Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-02-2020, 00:35   #1381
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
My car broke down and I had to change plans unfortunately
cheers. you could always just send a text for the minimum minutes to test it out even if you're at home!
Advertisement
24-02-2020, 14:08   #1382
mrcheez

Looks like DisneyLife (currently €6.99 per month by credit) will be getting re-branded to Disney+, so I don't see them doing away with the pay by credit when it's launched.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/disneyli...134202447.html

I might sign up for the free week before the launch, and then cancel if it doesn't work before the first charge hits.
24-02-2020, 14:17   #1383
mrcheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheez View Post
I checked out the YouTube Premium subscription during the week, but the only option presented to me was pay by credit card, whereas Google Music had no problems defaulting to 3 credit (once the trial month is over) for 9.99.

Is the option for YouTube Premium at 11.99 no longer available for pay by credit?

The only way I could find the subscription option was to go in via the YouTube app, rather than via Play Store?
Quote:
Originally Posted by editorsean View Post
Try the YouTube Music app to see if it gives the option. I think that's the App I originally signed up to YouTube Premium from my 3 credit.
I tested this again using the YouTube Music app, went to the payment section and under "Select payment method" I only see...

- Add credit or debit card
- Add PayPal

So I assume we can remove YouTube Premium from the list of services new members can pay for with credit.
24-02-2020, 19:19   #1384
Boler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheez View Post
I tested this again using the YouTube Music app, went to the payment section and under "Select payment method" I only see...

- Add credit or debit card
- Add PayPal

So I assume we can remove YouTube Premium from the list of services new members can pay for with credit.
3 pay option is available for me again, just updated my payment method through the YouTube app.
24-02-2020, 20:48   #1385
mrcheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boler View Post
3 pay option is available for me again, just updated my payment method through the YouTube app.
I think key word there is "again"

Perhaps if you had it before it's still permitted to renew that way.

NADA for me, but to be honest it's no biggie as my main attraction to it is the music which I have access to via Google Music which I can pay for with credit.

Also I'm interested in the Disney+ now too.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-02-2020, 21:32   #1386
gingernut79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Nitwit View Post
Disney+ launches 24th March, I assume Disney Life will be no more then. Fingers crossed the new one can be paid for from credit, it's €7 a month
I tried a bunch of times to sign up with credit just now, and I thought I had managed it but its like it doesn't recognise it at all, and was still looking for CC details before I could get to the content.
Thanks from:
26-02-2020, 22:09   #1387
marcbrophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingernut79 View Post
I tried a bunch of times to sign up with credit just now, and I thought I had managed it but its like it doesn't recognise it at all, and was still looking for CC details before I could get to the content.
Is there an app available?
27-02-2020, 10:35   #1388
mrcheez

Quote:
I opened the Disney Life app there.

Logged in, it said I wasn't subscribed and I clicked the "Re-subscribe" button (odd it says Re-subscribe as I had never subscribed previously)

The "Google Play" overlay appears with "G Pay: 3" as an option, so it still seems to be available for me.

It's odd why some people can get access to paying via credit where others don't (for example I can't pay for YouTube Premium like this)

Note: I used the same email for the Disney Life account as my email with the Google Pay account, so check this is the case
Thanks from:
27-02-2020, 11:17   #1389
carbsy

Which VPN apps support carrier billing these days lads? Have €10 left credit but PIA seems to be more than that now for a month... Cheers!
Advertisement
27-02-2020, 12:20   #1390
Sonic_exyouth

Quote:
Having similar problems, I'm assuming it's that they are taking no new members till the new service launches .. maybe?
27-02-2020, 19:15   #1391
mrcheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_exyouth View Post
Having similar problems, I'm assuming it's that they are taking no new members till the new service launches .. maybe?
So you can't actually create an account on the Disney Life app?
27-02-2020, 22:44   #1392
Booters

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsy
Which VPN apps support carrier billing these days lads? Have €10 left credit but PIA seems to be more than that now for a month... Cheers!
I still only pay 7.52
Thanks from:
28-02-2020, 10:33   #1393
carbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booters View Post
I still only pay 7.52
Hmmm I'll have to try it again then! Thx

Edit.. just tried and it's asking for €10.99 p/m hmmmm

Last edited by carbsy; 28-02-2020 at 10:39.
28-02-2020, 10:51   #1394
baron von something

I cancelled disney life last month and just re subscribed there with 3 pay. It charged me 6.99, up 50c. But then when I tried to log in it says my disney life account is not active that I need to resubscribe, but then wont let me. Gits still charged me though.

Do I contact Google or Disney for a refund?
28-02-2020, 11:48   #1395
mrcheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron von something View Post
I cancelled disney life last month and just re subscribed there with 3 pay. It charged me 6.99, up 50c. But then when I tried to log in it says my disney life account is not active that I need to resubscribe, but then wont let me. Gits still charged me though.

Do I contact Google or Disney for a refund?
Try Google first. You can contact them via chat.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion