Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Departed pets;

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noels little bu

I posted a bit about my german shephard
    Max who died recently asking people to understand how people feel when they lose a pet. reading the replys i got i know that it was normal to feel the the i felt and just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone.
    R.I.P. Max , I think of you everyday and will hold all your memories close in my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Just lost my 2 year old Retriever cross, Coco, at the weekend. Best dog ever. Miss her soooo much :(

397045938a665173592b978359703l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sorry to hear,too young :(

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is Bingo, The ole big C caught up on him last Thursday and he had to go to sleep. But fear we not as his ashes are on the way back to us. He gave us the best ten years we have ever had with an animal and we know he is always going to sit on the shelf waiting for the dreggs of our beer/wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

my kitty rza,he passed away in august:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

I don't have any photos but we've lost alot of animals over the years, side effect f having alot. So, rest in eace Freddy, Minnie, Princess, Jess, Two Socks, Chelsea, Larry, and especially Mindy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OC87

I got 2 rabbits 4 years ago, last year one Leroy died of kidney failure, and I found the other TJ a few hours ago dead in her hutch, looks like she was attacked. I'll miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

our dog jaz still alive after having cancer in october,living on stiroides,hopeing to get a passed xmass ,not looking good this week
    normaly dogs with full cnacer only 1-2 months,wont be much longer,wife upset
    its not loking good

this about jaz,my best friend
    who in october this year we where told had cancer
    was 4 years old,boxer,sheepdog mix
    shiney black coath with brown eyes who loved to play ball 24/4
    we where told in october the cancer she had was not cureable,could live a week or 6 months
    was on pain killers and steriodes ,after 1 month was off the pain bills and was on steriodes only,was going from 4 to 2,after 2 weeks was bad again,was back on 4 ,had lost huge amounts of weight, couldnt eAT DOG food,so was on pasta and dog meat
    was at work this morning finishing my shift at 8am,got call from wife at 7 to say jaz was bad,wife said she had to carry in ,when i got home ,i got a huge shock,the night and day before i went to work,was playing ball with her and was washing the car,she like to play with me when washing car as she would chase the water comming from the hose,back to this morning,after i cryed ,yes i cryed, when out to dig a grave for her where she would sit as front of house face a valley where she looked down too
    wife had a ppointment with vet to have she put to sleep today at 2pm,came in from digging grave at 12,00 and she was dead,couldnt beleive it
    waiting for wife to come home from work as we both want to burry her
    she was my friend i could talk to and play with,this second dog we have buried in 6 months
    bless you jaz and see you in the sky when we meet
    brian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

So sorry to hear that.:(

Cancer got our Zoe as well,although suddenly,it's nearly six months and I still miss her.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

sitting here waiting to bury jaz as wife on way home from work
    it bloody tough before xmass
    bury her with her balls and the toy for her for xmass

buried jaz in her blanket today with her balls and xmass present
    will get a plack made up for her grave
    will miss her waiting on front deck for me to come home and her giving me the ball
    miss her sitting beside me on my lap
    jaz grunting at me to throw the ball
    will be plenty of reminders of her
    will be different xmass for us
    this is second dog loss in 6 months
    wife said jaz will be 4 years in january
    life tough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Sorry for you troubles Kelticknightt, I know its very hard but the best thing you can do is get more dogs, trust me I've been through some of what your going through and even though you'll never replace the dogs you've lost the new dogs do fill the void. RIP Jaz.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorry for your loss, KELTICKNIGHTT, keep the chin up. It is tough losing a friend. Rest in Peace Jaz

next year ,proply get new dog
    hard to replace her doe as was big gentel giant to kids which surprised most,great watch dog
    second dog in 6 months makes it tougher
    we have memorys of all the good times with her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

A Legend has died

Glor has left us forever this morning after developing stroke like symptoms three days ago. He was not in pain and I had decided to let him go at his own pace and in his own time. He ate and drank and was just a little unstable on his feet.

Glor has been a lesson to me and all who met him. After being battered with a sledgehammer and after his owner had then tried to suffocate him with a plastic bag, after being subjected to horrible beatings and kickings, after receiving medical treatment and lots of operations - he still loved humans, he never wavered in his friendliness towards everybody. He was happy with whatever he got here at EGAR, he loved his walks, he loved his grub and he never ever was in a bad mood. He greeted everyone with a wag of his stumpy tail.

Glor wasn't meant to find a forever home but he has had one here, we all loved him dearly. I wish it could have been different and I could have written a more happy post about him going to his new home but it wasn't meant to be. I am devastated, my little soldier is gone forever. I will bury him under the trees out in the back of the house, he will be amongst the living there. I have cried until I had no more tears.

Run free at the Bridge, Glor, and wait for me there, I will be along and then we can continue the rest of the journey together. I have loved you like my own, you will always be in my heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Well at 3am this morning my dog Cassie passed away. She was a pure bred Springer Spaniel and we've had her about 11 years.
    She just got really sick yesterday, don't know what happened and she passed away peacefully in her sleep.
    I'd like to write more about her but I can't right now because it's too hard.

EGAR wrote:
    A Legend has died

Glor has left us forever this morning after developing stroke like symptoms three days ago. He was not in pain and I had decided to let him go at his own pace and in his own time. He ate and drank and was just a little unstable on his feet.

