Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Change to contact lenses

• 12-02-2020 7:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

So I've been thinking of trying contact lenses. I have had an appointment for the trial fitting and I just couldn't put the contact in, touching the eye and then no matter how much I held open my eye, as soon as I went near my eye, I just blinked.

Is this a problem alot of new people have? The girls were nice at the opticians, saying some people come in for two or three teaching sessions as they call them before they can get the hang of it.

So I left the teaching session as I was getting sore from trying. I have a second session booked, but I need to practice holding my eye open and touching my eye and getting used to that whole feeling.

But seriously, is this something alot people struggle with at the beginning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Yes - give it time. You don't touch the eye, the lens touches the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

So I've been thinking of trying contact lenses. I have had an appointment for the trial fitting and I just couldn't put the contact in, touching the eye and then no matter how much I held open my eye, as soon as I went near my eye, I just blinked.

Is this a problem alot of new people have? The girls were nice at the opticians, saying some people come in for two or three teaching sessions as they call them before they can get the hang of it.

So I left the teaching session as I was getting sore from trying. I have a second session booked, but I need to practice holding my eye open and touching my eye and getting used to that whole feeling.

But seriously, is this something alot people struggle with at the beginning?

This is almost word for word what my first session was like. The optician actually got fed up with me and asked me to leave. Don't worry, it does eventually get easier. 15 years on and I'm wearing lenses full time, not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Chiorino wrote:
    This is almost word for word what my first session was like. The optician actually got fed up with me and asked me to leave. Don't worry, it does eventually get easier. 15 years on and I'm wearing lenses full time, not a problem.

Out of curiosity what type lenss are you using.. Are they dailies or those longer term ones and how long do you usually leave them in for a day? Just curious to hear from a long time user

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Chiorino wrote: »

Thanks for this. I've been practicing opening my eyes and pretending I have a contact on my finger. I think I'm kind of ok with it now. Obviously, I'll see with my next teaching session.

Advertisement