Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Budget lunches

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

If you want to go really cheap Dealz does sandwiches for €1.50.
    I've eaten them and survived, reasonably tasty too in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Stevolende wrote: »
    I've eaten them and survived

I needed that laugh today. Thanks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

toilet-sandwich.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Stevolende wrote: »
    Dealz does sandwiches for €1.50. I've eaten them and survived, reasonably tasty too in fact
    Yep I agree. Some company with a P.O Box in Dublin supplies them.
    Their chicken wraps are yum and very filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

5 euro for a 4 in 1 at Xian. Not the healthiest but massive portion (feeds 2 of us)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

I would go for the Pasta Factory take away- large pasta for €10.90 (I think) and split it over two days.

The fresh pasta there is fantastic and the portions are massive.

Do the same with Boojum / Vocho and you have a nice variety for the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

I wouldn’t get hung up on hunger 5 euro, I spend over 5 euro on my sandwich everyday and really it’s nothing in the grand scheme.

wow, it's well for some!! even spending €6.5 a day, 5 days a week adds up to €1,690 a year, or you could cop yourself on and stop being lazy, learn to make yourself tastey lunches, if you stick to a reasonable weekly budget of €12 making lunch at home you'd only be spending €624 a year! a saving of over €1000 every year ;)

pure.conya wrote: »
    wow, it's well for some!! even spending €6.5 a day, 5 days a week adds up to €1,690 a year, or you could cop yourself on and stop being lazy, learn to make yourself tastey lunches, if you stick to a reasonable weekly budget of €12 making lunch at home you'd only be spending €624 a year! a saving of over €1000 every year ;)

I’d much rather spend the money on buying lunch, more choice, nicer, fresher, can have what I feel like at lunch not what I decide when shopping etc etc. Om top of that injustvsinply don’t like bringing lunch, I haven’t done it since primary school. A saving of 1k a year to lose out on all the advantages just isn’t even nearly worth it.

Even if making lunch at home 12 euro is not a reasonable weekly budget, it’s the type of budget for someone barely making ends meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

pure.conya wrote: »
    or you could cop yourself on and stop being lazy, learn to make yourself tastey lunches
    I see I have to repeat myself
    biko wrote: »
    The ask from OP is cheap delis, not personal opinions on eating out is good or not.

Stay on topic folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Dunnes in Edward Square does decent grub in the Deli. White/Brown Roll, Ciabatta, or wrap with 3 toppings (toasted or untoasted) for 2.95 euro with a free drink. They have a larger selection of meats & toppings than any other deli I've seen around the centre of town. Don't use the hot deli counter near the bottom of the escalator - they have a much better selection in the main deli.
    5 toppings for 3.95 with a drink.
    They also have a nice salad bar as mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

McDonalds. Serious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Tesco do a half Chicken and Wedges or Potato cubes for 3.95.
    Hard to beat for the price to be honest.
    Wouldn't eat it every day though.

Boojum maybe

Oh yes the Chilli Shack

McCambriges deli

Tuco's Taqueria

Noodle house $5.50

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble