Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    As it stands we are not too far behind the number of posts for the full month of March 19, it seems in the craziest of times we really need Christmas cheer more than ever!

Reckon we'll smash those figures this month, especially if a large amount of regulars are stuck at home.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Reckon we'll smash those figures this month, especially if a large amount of regulars are stuck at home.

Also once the novelty of the current situation starts to wear off, I think people will be back posting on a broader range of topics.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Also once the novelty of the current situation starts to wear off, I think people will be back posting on a broader range of topics.

True. It seems everything else in the world has stopped with little else being discussed.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's actually hard to remember (Brexit) what we actually talked about before all this!

So LoughC, how did we end up for posts in March?
    I'm craving a stats update :D

• Advertisement

Fingers cross for some Friday afternoon good news :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

Fingers cross for some Friday afternoon good news :)

cant wait.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sorry man busy day at the home office and real office!!

I will get to it first thing Monday :)

Sorry man busy day at the home office and real office!!

I will get to it first thing Monday :)

Ah here, no rush at all, just curious is all, enjoy the weekend!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So March 2020 ended up with 74 posts more than March 2019 :)

Q1 20 is now 270 posts ahead of Q1 19.

Up but considering what's happening that makes sense why March was such a hit.

• Advertisement

So March 2020 ended up with 74 posts more than March 2019 :)

Q1 20 is now 270 posts ahead of Q1 19.

Up but considering what's happening that makes sense why March was such a hit.

Thanks Loughc; great to hear :)

Interestingly April 19 was our quietest month last year, early posts indications I can see April 20 surpassing April 19 easily and it may not even be the quietest month this year.

I imagine once lockdown is over we'll all be fleeing from the laptops, tablets and phones! :)

Interestingly April 19 was our quietest month last year, early posts indications I can see April 20 surpassing April 19 easily and it may not even be the quietest month this year.

I imagine once lockdown is over we'll all be fleeing from the laptops, tablets and phones! :)

Think April will look after itself so :D May make a serious move up the league table in fact.

Have to admit with WFH I've been popping in to the older threads a good bit again as I always said they're a great cheer up tool. Got some real good laughs & bangs of nostalgia reading back through the old stuff. I know its only April but last Christmas feels so long ago now that I'm having no problems revisiting the ghosts of Christmas past!

Think April will look after itself so :D May make a serious move up the league table in fact.

Have to admit with WFH I've been popping in to the older threads a good bit again as I always said they're a great cheer up tool. Got some real good laughs & bangs of nostalgia reading back through the old stuff. I know its only April but last Christmas feels so long ago now that I'm having no problems revisiting the ghosts of Christmas past!

With everything that’s happening February feels like a lifetime ago!

I think the glorious weather and the lockdown will work against us this month, people seem to be itching to get away from their phones during these recent times and who can blame them, especially in this weather, but as the saying goes lets make hay while the sun shines! :)

I think the glorious weather and the lockdown will work against us this month, people seem to be itching to get away from their phones during these recent times and who can blame them, especially in this weather, but as the saying goes lets make hay while the sun shines! :)

I sense a challenge...

Though agree the forum is clearly the quietest its been in a long time.

Though agree the forum is clearly the quietest its been in a long time.

Yep, more surprised when there is a new post when I check these days then when there isn't!

Yep, more surprised when there is a new post when I check these days then when there isn't!

I check in here regularly, I find reading back over old threads quite therapeutic when my heads in need of some 'calm'

I can never quite muster the will to listen to christmas music or watch christmas films out of season but love reading back over posts from previous years & seeing the build up gather excitement etc. Its brilliant to have that to fall back on.

Being a nostalgic old sod I love this forum.:)

I check in here regularly, I find reading back over old threads quite therapeutic when my heads in need of some 'calm'

I can never quite muster the will to listen to christmas music or watch christmas films out of season but love reading back over posts from previous years & seeing the build up gather excitement etc. Its brilliant to have that to fall back on.

Being a nostalgic old sod I love this forum.:)

Started to do this myself a couple of weeks ago and then work just took over so if not working I'm trying to help my wife with the kids.

She is back to work (from home as well) on Monday so will have even less time in here :(

• Advertisement

So we ended up April 32 posts more than April last year. Which is really good going as there's been nothing normal about April!

We are now 302 posts up on last year for the 1st 4 months of the year.

So we ended up April 32 posts more than April last year. Which is really good going as there's been nothing normal about April!

Take that Covid-19, not even a pandemic can slow us down :D

over 300 posts up, wow! 2020 has the makings of a bumper year so.

over 300 posts up, wow! 2020 has the makings of a bumper year so.

We'll have to see, we all could be massively fatigued by the end of this year.

It's also important to point out last year May had 125 posts more than April last year. As it stands we are already well behind for May. I have no idea why May last year was so popular, April and June were quiet but that's expected.

We'll have to see, we all could be massively fatigued by the end of this year.

It's also important to point out last year May had 125 posts more than April last year. As it stands we are already well behind for May. I have no idea why May last year was so popular, April and June were quiet but that's expected.

I'd be hopeful we'll be excited for christmas come the end of the year as the rest of it will have been such a disappointment. But yeah, a lot can change in a short time, as we have all seen in the last 6 or 7 weeks.

May does seem quieter so far to be fair. As I'm up at my desk at home I dont have to set an example to others with respect to internet usage during work hours so pop in here every day, and its clearly eased off in terms of volume of posts.

Great to see a stats update though, I had only been thinking about it earlier today too.

As it stands we are already well behind for May. I have no idea why May last year was so popular, April and June were quiet but that's expected.

Could be the good weather the last few days and Boards was playing up so people not bothering to wait for posts to load.

Last May was probably people on talking about their summer holiday plans and the 'Know your Elves' threads use to generate a fair bit of traffic as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Take that Covid-19, not even a pandemic can slow us down :D
    Aren't we great? :D
    Last May was probably people on talking about their summer holiday plans
    Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

So hows the merry month of May go for us here at the Christmas forum LoughC?
    I'd be amazed if we were anything other than down on preivous years, seemed v.quiet in here for long spells last month.

So hows the merry month of May go for us here at the Christmas forum LoughC?
    I'd be amazed if we were anything other than down on preivous years, seemed v.quiet in here for long spells last month.

While I agree it has seemed v quiet lets hope for some inverted logic where there was actually more posts then last year even though it seemed quieter!

We've been on such a good run of late........

• Advertisement

While I agree it has seemed v quiet lets hope for some inverted logic where there was actually more posts then last year even though it seemed quieter!

We've been on such a good run of late........

I know what you mean, but being working from home it feels like I've been in here every day mon-fri & I dont remember ever logging on to find a flurry of posts, but hopefully I'm wrong & we kept our good run going.

Though with the good weather and so many people not working you can understand people being less inclined to pop in.

Advertisement