Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foreign Aircraft Landings/Crashes WW2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

remnants found in Monaghan today;
    on your list. link.
    Quote;
    The remnants of an iconic US World War II piston-engined aircraft have been recovered from a field in Co Monaghan.

The twin-engined P38 Lightning aircraft crashed near Castleblayney on 17 December 1942.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Fascinating. Great for the pupils to learn about this history. However, I'm very surprised that they were allowed to dig the site alongside the archaeologists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Fascinating. Great for the pupils to learn about this history. However, I'm very surprised that they were allowed to dig the site alongside the archaeologists!
    The JCB looked a bit heavy handed, but I don't know the circumstances.
    I was amazed at the number of planes lost in and around Ireland on that list.

Advertisement