Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
03-01-2015, 18:06   #16
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch99 View Post
hhhmm maybe.. we'll see what the manager decides, I have a feeling he'll keep him... could be wrong.
Andros has great feet , he can control a ball out of the air better than most

However he is , how do I say this , "stupid"

He was taken off against Chelsea because he would have kept trying fancy tricks , losing the ball and put our defenders under pressure. I don't think he understands that to win a game is more important than wowing the crowd with a fancy back heel

I'd sell for 10 mill in a heartbeat but would keep him if the offers are around 5
mickman is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-01-2015, 18:17   #17
Hatch99
Hosted Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickman View Post
Andros has great feet , he can control a ball out of the air better than most

However he is , how do I say this , "stupid"

He was taken off against Chelsea because he would have kept trying fancy tricks , losing the ball and put our defenders under pressure. I don't think he understands that to win a game is more important than wowing the crowd with a fancy back heel

I'd sell for 10 mill in a heartbeat but would keep him if the offers are around 5
harsh 99% of footballers are stupid
Hatch99 is offline  
03-01-2015, 18:26   #18
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch99 View Post
harsh 99% of footballers are stupid
Ha ha. Compare his decision making to Kane and there is some difference
mickman is offline  
Thanks from:
03-01-2015, 19:29   #19
Hatch99
Hosted Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,386
crazy turks

http://www.turkish-football.com/fene...arget-emenike/?
Hatch99 is offline  
03-01-2015, 21:44   #20
coolerboy
Registered User
 
coolerboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch99 View Post
Haha The Beast!!!☺
coolerboy is offline  
Advertisement
06-01-2015, 22:22   #21
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,043
Talk of Defoe looking to return
http://tottenhamlive.com/threads/def...ne-return.301/
mass_debater is offline  
07-01-2015, 07:39   #22
Sugarlumps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,509
I'd take Defoe back as a stop gap for the remainder of the season. Highly unlikely to happen of course. Effectively we have one striker. I don't think many club who have aspirations of a top four finish would be so bold to do so.
Sugarlumps is offline  
07-01-2015, 08:07   #23
Sugarlumps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,509
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...o-west-4928812

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...target-4929031
Sugarlumps is offline  
07-01-2015, 08:30   #24
mushykeogh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by mass_debater View Post
A massive step backwards if we took him back.
mushykeogh is offline  
Advertisement
07-01-2015, 08:54   #25
Devo from Dublin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 609
A couple of things that we should all know about these transfer windows...

Swap deals NEVER happen!!!!!

80%ish of all transfers are done in the last few days of January!!!

The next few weeks will be full of paper fillers.


Me personally, i wouldnt mind ...

1. Ings, Austin, Shane Long.

2. Delph,

cant think of anyone else..


not all them, any of them....
I dont see us getting a Shaqiri or Knopoylanka although i would love him over the lot!!!
Devo from Dublin is offline  
Thanks from:
07-01-2015, 11:13   #26
DubPerryman
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,282
I'm not mad about Berahino. Yes he scores a few goals, though he has a bad rep off the pitch. He was done for drink driving yesterday and I've heard his name linked to other off-pitch antics.

Plus £20m?! Nuts! He's scored 13 league goals in over 50 games for WBA.
DubPerryman is offline  
07-01-2015, 11:18   #27
Left Back on the Bench
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 603
If berahino has poor time keeping and a bad attitude then poch won't want him. Strikes me as a bit of a disciplinarian when it comes to things like that

these part exchanges almost never happen anyway.
Left Back on the Bench is offline  
07-01-2015, 11:46   #28
Sugarlumps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Back on the Bench View Post
If berahino has poor time keeping and a bad attitude then poch won't want him. Strikes me as a bit of a disciplinarian when it comes to things like that

these part exchanges almost never happen anyway.
Well, its just rumors. Something to talk about I guess. I'd say your spot on with Berahino. He's the same age as Kane, but a bad boy, where's Kane's in bed by 9:00.

Pullis isn't exactly Mary Poppins, so he'll have to tow the line. I've only seen him play a few times. He looks deceptively small, probably not in reality. He's stronger than I imagined.

If he has a good 2nd half to the season his value will shoot up, no doubt Liverpool will pay over the odds yet again.
Sugarlumps is offline  
07-01-2015, 12:18   #29
Ormus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarlumps View Post
I'd take Defoe back as a stop gap for the remainder of the season. Highly unlikely to happen of course. Effectively we have one striker. I don't think many club who have aspirations of a top four finish would be so bold to do so.
Why do you say we have only one striker? Do you mean one good striker? We sold Defoe because he can't play up front on his own. Nothing has changed there. Buying him just means we need to go 4-4-2.
Ormus is offline  
07-01-2015, 12:22   #30
Ormus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo from Dublin View Post
A couple of things that we should all know about these transfer windows...

Swap deals NEVER happen!!!!!

80%ish of all transfers are done in the last few days of January!!!

The next few weeks will be full of paper fillers.


Me personally, i wouldnt mind ...

1. Ings, Austin, Shane Long.

2. Delph,

cant think of anyone else..


not all them, any of them....
I dont see us getting a Shaqiri or Knopoylanka although i would love him over the lot!!!
Yeah I wouldn't mind Ings, Austin or Long.

Delph is about as good as the 6 midfielders we already have.

Shaqiri looks like a class act.

Konoplyanka would probably flop like almost every other Russian/Ukrainian who ever played in England. He looks great I admit, but they have an awful track record.
Ormus is offline  
Forum Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet