Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah i'm the shopper/cooker too mostly.. Bar canteen food if i avail of it but that's a whole other story.

anewme wrote: »
    Our Chipper is open. I cant go down, because they know me now, so I get enough for about 3 people. And I eat it all.

Tonight had melting middle fish cake with salmon and spinich, peas, tender stem brocolli and the nicest thing ever, steamed baby potatoes. For some reason, I'm craving and loving the home made dinners with fresh veg, just butter and lemon. I found a Sistema microwave thing in the press, it's fantastic for cooking veg/potatoes in Microwave.

Good day at work....nicely busy. But shut down at 18.30 for the day. Makes a huge difference.

Meh! I had a tayto sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

zorro2566 wrote: »

Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

evening whereas, how are we doing?:)

im couchside watching tv

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Yeah i'm the shopper/cooker too mostly.. Bar canteen food if i avail of it but that's a whole other story.

My outlet used to be eating out in nice hotels/restaurants or a decent takeway while on the road with work. My short stay in London was nearly the same with some great Asian stuff from a flat mate. Loved cooking at home when it was this way, but this is my longest stint of continuous cooking at home. Day after feckin day.

"What would you like for dinner?"

"Dunno."

Do these women not realise that I sometimes just want a beer, Disney+ and a massive takeaway. Followed the next morning by a nice traditional breakie or a light continental version, in bed or while I watch the telly.:D

• Advertisement

zorro2566 wrote: »

Sick of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Catching up on the latest episode of Better Call Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Sick of them!

Sick of white bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sick of white bread!

The white bread has started taking its revenge on me!

Haven't heard from Guy....how's your Mum Guy?

• Advertisement

Sick of white bread!

Not a big white bread eater anymore. 1980s school lunches put me off it as a staple. A bit of brown bread like McCambridges's is nice or one I bake myself using the Odlum's mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ye won't believe me but I'm here colouring!
    I have an adult colouring book and pencils and I said it might be a big relaxing and pass an hour so here I am :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I have an adult colouring book and pencils and I said it might be a big relaxing and pass an hour so here I am :)

Did some of that myself today, it's very relaxing!

I also did some CPD, a bit of reading, crocheting, I got a load of washing done and I went for a walk.

Back on topic, kitchen side waiting to have food. One of my housemates is cooking first.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

They are a great idea!.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Back from my walk and it's rather chilly out there, lovely full moon tonight :)

My favourite man always makes me smile :) it's tough not seeing him due to this corona thing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and fancy bistro tayto's
    Autosport wrote: »
    My favourite man always makes me smile :)

Do you mean me or brother tedo now though?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Deskside with a cupan tae and fancy bistro tayto's

Do you mean me or brother now though?

:pac:

I'm afraid it's not you Seph :P

It's CH :)

Now couchside chatting with him :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sardonicat wrote: »

We have it because the kids like it, but it just tastes like a whole load of nothing to me!

Granddeod - you asked me on the other thread about travel history etc. I'm boring as feck tbh. Live in Manchester, have been back to Ireland once this year (mid February). Commute on public transport to work, or did until March 16th. I got ill on the 19th/20th.

I'm couchside, laptop out, trying to get my 4 year old new shoes because he's had a growth spurt and I haven't the energy to brave the giant Asda at Hulme to go and buy some in person. It's a total crapshoot whether he's size 11 or 12 though...

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I bake myself using the Odlum's mix.
    I find those very handy to have behind the door if someone breaks in. A whack across the head with one of those Odlums mix loaves and they wont be robbing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

If he's not size 12 he will be real soon ;)

• Advertisement

We have it because the kids like it, but it just tastes like a whole load of nothing to me!

Granddeod - you asked me on the other thread about travel history etc. I'm boring as feck tbh. Live in Manchester, have been back to Ireland once this year (mid February). Commute on public transport to work, or did until March 16th. I got ill on the 19th/20th.

I'm couchside, laptop out, trying to get my 4 year old new shoes because he's had a growth spurt and I haven't the energy to brave the giant Asda at Hulme to go and buy some in person. It's a total crapshoot whether he's size 11 or 12 though...

Cheers Rainbow. I was working in London and took a huge risk coming home to my wife and daughter last month, but my wife was prepared for the risk as she was frightened by all the stuff going on. I took a gamble and after 14 days had no symptoms so as I've been saying, if I catch it, I'll catch it here in Ireland. Funny you should mention kids shoes, me and Mrs G were only talking about if our daughter was in a change shoe every couple of months mode and how getting her fitted and shoed up would be a bloody nightmare.

Stay safe and best of luck.

Oh I have lots of them!
    Very therapeutic

Had a lovely steak, chips & fried onions for dinner, with a lovely bottle of red wine.
    Bed for me now!
    I have a list for 2moro........ I should be doing things!

Just had the leftover Thai red chicken curry spilled onto some Airfryer chips. Gorgeous and hot. Winding down with a Lucozade zero and a Double Decker watching The Fast Lady from 1962. Made before my birth, but a classic all the same. Nighty night folks!

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm afraid it's not you Seph :P

It's CH :)

Now couchside chatting with him :)

This whole lockdown thing is making us all very very bored. And we have to find entertainment wherever we can. Even if our 'normal' selves would never dream of doing something, we might now find ourselves behaving in that very way out of sheer desperation brought on by this awful virus.

So what I'm trying to say is..

Did you and crowded house meet here on boards or does your relationship predate boards? And I know that's incredibly nosey but it's this lockdown! It has me itching for some gossip. Naturally I'm not usually so nosey!!! Nope. Not me. And also naturally you don't have to answer that!

Just had some spuds :) Uh oh now sleepy :eek:

Sardonicat wrote: »

Have you been to the etiquette thread yet? :pac:

Couchside about to go for a shower after doing bits and bobs all day.

Lonely day today, I'd love a catch up with people and a hug.

There are some people that like my hugs, i think i may get a little bruised when huggy-wuggy ban is over

• Registered Users Posts: 12,982 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Have you been to the etiquette thread yet? :pac:

Couchside about to go for a shower after doing bits and bobs all day.

Lonely day today, I'd love a catch up with people and a hug.

Do not go into the etiquette thread.
    It lacks a lot of etiquette!

To thine own self be true

There are some people that like my hugs, i think i may get a little bruised when huggy-wuggy ban is over

Unforunately I think it'll be a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

. It's a total crapshoot whether he's size 11 or 12 though...

You can buy a clarks foot gauge measuring thingy. They are cheap enough around 12 quid.

I bought one for mine as I'm not an "everyday is an adventure" parent and the idea of dragging them shopping does not appeal.

Now I just take measurement, pop into the online calculator and shop online. Limited stress :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement