Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir mobile, anyone having issues with losing signal on the west side of the city?

Options
  • 04-09-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

I've been with Eir for 2 months now and I'm having constant issues with losing signal, someone else in my house is having the same. I have rang them twice now and they gave me some blurb about updating a mast in the Galway area and that signal is about to become much better "next week".
    At this point I'm not sure if it's genuinely a mast issue or if it's my sim etc. Is anyone else having the same trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I've been with Eir for 2 months now and I'm having constant issues with losing signal, someone else in my house is having the same. I have rang them twice now and they gave me some blurb about updating a mast in the Galway area and that signal is about to become much better "next week".
    At this point I'm not sure if it's genuinely a mast issue or if it's my sim etc. Is anyone else having the same trouble?

I live on the west side of the city & had zero coverage in my house & zero coverage in work (east side of the city)

Moved to Vodafone.

I find eir coverage very good in the city, I am over on the westside at times also and no issues full 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I live on the west side of the city & had zero coverage in my house & zero coverage in work (east side of the city)

Moved to Vodafone.

Was that recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Was that recently?

I switched to Vodafone last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I was with three for years but switched to eir mobile recently because they do my home broadband and had a deal.

I regret it to be honest and I’ll be going back next year when my contract ends.

Three was just way faster and more reliable.

• Advertisement

I was with three for years but switched to eir mobile recently because they do my home broadband and had a deal.

I regret it to be honest and I’ll be going back next year when my contract ends.

Three was just way faster and more reliable.

My experience was the exact opposite. I had mobile BB with eir but the 50G cap was just too low so changed to 3. I regretted it immediately it was absolute dirt. 500kbs at peak times in the evening was a a regular occurance whereas eir rarely dropped below around 10mbs.

I’ve been an eir mobile user for over 10 years and honestly could not fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

I moved from vodafone to Three, a big mistake. If I go into Dunnes, B&Q or Joyces the phone says emergency calls only, no coverage and it isn't an issue with the phone.
    Back to vodafone at the end of the year.

Advertisement