Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I mean can you say' alexa, play radiohead 'in dreams' (without specifying 'from spotify'?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sweetie wrote: »
    I mean can you say' alexa, play radiohead 'in dreams' (without specifying 'from spotify'?)

aye.

"Alexa play Beautiful by Snoop Doggy Dogg"

"oh oh oh oh oh" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

LariToper wrote: »
    The one frustrating thing about that is the in app purchase subscription is far more expensive than paying by card through the site. The yearly sub is €44 at the moment (normally €72) but the in app price is €95. If you pay month to month its €9.99 by card from the website or €12.99. Pretty large premium for paying by app.

Google take 30% for any in app billing. Likely the reason headspace increases the price when using in app billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Never heard of it *Arf*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Does anyone know if I send money from my credit to another Vodafone payg, can they use it as if they are topping up their phone to use for their plan or does it not show as a top up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭corks finest

dercunx wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I send money from my credit to another Vodafone payg, can they use it as if they are topping up their phone to use for their plan or does it not show as a top up?
    AFAIK has to be from a VF bill payer

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dercunx wrote: »

No, it's not classed as a top-up and it doesn't activate any top-up offers. It's simply a transfer of credit from one PAYG account to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I don't get the option to subscribe with my phone credit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I don't get the option to subscribe with my phone credit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Is it not under "Payment methods" or something similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is it not under "Payment methods" or something similar?

I have credit card PayPal and Safepay listed. Odd because I use my credit for a few subscriptions with no issue. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does anyone know of any Vodafone options for using credit? The ones I find are all 3.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any Vodafone options for using credit? The ones I find are all 3.

Google Play Store works for both Vodafone and Three. Spotify for €5 a month is a Vodafone only offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Thanks, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

I have credit card PayPal and Safepay listed. Odd because I use my credit for a few subscriptions with no issue. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Same here - no VF option under Payment Options in Google Play Store. Have no idea how to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭xtal191

Same here, cant use my credit to pay for Deezer, I'm with 3

matzen wrote: »
    Same here - no VF option under Payment Options in Google Play Store. Have no idea how to get it.

Are you on Vodafone mobile data rather than WiFi? You can't set it up while connected to WiFi.

Quackster wrote: »
    Are you on Vodafone mobile data rather than WiFi? You can't set it up while connected to WiFi.

On VF mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

go to playstore,

Top Left
    >
    Account
    >
    Payment methods
    >
    You should get the option to add your mobile number here

RossieMan wrote: »
    go to playstore,

Top Left
    >
    Account
    >
    Payment methods
    >
    You should get the option to add your mobile number here

Nope. Not there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭homingbird

Hi can you use this to buy skype credit as you can buy with phone credit on this site.
    https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gift-cards-points/microsoft-gift-card-10-xbox-one-360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

homingbird wrote: »
    Hi can you use this to buy skype credit as you can buy with phone credit on this site.
    https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gift-cards-points/microsoft-gift-card-10-xbox-one-360

How do you buy with phone credit? Can't seem to see the option. Or have I misread your post :)

I used it before it gives you the option @ checkout . The reason i want to buy it is i am on tescomobile they allow you buy internet addons so i buy the addon end of my tesco pasygo month & use skype for the second month i use 3 for home broadband so its that credit i want to use to buy skype credit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ireland not mentioned as a participating country.

EDIT:
    Tried to buy a game and the was no carrier billing option available.

Had credit/debit card, paypal and gift card.

You have to be signed in & use your phone to buy to get the option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Try settings - App - and delete storage in the play store apps.

Wipe the caches.

It's always them causing these problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

You have to be signed in & use your phone to buy to get the option.

Still doesn't work for me.

All I get is Paypal, Skrill Wallet & Credit/debit card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Still doesn't work for me.

All I get is Paypal, Skrill Wallet & Credit/debit card.

Same, no skrill for me though - on phone.

• Advertisement

Kuva wrote: »
    Try settings - App - and delete storage in the play store apps.

Wipe the caches.

It's always them causing these problems.
    Thank you. Already tried that but it still doesn't work. No option for Vodafone payment. Wondering if it's got to do with the APN settings. Mind sharing the settings from your phone so I can compare?

Advertisement