Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kells St Patrick’s Day Parade

• 17-03-2020 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭

Went ahead at 3pm. The usual tractors, local clubs & lovely girls were replaced with a 200 odd parade of beeping cars bedecked with Irish flags, green & other paraphernalia appropriate to the day.
    social distancing was observed by all

F U Corona Virus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loads of towns are doing this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

F U Corona Virus

I’m not sure that’s how you “stand up” to the virus.

Although, considering it was in Kells, I’ve no doubt there were more than a few lad with their shirts off swinging digs at nothing but the wind. Big bellies all a-jiggle.

We’re all playing our part, I suppose.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I’m not sure that’s how you “stand up” to the virus.

Although, considering it was in Kells, I’ve no doubt there were more than a few lad with their shirts off swinging digs at nothing but the wind. Big bellies all a-jiggle.

We’re all playing our part, I suppose.

Totally uncalled for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Went ahead at 3pm. The usual tractors, local clubs & lovely girls were replaced with a 200 odd parade of beeping cars bedecked with Irish flags, green & other paraphernalia appropriate to the day.
    social distancing was observed by all

F U Corona Virus

Sure, all the lovely girls have their onlyfans these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Fúck Navan

Up Trim

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When I was a nipper back in the 1980s, the big Paddy’s Day parade in Dublin was full of the big floats of Irish companies (ATA alarms had like about 25 odd floats) and the scuffed kneed American marching band girls twirling their batons.

Then in the 1990s Macnas stepped in and it went all Mardi Gras ccolouful carnival style. Big improvement TBH...

Maybe a parade full of floats would observe the “social distancing” guidelines? So Kells managed to hold a parade of sorts, any other towns follow suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

this is Liveline fodder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭pgj2015

why wasnt it shown on rte news? answer because they (the government and RTE) want us all scared $hitless in our houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That should have been done in Ennis!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,703 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

pgj2015 wrote: »
    why wasnt it shown on rte news? answer because they (the government and RTE) want us all scared $hitless in our houses.

A number of "hilarious" clips were shown, doting parents sticking kids up on YouTube, a T Rex playing an accordion etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

pgj2015 wrote: »

and what do "they" gain by the economy tanking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

It's Kells Lads, sure what harm could it do there

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The smugness of the Dubs against the backbone of Ireland never cease to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

biko wrote: »
    The smugness of the Dubs against the backbone of Ireland never cease to amaze me.

Here, shouldn’t you be off moaning about black lads, and Arabs, over in Sweden?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

biko wrote: »

Ah yeah, one poster on Boards speaks for all Dubs.

Good man, Biko - never lose that chip or a chance to throw a dig.

Back on topic - good stuff, Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

F U Corona Virus

You don't seem to understand the current situation.

Advertisement