Glor has been a lesson to me and all who met him. After being battered with a sledgehammer and after his owner had then tried to suffocate him with a plastic bag, after being subjected to horrible beatings and kickings, after receiving medical treatment and lots of operations - he still loved humans, he never wavered in his friendliness towards everybody. He was happy with whatever he got here at EGAR, he loved his walks, he loved his grub and he never ever was in a bad mood. He greeted everyone with a wag of his stumpy tail.

Glor wasn't meant to find a forever home but he has had one here, we all loved him dearly. I wish it could have been different and I could have written a more happy post about him going to his new home but it wasn't meant to be. I am devastated, my little soldier is gone forever. I will bury him under the trees out in the back of the house, he will be amongst the living there. I have cried until I had no more tears.

Run free at the Bridge, Glor, and wait for me there, I will be along and then we can continue the rest of the journey together. I have loved you like my own, you will always be in my heart...
    sorry to hear your loss

Makaveli wrote:
    Well at 3am this morning my dog Cassie passed away. She was a pure bred Springer Spaniel and we've had her about 11 years.
    She just got really sick yesterday, don't know what happened and she passed away peacefully in her sleep.
    I'd like to write more about her but I can't right now because it's too hard.
    sorry for your loss
    died peacefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Sorry to hear that, its hard I know.

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Micamaca

My thoughts are with you all who have recently lost your pet friends. It's a very sad time.

I lost my cat Blackie six years ago and I still think about him. I went on holidays and when I came home my dad told me he had been missing since the previous Friday. While on holidays, I woke up one morning in floods of tears. I had dreamt about Blackie going running with another cat who was gone a few years. The two cats were going away together. I felt an incredible deep sense of loss and woke up in floods of tears. That was the day he disappeared. But I do believe in my heart he's okay, having fun somewhere.

His sister is still with me and she's a sweetheart. :)

RIP Blackie, Muffie, Judy, Laddie, Ratoe, Samantha Webb, and many other darlings we had. It's never the right time to lose a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

hi

Hi all,my first post.
    I know what it's like to lose a dog but best advise is to get another dog fairly
    soon,you won't feel the same about a new dog straight away but it will grow on you before you know it.
    I recommend a book called marley and me for all of you to read,you will laugh
    so hard and cry but very good in helping to deal with the loss.
    It also has a website marleyandme.com where you can post your pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Cassie was tragically killed last wednesday, when she was struck by a 4x4. Everyone who came into contact with Cassie is shocked and affected by her death, but none more so than myself and my fiance. She was my Dog, and his fluffy. Cassie went everywhere with me. I took her into work with me, to my parents, to the beach, etc. She brought so much happiness to our lives for the year and a half we had her. She was a rescue mutt, who had lived 4 months in a kennel. We got her at 8 months, and although were told she was a lab/cross, we discovered she was a rhodesian ridgeback. She was the most curious, kindess, gentle dog you could meet. She loved both of us, and we loved her back, but she had a spirit in here that while probably led to what happened, made her who she was.

Its only been 3 days since, but neither of us know how to deal with what has happened. I do not know if I can ever get over her, or ever deal with the unfairness of what happened. If I had been there, I could have protected her, but her escaping from work was out of my control - someone else let out by accident.

If anyone has advice on how we deal with this, please.....

cassie.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'm very sorry for your loss alowe, the best thing you can do is think of all the good times you had with Cassie and the fact that you saved her in the first place. We all only have such a lifespan on earth, be it 1 or 101, and nothing we can do will change that. Time heals all wounds but you'll never forget her. Most of us here have been in a similar situation, losing a pet, be it suddenly or due to old age and I personally think the best thing to do is get another dog when you feel its right for you. The new dog will help fill the void left by Cassie and while it will never replace her it will help.

I'm sorry for your loss alowe,when i was in the same situation all the family sat round with all the dog pitcures and told stories of sam's mad antics.
    Don't bottle it up,remember the good times you did have and the good life you gave her and it will get easier.
    she looks a real character in your pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Junkyard and Macshadow, I just wanted to say thank you. Although only responding now, I did read your replies with comfort a few times. Its been 6 days now, and I am feeling much better - at least i'm back eating again, and today am back in work. Myself and other half are now laughing and smiling at all the antics cassie use to get up to, and are able to remember her without crying everytime. We've decided that we are going to get another dog, but due to circumstances, don't think it'd be fair on the pup to get it until July. Its going to be hard waiting that long, but its the right thing to do.

thank you again for your kind words, they did help the two of us get through the weekend.

Hi alowe,good to hear you and your partner are coping.
    july will be here before you know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

reading these is making me sad....jeez.
    we got a king charles, max. love him to bits, have him since circa 97. is that old for a king charles?
    sorry to read all these terrible tales actually.........
    we never let out dog on the road, we hit him a slap when he was a baby when he crossed the road to bark at cows, he never went across since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Had to say goodbye to my dog for the last time today, Harold Belafonte Maguire (Harry...)

I dont live at home anymore, called in this morn on the way to work to say hello... he was his usual jumping around, licking, looking for food.. Got a call from my mam @ 2 today to say blood was pumping out of his mouth. He'd a tumour at the back of his throat that had burst an artery.. I wasnt able to make it back in time(bloody M50) to say one last goodbye.

He will forever be remembered. My best friend, always listened... for 13yrs. Home wont be home without him.

Rest in Peace Harry.......

image17resizedyf2.jpg

img0481resizedma4.jpg

Advertisement