Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-04-2020, 19:08   #2071
New Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badly Drunk Boy View Post
I think a lot of Easter Eggs have been 're-purposed'.

(But where are the rest of the Palm Sunday Eve eggs? )
It's like with EU funds, "Use them or lose them"... I'm afraid the Easter Bunny took them back. The scoundrel!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-04-2020, 23:12   #2072
Potential-Monke

Slightly more than trivially happy, but this is the first look at anything PS5 related. Not gone on the 2 tone so hoping for a single all black option, but yeah, I am excite! (This is a mock up of an all black one, and much nicer)

https://twitter.com/Mucrush/status/1...616037889?s=19

Last edited by Potential-Monke; 07-04-2020 at 23:22.
08-04-2020, 00:46   #2073
Purple Mountain

Aonghus von B is back.
(3) thanks from:
08-04-2020, 09:52   #2074
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

A few th, I ordered coffee from mahers coffee and they sent back an email saying we appreciate your business in these harsh times, have a 10% discount on your next order!

Seeing a video of my two year old nephew meeting his new sister and he was so gentle with her and loving and sweet, he kept giving her kissies and cuddles and kept saying "ba ba" we were all worried he would be jealous of her but I guess giving him a little baby doll to care for helped as he really cared for that doll! but then in another video he was giving kissies and then he tried to rob her little hat and his dad said "no no " and he ran off giggling the little rascal!

Video chatting with my brother in Australia last night and hearing my niece say her ABC's and also being a rascal and running around going mad, god I miss her x.
08-04-2020, 10:57   #2075
Antares35

We got a delivery of food earlier in the week. I am still not over the novelty of having the things I like back in the fridge and presses again. Also, having fresh fruit on hand. I don't know why but it just makes me feel really lucky and privileged!
Advertisement
08-04-2020, 11:12   #2076
Kitty6277

As I’m sure most of ye know by now, I’m not generally a morning person. But I was awake since earlier to take in a delivery (TH in itself) but now I’m feeling really motivated to work out and I’m mentally planning my day. Maybe mornings aren’t so bad after all
08-04-2020, 11:19   #2077
HildaOgdenx

Just sitting having a cup of coffee, radio playing old favourites in the background, sun beaming in the window, a moment of contentment, despite everything that's going on.
08-04-2020, 11:39   #2078
bolgbui41

This morning my mam had to go into the chemist to pick up my usual prescription. They know me well in the chemist because I've been a very frequent customer for about 15 years, so they know I've been cocooning for almost four weeks. They also know that I get very dry skin and hair as a side effect of illness.

So about an hour ago, my mam dropped two paper bags full of stuff on the window. The first contained my usual meds. The second had an absolute tonne of free samples of very nice moisturisers and creams and several other little treats (a face mask, a candle - that kind of thing). There was also a little note from the pharmacist saying they realised it must be tough to be alone so much, so they were sending out that stuff to cheer me up and they hoped they'd be able to see me again soon.

It has definitely made me more than TH that people would be so incredibly kind and thoughtful - I may have had a little cry when I read the note. I'm also TH about looking forward to pampering myself tonight
08-04-2020, 11:49   #2079
BuileBeag

Aawww bolgbui that's so kind of them. That's made me a little teary. So many random acts of kindness at the moment. How lovely.
Advertisement
08-04-2020, 11:51   #2080
HildaOgdenx

That's so lovely bolgbui.
So many people go above and beyond in small and big ways just now.

Enjoy the treats!
08-04-2020, 12:09   #2081
KatW4

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Home
PIIIIIICSSSS!!!!!
I'm just so useless at putting up pictures on here. I'll try work it out but I can't promise anything!

Major TH today. My internet stopped working over 2 weeks ago so I rang Vodafone and the lady I was talking to said engineers had to sort it out. Today was the day it was supposed to be ready but it wasn't so I rang again. A lovely man told me that it was my data that had run out. Ridiculous. But anyway, he sorted it all out for me and I have internet again! Yay!!
08-04-2020, 12:10   #2082
KatW4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgbui41
It has definitely made me more than TH that people would be so incredibly kind and thoughtful - I may have had a little cry when I read the note. I'm also TH about looking forward to pampering myself tonight
That was so thoughtful and kind of them! Great thing to read this afternoon. Enjoy your treats
08-04-2020, 12:18   #2083
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatW4 View Post
I'm just so useless at putting up pictures on here. I'll try work it out but I can't promise anything!

Major TH today. My internet stopped working over 2 weeks ago so I rang Vodafone and the lady I was talking to said engineers had to sort it out. Today was the day it was supposed to be ready but it wasn't so I rang again. A lovely man told me that it was my data that had run out. Ridiculous. But anyway, he sorted it all out for me and I have internet again! Yay!!
Email them to me if you want and I'll post them for yis.
08-04-2020, 13:17   #2084
Bredabe

FINALLY finished my 365 course! a lot of revision to do to cement it.

But for now, an afternoon off!
08-04-2020, 14:44   #2085
Widdershins

The celibate pandas in Chinese zoos have started mating, possibly because they feel more comfortable without a load of human spectators gorming at them

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion