Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-07-2013, 22:20   #46
tolosenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rented Mule View Post
Why ?

They offered him a contract and he has a chance to go deep in the playoffs (especially in the East).
Next year there'll be Gaborik, Vanek, Lundqvist, Sedin, Sedin, Marleau, Thornton, Iggy, Alfie, Bouwmeester, Phaneuf...

Signing at minimum allows their new team to acquire more depth. Adding all of the above for a combined 7 million cap hit? Or even 2 or three of them (Sedins + Vanek = 100 goals for <$2mil combined)? These players are already set for life, one season making "only" a half million won't kill them, but will drastically improve their chances
Advertisement
19-07-2013, 12:35   #47
Rented Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolosenc View Post
Next year there'll be Gaborik, Vanek, Lundqvist, Sedin, Sedin, Marleau, Thornton, Iggy, Alfie, Bouwmeester, Phaneuf...

Signing at minimum allows their new team to acquire more depth. Adding all of the above for a combined 7 million cap hit? Or even 2 or three of them (Sedins + Vanek = 100 goals for <$2mil combined)? These players are already set for life, one season making "only" a half million won't kill them, but will drastically improve their chances
It's a one year deal. Detroit is under the Cap and offered him the deal. Also, the NHLPA is not a big proponent of contract like that. They can affect the rates that other players can command if brought to arbitration. Even Mario Lemieux had to pay himself the league average when he came back and he owned the team.
06-08-2013, 09:57   #48
smackbunnybaby

The Phoenix Coyotes are going nowhere!

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/95...hoenix-coyotes
31-08-2013, 19:53   #49
cena

Where is everyone going to watch the hockey this year
31-08-2013, 20:01   #50
Fiery mutant

Anywhere I can. Gamecentre, online streams, anywhere I can. I'm not a fan of Setanta and they are a last resort, if another supplier came in with a decent package and good presenters I'd probably go for it.
Advertisement
31-08-2013, 20:11   #51
cena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery mutant View Post
Anywhere I can. Gamecentre, online streams, anywhere I can. I'm not a fan of Setanta and they are a last resort, if another supplier came in with a decent package and good presenters I'd probably go for it.
Setanta is 20 a month with bbc not part of the sub. I only need hockey not into any other sport they show
31-08-2013, 20:40   #52
MrJoeSoap

It'll be Gamecenter again for me.
31-08-2013, 21:24   #53
cena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoeSoap View Post
It'll be Gamecenter again for me.
Is it good joe. I tried the nfl one a few weeks back but I was pretty slow. Than again it was a free trial day
31-08-2013, 21:58   #54
MrJoeSoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cena View Post
Is it good joe. I tried the nfl one a few weeks back but I was pretty slow. Than again it was a free trial day
It's perfect if you've the internet connection and set-up to enjoy it, yes.

PS - Teemu Selanne signed for another year with the Ducks today. 43 years young.
Advertisement
31-08-2013, 22:04   #55
cena

[quote="MrJoeSoap;86307956"]It's perfect if you've the internet connection and set-up to enjoy it, yes.

PS - Teemu Selanne signed for another year with the Ducks today. 43 years young.[/quote

I'm so happyhe is staying. Only thing is I'll not get to see him play if this is his last season
31-08-2013, 22:06   #56
MrJoeSoap

Quote:
I'm so happyhe is staying. Only thing is I'll not get to see him play if this is his last season
When I met him in Stockholm in 2011 I thought it was going to be his last season, so who knows.
01-09-2013, 16:20   #57
Masked Man

Quote:
It's perfect if you've the internet connection and set-up to enjoy it, yes.

PS - Teemu Selanne signed for another year with the Ducks today. 43 years young.
(2) thanks from:
05-09-2013, 16:17   #58
tolosenc

Quote:
One pretty big thing to take into account is where you are.

I presume you're in Ireland, and as such won't have an issue, but it's a pain in the hoop when you live in the blackout area of your team. No Canucks games when I was living in Vancouver, for example. Definitely not home ones, and I think there was some limitation on road games.
05-09-2013, 16:28   #59
MrJoeSoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolosenc View Post
One pretty big thing to take into account is where you are.

I presume you're in Ireland, and as such won't have an issue, but it's a pain in the hoop when you live in the blackout area of your team. No Canucks games when I was living in Vancouver, for example. Definitely not home ones, and I think there was some limitation on road games.
The live TV games are blacked out for 48hrs here too.
06-09-2013, 23:16   #60
cena

Quote:
The live TV games are blacked out for 48hrs here too.
Do they do this in the states as well?

Well there be any 24/7 series on again this season.

Any one thinking of going to an outdoor game this season like the ones in yankee stadium

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion