommorrow as tickets go on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Having seen slipknot twice before, once at reading, then in the rds, I was put off going to this when I saw the price tag, and I wasn't married with a kid the last times I saw them so had more pound notes to spend.
    Then the bro called and said he'd grab two tickets and I can sort him out after.

OH GOD YES!

• Advertisement

you don't have to be on the network as long as you have the word (slip) and the number 52010 and it will txt you back a presale password

Are they not selling seated tickets in block B through to F or have they sold out? Theres seats available in blocks A and G though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even though i've heard most of .5 The Gray Chapter online, i'm still buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Are they not selling seated tickets in block B through to F or have they sold out? Theres seats available in blocks A and G though.
    B TO F sold out in the presales

bennyl10 wrote: »
    B TO F sold out in the presales

Really? Seems to be selling well then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Standing ticket purchased. Now to dig out a few albums.
    To think, I seen Slipknot a decade ago for my birthday.
    Owww yeahhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Loving the new album, XIX is quite possibly the best album intro i've ever heard, the emotion coming from Corey is so fcukin powerful

I've had the new album on repeat all day, I love it :D. Stand out tracks for me are Sarcasthrope, AOV, Killpop, Nomadic and Custer so far. A solid album overall!

Album out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The lyrics from skeptic are a bit cringeworthy, about Grey, "The world will never know another man as amazing as you" Slightly over the top i think

• Advertisement

Since Friday in ireland mo day in the UK ,Ireland gets new releases 3 days before uk

colmufc wrote: »
    Since Friday in ireland mo day in the UK ,Ireland gets new releases 3 days before uk

No way. I thought it wasn't out until the 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Release days are:
    Ireland - Fridays
    UK - Mondays
    US - Tuesdays

It's to do with charts even though I think the sales starting in Ireland on a Friday actually splits first week sales for artists.

Gick. Hah the whole weekend off. Missed it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Randomly found a video about Corey Taylor getting a tattoo for Paul Gray. Fairly emotional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

^^^Saw that before and my heart aches for him. :(

EDIT: On a much lighter note...:D:pac::pac:

Slipknot Knotfest Night #1

01 - 515.
    02 - People = ****.
    03 - Eeyore.
    04 - Disasterpiece
    05 - The Negative One.
    06 - Sulfur.
    07 - Eyeless.
    08 - Wait And Bleed.
    09 - Dead Memories.
    10 - Before I Forget.
    11 - Three Nil.
    12 - Frail Limb Nursery.
    13 - Purity.
    14 - Custer.
    15 - Duality.
    16 - Spit It Out.
    17 - Surfacing.

Slipknot Knotfest Night #2

XIX
    Sarcastrophe (Live premiere)
    The Heretic Anthem
    My Plague (First time played since August 29th, 2002)
    The Devil in I (Live premiere)
    Psychosocial
    Liberate
    Opium of the People (First time played since March 30th, 2004, Second time played ever)
    Left Behind
    Vermilion
    Custer
    The Blister Exists
    Before I Forget
    Duality

Encore:
    (sic)
    Surfacing
    'Til We Die

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What did everyone make of those ^^ 2 ^^ performances?

I don't want to say it, given I haven't listened to all 2-3 hours and just checked out some snippets..... but it seems lacking, I will return with a proper judgement if I can ever bring myself to listen to quiet that much Slipknot in one sitting. I generaly get all "angered-out" after about 8 songs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cormac... wrote: »
    What did everyone make of those ^^ 2 ^^ performances?

I don't want to say it, given I haven't listened to all 2-3 hours and just checked out some snippets..... but it seems lacking, I will return with a proper judgement if I can ever bring myself to listen to quiet that much Slipknot in one sitting. I generaly get all "angered-out" after about 8 songs :)

Lacking maybe and sloppy needs more band practice? Also heard there was issues with those streams so mightn't have translated properly not entirely bands fault. Again I also just rambled through a few tracks so can't give full judgement admittedly.

Advertisement