Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/story/2242811/emmanuel-adebayor-in-contention-for-tottenham-return-against-burnley-in-fa-cup?

"Asked if Adebayor, reportedly attracting interest from Qatar, the United States and Italian side Parma, is fit to play against Burnley, Pochettino said: "Maybe yes. Maybe."

He may well play tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

In that first section of the interview he comes across as a moron. Maybe some of it can be excused as 'lost in translation', though the overall theme is one of stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

i dont even have him on the bench in FIFA 15!!!!!

;);););););););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i dont even have him on the bench in FIFA 15!!!!!

;);););););););)

me either. his stats are better than kane but i just cant play him :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I shipped him off to Liverpool for 10m in my first season. Best sale ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

€20 says he scores against us in his debut...

If Sunderland get Defoe signed up, I wonder will he face us on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Any sign of us buying anyone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hammar wrote: »
    Any sign of us buying anyone?

No-one/everyone - depending on how much you want to buy into rumours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I've heard us linked with Winston Reid a few times this week. Possibly on a free in the summer.

Would be an excellent signing.

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone of note to be honest. We've a huge squad, so unless we ship off some of them, we'll be largely the same till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Poch has said that he didn't need to sign Defoe because he already has three great strikers at the club,have we signed a couple of new lads unnoticed to me or what??

tippspur wrote: »
    Poch has said that he didn't need to sign Defoe because he already has three great strikers at the club,have we signed a couple of new lads unnoticed to me or what??

Would be a huge step backward to sign him again tbh, he's just backing his squad, as you expect any manager to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I hope we don't sign anyone to be honest.

We have lots of players that need to be given a fair crack at it. For too long we have stock piled 'the next big thing' without even investing the playing time in them.

This season is still a write off despite our recent form so we might as well give them a proper go at it.

I'm still happy with no buys and happy with 5th or 6th this season as long as the manager is given time and backed in summer. I'd like to see us lose a few though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Would be a huge step backward to sign him again tbh, he's just backing his squad, as you expect any manager to do.
    Three great strikers though? one great striker more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

One in form striker. Let's not forget how young Kane is. He may have a dip in form or an injury which could make things difficult for him.

What? You expect the manager to blurt out to the press that we have only one decent striker? Politics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I hope we don't sign anyone to be honest.

We have lots of players that need to be given a fair crack at it. For too long we have stock piled 'the next big thing' without even investing the playing time in them.

This season is still a write off despite our recent form so we might as well give them a proper go at it.

Hardly a write off . We have a great chance of at least one cup and still in with a shout of top 4

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    Hardly a write off . We have a great chance of at least one cup and still in with a shout of top 4

Yeh but if we call it a write off we might win something!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

irishmover wrote: »
    Yeh but if we call it a write off we might win something!

The good old reverse jinx! 63% of the time, it works every time ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

Mirallas is a class act. Everton's best player in my view. We would be lucky to get him

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

if he only has 18mths left on his contract then it's not entirely out of the question I suppose

Konoplyanka is out of contract in 6 months apparently and rumours are £7m bid to get him now is being placed. Probably join Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

irishmover wrote: »
    Konoplyanka is out of contract in 6 months apparently and rumours are £7m bid to get him now is being placed. Probably join Liverpool.

Id prefer Mirrallas, knows the Premier league already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭golfball37

slegs wrote: »
    Id prefer Mirrallas, knows the Premier league already

Steven Pienaar looked a good player at Everton too, before joining us.

Unless we get Miralles for a song I wouldn't touch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

golfball37 wrote: »
    Steven Pienaar looked a good player at Everton too, before joining us.

Unless we get Miralles for a song I wouldn't touch him.

Cos they both play for Everton? I don't get your logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Surely another window cant pass and we don't get in a goalscorer? Benteke could be an option. Not going well now admittedly but we know hes capable and young, recovered from a pretty serious injury. Hes just in a terrible side that gives him little or no service. Kane plays better off the front man. He drops too deep to lead the line. Not a problem, hes doing perfectly well at what hes doing. But we need more than relying on Kane and Eriksen to score. If either, or God forbid both, get injured I don't even want to think about how toothless we would be.

Advertisement