Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-01-2020, 16:36   #16
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvB View Post
I actually spent 99% of my online activity over the break on here, as much as I like it in here thats sad old man territory so have decided to limit my time on the tinterweb & will be trying to put the phone away a lot more in the future. I spend way too much of my free time on it & for my own wellbeing need to back away a bit more.

Whats seldom is wonderful after all!
I tend to go through spells of binging and then not getting time to be on here at all that I enjoy the time I do get to be on here.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-01-2020, 17:31   #17
DvB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughc View Post
I tend to go through spells of binging and then not getting time to be on here at all that I enjoy the time I do get to be on here.
Hmmm, the truth is strong with this one.
Thanks from:
07-01-2020, 09:08   #18
TRS30

Quote:
I actually spent 99% of my online activity over the break on here, as much as I like it in here thats sad old man territory so have decided to limit my time on the tinterweb & will be trying to put the phone away a lot more in the future. I spend way too much of my free time on it & for my own wellbeing need to back away a bit more.

Whats seldom is wonderful after all!
Was something that the bester half and I were chatting about on New Years eve. She spends too much time on Instagram and me on Twitter, not posting or anything just following others. So we both decided to cut back and try to do when we are alone, i.e. I check twitter for 10 mins on the train and then book out.

I do most of my posting on here during work time (shhh don't tell the boss) so rarely be on in the evening and weekend which I see as family time, either with the kids or me and the missus.
Thanks from:
07-01-2020, 09:12   #19
DvB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS30 View Post
Was something that the bester half and I were chatting about on New Years eve. She spends too much time on Instagram and me on Twitter, not posting or anything just following others. So we both decided to cut back and try to do when we are alone, i.e. I check twitter for 10 mins on the train and then book out.

I do most of my posting on here during work time (shhh don't tell the boss) so rarely be on in the evening and weekend which I see as family time, either with the kids or me and the missus.
Similar to myself. I dont post much on twitter these days & tend to use it for sports & news mostly. I pretty much ignore FB & really should just go & delete my account. Instagram is used for putting up family pics only & I only allow family access (family living abroad etc) anyway. So as I said its mostly posting here in this forum in terms of interacting

Either way will be cutting back in the evenings from now on. If nothing else it might help me sleep better too!
Thanks from:
07-01-2020, 09:17   #20
TRS30

Quote:
Similar to myself. I dont post much on twitter these days & tend to use it for sports & news mostly. I pretty much ignore FB & really should just go & delete my account. Instagram is used for putting up family pics only & I only allow family access (family living abroad etc) anyway. So as I said its mostly posting here in this forum in terms of interacting

Either way will be cutting back in the evenings from now on. If nothing else it might help me sleep better too!
That could be me posting that!! Only difference is neither wife or I have a Facebook account.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-01-2020, 14:16   #21
Posy
Warm and cosy

I have a Facebook account that I don't use anymore. Think I posted one update last year.

This social media downtime is great, but don't forget your old chums here in the Christmas forum, okay?!
(4) thanks from:
07-01-2020, 14:50   #22
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
This social media downtime is great, but don't forget your old chums here in the Christmas forum, okay?!
We're not social media... we're having a chat with auld pals
(5) thanks from:
07-01-2020, 15:02   #23
TRS30

Quote:
We're not social media... we're having a chat with auld pals
Who's round is it??
Thanks from:
07-01-2020, 15:36   #24
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS30 View Post
Who's round is it??
I'll gladly get the first round in!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-01-2020, 16:28   #25
TRS30

Quote:
I'll gladly get the first round in!
Don't tempt me, a cold pint would go down a treat about now however going to try and stay 'dry' for the whole of Jan.
Thanks from:
15-01-2020, 18:24   #26
Loughc

Small update about half way through the month and already less than 400 posts to go to beating last years target for January. Seems doable

Last edited by Loughc; 15-01-2020 at 18:44.
Thanks from:
15-01-2020, 18:41   #27
Posy
Warm and cosy

Wow!
15-01-2020, 18:45   #28
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
Wow!
I should clarify it's the target for January!

It's been a long week
Thanks from:
15-01-2020, 19:49   #29
DvB

Quote:
I should clarify it's the target for January!

It's been a long week
Suspect we'll smash that out of the park. In fact I predict we'll beat it by 70ish posts.
Thanks from:
15-01-2020, 19:52   #30
DvB

IIRC we usually keep a decent total for January what with us still winding down from the festivities. Assume it drops off for the summer, but was wondering when do we usually start seeing a dramatic drop off and a below average monthly total?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion