Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-02-2020, 10:10   #451
BKWDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKWDR View Post
Thanks lads, I've set developer mode a s allowed access to unknown sources but still when I go to install the app I get the following
Got it working thanks. Already had a version installed that wasn't compatible. Uninstall and followed instructions.

Surprised at how smooth the likes of Netflix works with it! Seamless
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 12:23   #452
SBS

Lads, a word of caution. If a VPN is important to you, you need to spend a bit of money. Ask yourself how a business can provide you a lifetime of a service that requires powerful servers running in expensive data ceners connected to a fat data pipe in multiple locations throughout the world, with technical expertise, customer service and legal expertise for a one-off payment of €14. It simply isn't remotely possible. They will close, or open a new service and mothball the old, or provide you with a service that is not what was promised, or sell your data, or more likely a combination of the above. It's simple economics - you cannot provide a longterm quality VPN service for €14. if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Thanks from:
15-02-2020, 12:32   #453
normanbond

Any VPN alternative suggestions/recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBS View Post
Lads, a word of caution. If a VPN is important to you, you need to spend a bit of money. Ask yourself how a business can provide you a lifetime of a service that requires powerful servers running in expensive data ceners connected to a fat data pipe in multiple locations throughout the world, with technical expertise, customer service and legal expertise for a one-off payment of €14. It simply isn't remotely possible. They will close, or open a new service and mothball the old, or provide you with a service that is not what was promised, or sell your data, or more likely a combination of the above. It's simple economics - you cannot provide a longterm quality VPN service for €14. if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
15-02-2020, 12:40   #454
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanbond View Post
Any VPN alternative suggestions/recommendations?

Mullvad or Surfshark.
Probably Mullvad overall, but it is more expensive.
Surfshark are on topcashback too (I only joined TCB for their previous offer), painless sign up.
Thanks from:
15-02-2020, 13:51   #455
BKWDR

Quote:
I only really got it to geo unlock content and it works a treat.
I don't need it running 24hrs on my phone etc
I have a gmail account and use the Google suite. I'm happy knowing Google have my data and that I'm the product
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 14:00   #456
Discodog

Quote:
I have been using it for months now with no problems.
15-02-2020, 14:04   #457
Discodog

Quote:
Mine has been working well for months.
Thanks from:
15-02-2020, 14:50   #458
coldfire1x

Quote:
If you have paid €14 and used it for few months you have already got your return. Anything after that is a bonus.

I have a lifetime KeepSolid account since April 2018, coming to 2 years, still working away. I paid $18 at that time, so definitely got my money worth.

Just to be clear, I only use it for streaming from certain services.

I have surfshark too, good VPN as well.

Last edited by coldfire1x; 15-02-2020 at 14:56.
15-02-2020, 19:33   #459
joujoujou

Quote:
[...] Ask yourself how a business can provide you a lifetime of a service that requires powerful servers running in expensive data ceners connected to a fat data pipe in multiple locations throughout the world, with technical expertise, customer service and legal expertise for a one-off payment of €14. [...]
Don't forget 14 quid was a special offer. Full price for the service is 60 bucks a year.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 19:36   #460
BKWDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by joujoujou View Post
Don't forget 14 quid was a special offer. Full price for the service is 60 bucks a year.
Which incidentally is the price of mullvad
15-02-2020, 21:26   #461
TheDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfire1x View Post
If you have paid €14 and used it for few months you have already got your return. Anything after that is a bonus.

I have a lifetime KeepSolid account since April 2018, coming to 2 years, still working away. I paid $18 at that time, so definitely got my money worth.

Just to be clear, I only use it for streaming from certain services.

I have surfshark too, good VPN as well.
Same here, got the deal at the time. Only use it for sane purposes. It had problems in first few months but like a good wine, it's gotten better with age.
18-02-2020, 17:28   #462
el_gaucho

I’ve signed up to SurfShark. I’ve only been using it for six weeks or so but so far so good.
25-02-2020, 12:15   #463
rurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gaucho View Post
I’ve signed up to SurfShark. I’ve only been using it for six weeks or so but so far so good.
I went with Surfshark too, seems good value at €44 for 2 years. It was working perfectly initially, but not anymore.

@el_gaucho, would you mind if I PMed you for a bit of advice?
26-02-2020, 07:00   #464
el_gaucho

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurs View Post
I went with Surfshark too, seems good value at €44 for 2 years. It was working perfectly initially, but not anymore.

@el_gaucho, would you mind if I PMed you for a bit of advice?
Go ahead. I haven’t been using it long myself though.
Thanks from:
04-03-2020, 17:27   #465
Discodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joujoujou View Post
Lifetime is currently €35

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-un...e-subscription

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion