Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The dump..

• 14-07-2019 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I always remember going to the dump with my dad as a kid to throw out old washing machines, beds, toys, the sink...

All I see now is a recycling facility? I have a tonne of mixed non really recyclable crap I want to get rid of... Where do I go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,143 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've being to a dump i a few times in the last few years.
    One area is generally recycling and another area is a landfill area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Thought this thread was about your morning shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,779 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Modern dumps are impressive facilities, but its time to move on to alternatives such as incinerators etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

To answer your question; the recycling centre. There are all sorts of different receptacles including one for general mixed waste. All but refuse generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Fiver a bag for the waste in our local, it’s a great job if you’re having a clear out and have a few extra bags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Fiver a bag for the waste in our local, it’s a great job if you’re having a clear out and have a few extra bags

same as deep rural; buy the different coloured bags and fill them and leave them at designated collection points,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

and yet people will still throw it over the ditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All I see now is a recycling facility? I have a tonne of mixed non really recyclable crap I want to get rid of... Where do I go?

Very little isn't recyclable or at least suitable for controlled disposal. Those centres will take pretty much anything, except they will charge you for non-recyclables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I'll close this for a while and move to the recycling and domestic waste forum.

Please note the change of forum and forum rules.

Buford T. Justice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement