Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-10-2018, 01:10   #496
dulux99

I'm having withdrawal symptoms now to be honest. Love Las Vegas, love the place itself, love the buzz, love the fight week events like press conference and weigh ins, loved the atmosphere infront of the arena beforehand with the fighters outside taking pics, loved the commraderie before and after with both Irish and Russians - despite what the media would have you believe

Sadly I think I'll struggle to get anyone to come with me to a non mcgregor fight, and if he fights in the summer then Vegas is too expensive. Great times though.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-10-2018, 10:11   #497
wilkie2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulux99 View Post
I'm having withdrawal symptoms now to be honest. Love Las Vegas, love the place itself, love the buzz, love the fight week events like press conference and weigh ins, loved the atmosphere infront of the arena beforehand with the fighters outside taking pics, loved the commraderie before and after with both Irish and Russians - despite what the media would have you believe

Sadly I think I'll struggle to get anyone to come with me to a non mcgregor fight, and if he fights in the summer then Vegas is too expensive. Great times though.
Agreed. Had been to Vegas before (and didn't really care for it), but not for a fight. This trip was incredible, though: was really sorry to come home.

I'm lucky that my wife enjoyed the whole trip too and is happy to visit again for a card without McGregor.
14-10-2018, 17:34   #498
JoeyJJ

Thats 4 times there now over 11 years (4 fight cards). May be a long long time before we go again. Still love the place even though it is getting more expensive.
14-10-2018, 17:36   #499
dulux99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJJ View Post
Thats 4 times there now over 11 years (4 fight cards). May be a long long time before we go again. Still love the place even though it is getting more expensive.
Yeah it's definitely getting more expensive I noticed that myself
15-10-2018, 09:43   #500
DrPhilG

I'd love to go back, might even wangle a trip this year sometime.

Been 4 times, UFC 100, 116, 189 and Manny Pacquaio's retirement fight (although he didn't stay retired) against Bradley I think.
Advertisement
01-11-2018, 11:15   #501
Porthallian

Anyone else heading to MSG this week? Looking forward to the main event and Weidman v Jacare. Other than that I'm really disappointed in the card. Especially losing the Diaz Poirier fight.
06-03-2019, 15:57   #502
R.F.

I am going for a holiday to Vegas from Ireland with my wife and just realised I will be there during International Fight Week.... had feeling it would fall like this when I booked the trip back in December

Anyway I have never been to a UFC event outside of Europe so I need some help. Are tickets put on sale very early for these shows, and how difficult will it be for me to acquire tickets for this event as it usually is one of their biggest of the year. Any tips will be welcome. Thanks in advance
06-03-2019, 18:30   #503
dulux99

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F. View Post
I am going for a holiday to Vegas from Ireland with my wife and just realised I will be there during International Fight Week.... had feeling it would fall like this when I booked the trip back in December

Anyway I have never been to a UFC event outside of Europe so I need some help. Are tickets put on sale very early for these shows, and how difficult will it be for me to acquire tickets for this event as it usually is one of their biggest of the year. Any tips will be welcome. Thanks in advance
Tickets are usually on sale about 6 weeks before the event. Fight club membership is definitely advised but depending on the event you may get away without it, but personally I'd never take the gamble. It's about 100 quid for peace of mind.
Thanks from:
06-03-2019, 20:56   #504
R.F.

Quote:
Tickets are usually on sale about 6 weeks before the event. Fight club membership is definitely advised but depending on the event you may get away without it, but personally I'd never take the gamble. It's about 100 quid for peace of mind.
Thanks, I notice there is 2 membership options

Elite for $150 and Ultimate for $85. Can I ask which you have?
Advertisement
06-03-2019, 21:18   #505
rob316

Quote:

Just the basic 85 dollar is fine and will give you presale access. I've never not got tickets with presale access.
Thanks from:
07-03-2019, 08:49   #506
JoeyJJ

WIth Int fight week you may get some benefits from it also. Its a great week, fighters everywhere.
07-03-2019, 13:36   #507
dulux99

Quote:

I just have the 85 quid one and it always did the job. I didn't even know there was an elite option.

As Joey said fight week is the best week to go to Vegas.
Thanks from:
07-03-2019, 14:14   #508
R.F.

Quote:
I just have the 85 quid one and it always did the job. I didn't even know there was an elite option.

As Joey said fight week is the best week to go to Vegas.
cheers, so I might get that now. Roughly how long does the pre-sale last before they go on general sale?

And also how much am I looking at for tickets? I dont want to be up in the gods but not looking for ultra expensive ring side seats
07-03-2019, 14:33   #509
JoeyJJ

about 6 weeks before, maybe late may, keep an eye on ufc website.
07-03-2019, 15:35   #510
DrPhilG

Quote:
cheers, so I might get that now. Roughly how long does the pre-sale last before they go on general sale?

And also how much am I looking at for tickets? I dont want to be up in the gods but not looking for ultra expensive ring side seats
Tickets go out 6-8 weeks before the event, the Fight Club presale is on the Wednesday, other presale like Newsletter codes etc on the Thursday, general sale on the Friday.

How much you spend will depend on the headliner. If McGregor fights Cowboy or some other huge fights go down, brace yourself...

I've been to 3 UFC events in Vegas, one was during fight week (UFC 100). Next was UFC 116 and then UFC 189. So that's 2 Lesnar headliners then McGregor. Ticket prices were savage. I spent between $4-600 and was still a long way back.

I tell a lie, 4 Vegas events. Did a TUF finale the day after 189. Those were cheap though, held it in the MGM rather than their usual trip to the Palms etc so it was half empty. 4500 attendance compared to the 16k the night before.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion