Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Room

• 04-04-2014 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi. I booked a hotel in Rathmines- Uppercross House Hotel for tomorrow night. It cost €77 and includes breakfast. I can't make it now so if its of use to anyone please let me know. Hotel are going to charge me regardless. Of course any donation would be appreciated ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

AppleD wrote: »
    Hi. I booked a hotel in Rathmines- Uppercross House Hotel for tomorrow night. It cost €77 and includes breakfast. I can't make it now so if its of use to anyone please let me know. Hotel are going to charge me regardless. Of course any donation would be appreciated ;)

Anyone snapped this up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AppleD

Nope..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

are you sure they wont refund you?
    Most hotels will, I'd try again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Last time I offered something similar, I was accused of running a kidney theft scam :) - Bargain alerts really worked for me that time, Renal failure cure for €99

No they said if it was less that 48 hours they won't... So annoying!

• Advertisement

No they said if it was less that 48 hours they won't... So annoying!

I would try again. I think under European law you have the right to cancel, especially if you paid online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I would try again. I think under European law you have the right to cancel, especially if you paid online

"With holiday, travel, accommodation, and leisure entertainment reservations, the seller does not have to refund you if you cancel your order."

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/shopping-abroad/returning-unwanted-goods/index_en.htm

You can try changing the date then cancelling 48hrs before that :)

Hotels response "unfortunately the dates are not transferable that’s why there is a cancellation policy on hotel bookings."
    I'd like to see it used at least..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

Here's a tip I got off someone in the industry. Move the booking date to another night a few weeks away. Ring towards the end of next week and cancel the booking. You'll skip the 48 hours notice.

( And bow)

Thanks TechFreak but that said its non transferrable... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

TechFreak wrote: »
    Here's a tip I got off someone in the industry. Move the booking date to another night a few weeks away. Ring towards the end of next week and cancel the booking. You'll skip the 48 hours notice.

( And bow)

Yep i've done this a few times, just change it to after the easter hols and cancel in bout a week

Unfortunately this guys are refusing to be sound. I asked to change date- this is the response
    "The reason hotels have a cancellation policy is that when a room is held for a booking and it is cancelled at the last minute we generally have little chance of re-selling it and therefore suffer a lost in revenue. That’s why hotels operate with a cancellation policy. Some hotels don’t even offer a free cancellation policy and will still charge you even if you cancel a month in advance."

Unfortunately this guys are refusing to be sound. I asked to change date- this is the response
    "The reason hotels have a cancellation policy is that when a room is held for a booking and it is cancelled at the last minute we generally have little chance of re-selling it and therefore suffer a lost in revenue. That’s why hotels operate with a cancellation policy. Some hotels don’t even offer a free cancellation policy and will still charge you even if you cancel a month in advance."

ask him to show you this policy and ask if they are a member of any hotel federation\association. It just doesnt sound proper to me

and ask for the manager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

instead of cancelling, ask can you reschedule for a week or 2 ahead. if they do..cancel it in a day or 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

There was a booking made online (double) 2 hours ago, according to booking.com. - edit: they have NO single rooms left.

ask him to show you this policy and ask if they are a member of any hotel federation\association. It just doesnt sound proper to me

and ask for the manager

Thanks for your help- I asked again to change date and they have said this-

"I can offer you a different date but it will be at our current available rate" Do you think I should book a different date and then apply a cancellation well in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

be careful, make sure there is free cancellation on the later date booking

be careful, make sure there is free cancellation on the later date booking

Thanks Johnny- also thinking if I book a later date then cancel my credit card, get it replaced they won't be able to charge.. Sound ba I know but they could easily resell room and they won't! Hotel is actually full for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Not a BA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement