Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-02-2020, 22:33   #1291
Casey78

The outpouring of grief when a celebrity dies.
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 00:40   #1292
Rothko

Quote:
Originally Posted by the purple tin View Post
And albums that only radio dj's seem to like. Do they teach this in dj college or something. Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys for instance, every dj ever gushes about what a masterpiece it is, pure genius etc.
Everyone in the real world just thinks it's a pile of meh.
Speak for yourself
17-02-2020, 00:56   #1293
ILoveYourVibes

snobbery
17-02-2020, 08:28   #1294
whisky_galore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millicently View Post
Maybe one day you'll be in a serious relationship with someone and you'll discover for yourself that you'd rather be with them than in the pub with some guys.
Jaysus it's like it's impossible to do both.
You sound like great craic.
17-02-2020, 09:38   #1295
Widdershins

Would it be fair to say rather than life going out the window you make some adjustments to keep the old aspects while enjoying the new aspects that come with a new baby?
And buy a baby wrap.
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 09:58   #1296
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmetSpiceland View Post
. Starting on the Friday night and only stopping on the Sunday evening. Nothing beats it.

No better way on this earth to spend a weekend! Have one coming up in a few weeks and my mouth is watering already thinking about it!! from around 5:30 on Friday until Sunday evening sleeping is about the only time there won’t be a pint in hand (well cans sometimes instead of a pint as there will be cans beside the bed for having a cure first thing on sat/Sunday morning before heading down for the hotel brekkie ).

Last edited by nox001; 17-02-2020 at 10:17.
(2) thanks from:
17-02-2020, 10:22   #1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky_galore View Post
Jaysus it's like it's impossible to do both.
You sound like great craic.
It's impossible to sustain a great relationship if you are an immature person who'd rather spend their time in the pub getting wasted with a bunch of other immature people who want to live their lives like teenagers, not that I'm saying that applies to you. Life means getting older, that means people mature and want to spend less time in the pub. When someone finds a partner they love and they settle down, maybe have some kids, then they want to spend their time with their loved ones not on a bar stool talking crap with 'the lads having pints'. Your argument of basically if someone doesn't agree with you must be boring is quite telling.
17-02-2020, 10:26   #1298
nox001

Quote:
It's impossible to sustain a great relationship if you are an immature person who'd rather spend their time in the pub getting wasted with a bunch of other immature people who want to live their lives like teenagers, not that I'm saying that applies to you. Life means getting older, that means people mature and want to spend less time in the pub. When someone finds a partner they love and they settle down, maybe have some kids, then they want to spend their time with their loved ones not on a bar stool talking crap with 'the lads having pints'. Your argument of basically if someone doesn't agree with you must be boring is quite telling.
There is plenty of time in the week for people to spend with their partner/kids etc that still allows going for pints once or twice a week and an odd weekend away with the lads. It's an unhealthy relationship that isolates people from their friends imo.

You know that women like to go out and meet their friends also for nights out too? It's not just a lads thing.
Thanks from:
17-02-2020, 10:27   #1299
JohnnyFlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox001 View Post
No better way on this earth to spend a weekend! Have one coming up in a few weeks and my mouth is watering already thinking about it!! from around 5:30 on Friday until Sunday evening sleeping is about the only time there won’t be a pint in hand (well cans sometimes instead of a pint as there will be cans beside the bed for having a cure first thing on sat/Sunday morning before heading down for the hotel brekkie ).

Good man, Nox. Keep her lit. Do you get hangovers at all? I went on a session that started on Thursday afternoon and finished up early Sunday morning. Drank at least half a barrel of porter if I drank a drop. Feeling a bit emotionally vulnerable today if I’m being honest.
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 10:31   #1300
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
Good man, Nox. Keep her lit. Do you get hangovers at all? I went on a session that started on Thursday afternoon and finished up early Sunday morning. Drank at least half a barrel of porter if I drank a drop. Feeling a bit emotionally vulnerable today if I’m being honest.
Ah yeah if I drink enough I'd be feeling it alright but I'd just get on with the day. Very heavy weekends like the above the morning cure is a god send, can or two and then you are fit for the biggest breakfast a man could eat. Back on the sauce then for the day after! Bliss!
17-02-2020, 15:01   #1301

Quote:
There is plenty of time in the week for people to spend with their partner/kids etc that still allows going for pints once or twice a week and an odd weekend away with the lads. It's an unhealthy relationship that isolates people from their friends imo.

You know that women like to go out and meet their friends also for nights out too? It's not just a lads thing.
You clearly haven't got a clue about long term relationships. You equate someone who wants to spend their free time with their partner and kids as being 'isolated and in an unhealthy relationship, it genuinely seems beyond your comprehension that people grow up and grow out of the binge drinking crap. Normal people don't leave their partner/kids for a weekend to go on the piss with the lads/lasses. You are seriously missing the point that your friends who don't want to do that anymore possibly think you're a bit of a tosser and they'd like you to just stop nagging them to go out drinking with you.
17-02-2020, 15:13   #1302
Casey78

Nowt wrong with the odd drink bender, we all need a blow out now and again. I love it myself.
But the lads with families who do it every weekend and basically spend the majority of the weekend in a pub or in bed hungover are sub human arseholes imo.
But of course each to their own and all that, some lads will just never grow up, it's their kids I feel sorry for,for having a waster for a father.
I know of one fella who does it regular, he has a great wife at home who is basically left to mind the kids all weekend,she makes excuses for him and tries to laugh it off but you can tell its hurting her.
17-02-2020, 15:56   #1303
nox001

Quote:
You clearly haven't got a clue about long term relationships. You equate someone who wants to spend their free time with their partner and kids as being 'isolated and in an unhealthy relationship, it genuinely seems beyond your comprehension that people grow up and grow out of the binge drinking crap. Normal people don't leave their partner/kids for a weekend to go on the piss with the lads/lasses. You are seriously missing the point that your friends who don't want to do that anymore possibly think you're a bit of a tosser and they'd like you to just stop nagging them to go out drinking with you.
Well since I'm happily married for a number of years (and with my wife for close to a decade) I think I have a very large "clue" about long term relationships.

Are you seriously saying normal people don't leave their partner/kids for a weekend away with the lads/girls every now and then (the people with kids are often the ones most itching to get away for a weekend to have a break from the kids)? This is a totally normal thing among people I know, people I work with etc etc. I don't personally have any friends who don't want to go out drinking anymore be they married, have kids or whatever. Might not be quite as often as before but its still quite regular for most.
17-02-2020, 15:57   #1304
Ash.J.Williams

people calling stuff people say as a "take" feck off
Thanks from:
17-02-2020, 16:20   #1305

Quote:
Well since I'm happily married for a number of years (and with my wife for close to a decade) I think I have a very large "clue" about long term relationships.

Are you seriously saying normal people don't leave their partner/kids for a weekend away with the lads/girls every now and then (the people with kids are often the ones most itching to get away for a weekend to have a break from the kids)? This is a totally normal thing among people I know, people I work with etc etc. I don't personally have any friends who don't want to go out drinking anymore be they married, have kids or whatever. Might not be quite as often as before but its still quite regular for most.
Yeah, of course you do.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion