Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do you get the presents in without the kids knowing?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Magic.

We were discussing this in my house earlier on.

I was told that when I was young, the spare bedroom was locked and all my presents were put into it. My brother (8 years older, so didn't believe in santa) went to bed at the same time as me, but got back up after I fell asleep. My dad was in the pub and had the key to the room.

So apparently my dad came home locked drunk, and they couldn't find the key. So they took turns keeping an eye on me to make sure I didn't wake, while they kicked in the door to the bedroom with the presents in it. I never woke up and although the door was in bits the next morning and barely on it's hinges, I never questioned it or passed any remarks.

Apparently the key was sitting on one of the stairs and they found it almost immediately after getting into the room :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Calpol. Lots n lots of glorious Calpol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The gas thing is I remember the folks creeping up and down the stairs with everything. Me and 2 of my brothers were well wide. The others would only have been babies. We would give them a while and creep down like ninjas about 2 or 3 in the morning. We had the presence of mind not to play with anything noisy but eventually one of the folks would hear us and run us back up to bed.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hey, I don't have kids yet but i'm curious as to what your tricks of the trade are for getting the presents to the tree on Christmas eve without them knowing?

This is how I found out Santa was fake incidentally - I stumbled across the presents one Christmas eve stocked up in another room in advance. I pretended I didn't. They were none the wiser.

Kids ears are fine tuned instruments on Christmas eve (mine were anyway) waiting for Santa.

So how is the mission accomplished in your house?

Happy to hear any disasters in this regard too. :cool:

P.S sorry if asked before, I didn't see a thread

Santy does it...its magic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

pablo128 wrote: »
    The gas thing is I remember the folks creeping up and down the stairs with everything. Me and 2 of my brothers were well wide. The others would only have been babies. We would give them a while and creep down like ninjas about 2 or 3 in the morning. We had the presence of mind not to play with anything noisy but eventually one of the folks would hear us and run us back up to bed.

Good times.

I'm literally just finished creeping up and down the stairs about 8 times. My eldest woke just before and asked if Santa had been yet. But I still thought I'd better get a start as that could go on for hours. Hopefully we're all good.
    We kept the toys hidden in the eaves of the attic bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'm literally just finished creeping up and down the stairs about 8 times. My eldest woke just before and asked if Santa had been yet. But I still thought I'd better get a start as that could go on for hours. Hopefully we're all good.
    We kept the toys hidden in the eaves of the attic bedroom.

They know. You jumped the gun.

Fcuk it. Sit back and have a can or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Just incase - delete this thread..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Just finished deliveries as well thank God no one woke can relax now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rub a Dub

Off topic but, there doesn't seem to have been a must have thing for kids this year. In recent years I remember everyone going mad for that Elsa doll and then the hatchimals.
    Seems more chilled this year, with a good stock of everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Most of it is in the attic, we were supposed to take it all down and put it in his van but we just never got around to it with everything the past few days. The eldest is 11, she got a desk and that was built and is in the van. We will be ****tin taking it all down later.

11 year old was on snapchat earlier and seen that her aunt, my incredibly smart sister had put up a video of her sitting room with all the kids presents. 11 year old was asking wtf is going on and was freaking out that she needed to go to bed asap(we were in the middle of watching home alone)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think children tend to be much heavier sleepers than adults, which is how parents can sneak things into position at the right time. You don't really hear of children being insomniacs and awake all night.

Advertisement