Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

1125126127128129131»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

PSA: bf4 is now on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BF4 now* is technically the best Battlefield released but with some of the worst maps in the series.

So for Bf5** Make better maps and upgrade the engine without the early access thing this time.

*Whoa it was bad when it came out, took nearly a year to sort it out.

** Continuity 5

dreamers75 wrote: »
    BF4 now* is technically the best Battlefield released but with some of the worst maps in the series.

So for Bf5** Make better maps and upgrade the engine without the early access thing this time.

*Whoa it was bad when it came out, took nearly a year to sort it out.

** Continuity 5

Do you mean BF6 as we just had BF5?.

BF4 didnt have bad maps, its maps were far better than BF1 and BF5, which for me had some stickers, BF5 once the issues were ironed, was held back due to the maps.

What really held BF4 back, and stops me from playing it now, are the graphics, they made it for the old consoles so it looks horrendous especially anything at distance.
    Another big issue, and this is more personal but the lack of controller settings.
    I need to be able to edit the sensitivity settings and adjust the dead zone and this sort of customisation was completely absent(despite coming in BF1).
    I'm used to playing with high sensitivity so you need to be able to adjust the dead zone so the tiniest press moves very slowly so you can track soldiers.

https://twitter.com/_jjju_/status/1277713987602284544

And the Megladon is back.

`go free my ancient friend bring joy and this awesome gift to the greatest community of all``

So if you solve it you get something.

"greatest community" he must have forgotten the launch.

I have been playing this all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Think it's time to relive one good moment of hilarity from BF4 history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've been back playing this for the last few nights and it's still a fantastic game.
    There's still a load of people playing HC. I really hope the next instalment improves on it in the right ways and keeps all the great pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I've been back playing this for the last few nights and it's still a fantastic game.
    There's still a load of people playing HC. I really hope the next instalment improves on it in the right ways and keeps all the great pieces.

Same. Was always a massive Battlefield fan. Bought Battlefield 1 but didn't take to it as much as the others. Tried Battlefield 5 via Origin Premium but didn't warrant a purchase.

I'm holding my breath for the return of the great Battlefield days.

Dice, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Started the single player and want to get that out of the way first as I heard playing multiplayer can corrupt save progress. Look forward to the MP though.

It's a decent single player game. I played it twice a fair few years ago. Once on PC and then once on Xbox.

I still do not get why the guys nickname is Irish.(feet on the ground, or some shít)

Premium = Season pass.

Could pickup the Premium physical version cheap I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I think if you get the EA pass in the store you'll get all the DLC packs included. I know it's a bit backwards but at least you'll get loads of other games to play too.
    I think it's about €5 a month, I'm not 100% sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm looking forward to MP when I get on tonight. I'm always rubbish at Battlefield at first but then gradually get better. Plus it will be my first time plyaing Battelfield MP in a modern setting. Anyone got any tips?

Stick with your squad
    Constantly throw out ammo/health bags
    If you're going to jump in a tank/heli, spawn as an engineer with repair tool
    AK5C gun is extremely versatile to all kits and an early unlock
    As always, PTFO

I don't play multi player games anymore but a fair few years ago I used to play Battlefield every night and it was brilliant. I don't know if there are still many players but I remember many times in great battles with grenades, rockets and snipers all going on around you. Walls around you would be blowing up. Some game modes your own team can give you damage I forget with games they were. I died many times when a group of us would be shooting across the map from stairways and if you moved over you would get hit by your own players, great craic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

All BF games on PC have big numbers still playing each title.

Even the first ever BF game BF1942 has people playing it.

I played some multiplayer last night and really struggled. It's been a while since I've played a competitive fps. Think COD WW2 was the last (and COD MP is easy). I guess i'm just more used to Battlefield V.
    Visibility is poor, had to turn the brightness right up and change the colour of my crosshairs.
    Most modes are dead. All anyone wants to play is large map conquests which I would rather not do until I can get the smaller maps down first.
    Also, I find that my own gun is getting in the way of me seeing the player i'm shooting? Never had that issue before.

With it being such a old game. Most if not all current players would be very good at it from playing for the past few years. You can tell that easily as at the end of each game it shows you everyone's badge.

I never had any brightness issues or gun getting in the way so I do not know what is going on there.

Can't be arsed with driving a tank halfway across the map or flying a plane or shooting the AA gun or doing actual roleplay with the classes.

Sorry dude, that hurt me on several levels.

Ari.....tell him

tenor.gif

:pac::pac::pac:

Operation Lockdown. That's what it's called. Great map, especially with the famas. :D

I have a few questions:

How do you know if someone is cheating/hacking?

Also, why do some people aim via sights at the legs when shooting rather than chest/head at close range? Is there an advantage to this? It looks weird.

You can tell by playstyle, not that many cheaters imo but with all the new amazon players that might change.

The gun pointing at the floor is an animation, they are not pointing at the floor. Try play on 60hz servers its less of an issue there.

Hackers, that's one thing that plagued the PC version when I was playing full time many years ago. But not all games are like that though and if you find a good group continue with them until you get bored of playing after a few games.

I'm not sure but I could be wrong but a hacker has to be the one running the server(I could be wrong) He may even have his friends with him. You notice it pretty quickly as you will be dying a lot and sometimes you see them flying across the map, best leave the game as soon as you notice for your own sanity.

Hackers, that's one thing that plagued the PC version when I was playing full time many years ago. But not all games are like that though and if you find a good group continue with them until you get bored of playing after a few games.

I'm not sure but I could be wrong but a hacker has to be the one running the server(I could be wrong) He may even have his friends with him. You notice it pretty quickly as you will be dying a lot and sometimes you see them flying across the map, best leave the game as soon as you notice for your own sanity.

No they work like normal cheats

Assume you mean Operation Locker? The COD map of BF. **** I hate that map.

AEK is the go to gun for assault in CQB especially on that map.

Could be cheating or could be good, that map gives you like 3 access points to each OBJ, each becomes a bottleneck eventually.

Advertisement