Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I’m currently watching/reading/listening to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Goo Goo Dolls - Let It Snow

Two brilliant animation videos for classic Christmas songs !

Frank Sinatra - Mistletoe And Holly

Bing Crosby - Winter Wonderland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Watching the 1965 Charlie Brown Christmas with the kids, forgot how good it was, surprised to see despite being 55 years old it held the kids attention too. Cant beat a classic.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Jonas Brothers - I Need You Christmas

Meghan Trainor - Holidays (Official Audio) ft. Earth, Wind & Fire

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    Meghan Trainor - Holidays (Official Audio) ft. Earth, Wind & Fire

Meghan’s Christmas album released today.

https://music.apple.com/ie/album/a-very-trainor-christmas/1530314525

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

This is a good one:

otnomart wrote: »
    Goo Goo Dolls - This Is Christmas

the video is out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

A slowed down version of Last Christmas from Derek Ryan.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Love these animated videos !
    White Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

As many lessons and carols se rvices from the English cathedrals of my former life as I can fit into the day. Youtube, I love you!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Watching the Father Ted Christmas special

the peak of an Irish persons Xmas eve :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

Watching Kevin Home Alone 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Such a cathcy tune from the legendary Bob Dylan

Love this version of the song and from 3-04 on is just beautiful in that kind of vocal style. The Used also do a great version of the song

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

All my days are in my beloved English cathedrals with their rich choral traditions at this season. So utterly lovely

What did we do before youtube!

It has been sublime... and will be today

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Listening to a new podcast The Christmas countdown Show and it’s a great listen!! Would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

It is indeed. It’s on all available podcast feeds. (Not a plug)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Listening to Nigel Slaters podcast A Cooks Chronicles. Season one is based on his book The Christmas Chronicles, a nostalgic look at Christmas traditions, with the focus mainly on food. The book is beautiful, would recommend it as a gift for any Christmas loving foodie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Jude13

We watched the family stone at the weekend, very very strange movie. The dinner scene is very unusual, I am in no way the wokest but it would fit more into the 1920's than the 2020's. Apart from that it had Christmas and snow, we will probably never watch it again.

I have been listening to the countdown to Christmas podcast on spotify, currently on the food episode, very US oriented obviously.

This is surprisingly accurate.

The new marvel series Hawkeye landed this week and it’s set at Christmas in New York. Some of the shots are absolutely stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Been a lot of hype around it, hearing ads for it everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Have watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed it. Love the "tracksuit mafia".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I watched Last Chrsitmas for the first time.I knew the twist from seeing the trailer when the film came out but I enjoyed it.

Almost a twist on the Christmas Carol story with Kate's personal growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

BBC Radio have announced their highlights.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/christmas-radio-2021

The wonderful "Conversations from a Long Marriage" starring Roger Allam and Joanna Lumley will return for a Christmas special.

The original Christmas special is available here via BBC Sounds (not geoblocked):

Interesting adaptations:

John Finnemore and Samantha Bond star in Moominland Midwinter; there’s the first radio adaptation of The Princess Bride.

Raiding the archives in the run up to Christmas on BBC Radio 4 extra:

* For fans of "The Box of Delights", an adaptation of another John Masefield fantasy, starring Charles Dance.

* Maeve Binch short story adaptations, including some set at Christmas

* For those who like their Christmas with some barbed wit, Rumpole of the Bailey at Christmas

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I love Tom Hanks and was amazed I hadn't seen the polar express so sat down to watch it last night.

It was fun but underwhelming and the CGI/animation seemed a little creepy a times. I'm glad I've seen it but it won't be one to go on my annual re watch list.

My next two will probably be two new netflix ones A Castle For Christmas and Love Hard.

I'm loving The Chesnut Man on Netflix and Dopesick on Disney+ so I need some levity to balance it out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I watched The Knight Before Christmas this evening on Netflix. I had pretty low expectations, but ended up being pleasantly surprised. 🙂

Advertisement