Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone else's ignore list filling up fast?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Been here years on and off and only put one person on ignore ever. It was just recently too. He posted nothing but woman hating trash, and how people can't move for false rape allegations from women (while never giving examples of course). Gone now though. I suspect it's because people were starting to ignore his attention seeking too, so there you have it.

Usually I don't see the point because it breaks the flow, you see them being quoted etc, but if a person isn't actually contributing and just out to antagonise, it makes perfect sense. Not pathetic at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

eldudebros wrote: »
    Meh. Just sounds petty really.

If you were to block and ignore everyone who made a silly comment or differing opinion, you'd live in an echo chamber.

That would just be boring.
    But of course it's highly unlikely that someone would put someone on ignore because of a silly comment or differing opinion.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    But of course it's highly unlikely that someone would put someone on ignore because of a silly comment or differing opinion.

And the thread would look stupid. :D Curiosity is usually enough to get me to unblock people... which is why I try so hard not to do it. We can look to other people quoting the posts but if you've blocked many people, you're likely to be seeing very little of the actual thread.

Advertisement