Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-09-2020, 15:11   #1
misstearheus

Aldi Heated Airers

Anyone know what the difference is in Aldi's Heated Airers? They have a €34 one, and a new one just in today for €39 as far as I know. They both seem very alike I don't know what the difference in the two is?
Advertisement
13-09-2020, 15:18   #2
Aristotle

Which €34 one are you referring to? All I see is the €39 one.

Also, just keep in mind this quote from HUKD.

"I have one. Unfortunately they don't circulate warm air as you'd hope. So you end up with lines across the clothing that have dried, and the rest (that hangs) is still damp and doesn't dry any quicker than a usual clothes horse."
Thanks from:
13-09-2020, 15:41   #3
misstearheus

In this Link here: - https://www.aldi.ie/search?text=Heat...ry=specialbuys, there's 6 Search Results, €34.99 and €39.33 are two.

I've just rang them and they've said €39.33 is the correct one, the €34.99 is just a re-upload of old one and that was an error. It does say it's in stock and all though! You would think Aldi of all places with their Ninja-Till-operating, would have a Water-tight-proof Stock-taking system in place! First day the thing comes into stock and there's problems already! He said he'll get their Web Team to remove the error one.

I wonder does that mean now that people are entitled to a Heated Dryer at the lower price if they don't actually have one at the lower price, until they take the error off their Website?!? Am sure they have an E&OE somewhere anyway though! I should still get it at the lower price
considering I brought it to their attention.
Thanks from:
14-09-2020, 08:26   #4
Atlas_IRL

I bought a heated clothes dryer from woodies before and they are not great. The heated part doesnt distribute well and it broke on the first use and i had to swap it. You can't put any weight like towels on it at all.

But a better strong plastic one that you can fit loads on.
14-09-2020, 08:50   #5
killbillvol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
Which €34 one are you referring to? All I see is the €39 one.

Also, just keep in mind this quote from HUKD.

"I have one. Unfortunately they don't circulate warm air as you'd hope. So you end up with lines across the clothing that have dried, and the rest (that hangs) is still damp and doesn't dry any quicker than a usual clothes horse."
I'd love to know how they expected heated bars to circulate warm air.
Advertisement
14-09-2020, 09:00   #6
Tusky

Has anyone found any other good gadgets for drying clothes? Always a challenge in winter in a small house.
14-09-2020, 09:15   #7
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusky View Post
Has anyone found any other good gadgets for drying clothes? Always a challenge in winter in a small house.
A mate of mine recently told me a large indoor fan facing a clothes horse can work.. but I'm dubious.
14-09-2020, 09:17   #8
blackbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusky View Post
Tumble drier.
(4) thanks from:
14-09-2020, 09:20   #9
Explosive_Cornflake

Send a message via ICQ to Explosive_Cornflake
dehumidifier is useful in a small house to dry clothes
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-09-2020, 09:21   #10
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
Tumble drier.
Tend to ruin clothes though..
14-09-2020, 09:22   #11
artanevilla

When I lived in an apartment I used a mix of one of these and a dehumidifier.

If I had to choose and use only one it would be the dehumidifier
Thanks from:
14-09-2020, 09:31   #12
D3V!L

We get great results with a dehumidifier as well. Its a cheap one from Lidl and with it the clothes dry a lot quicker with no condensation in the house.

Just don't do what my wife does and leave the window open to let some air in with the dehumidifier on
(2) thanks from:
14-09-2020, 09:34   #13
Irish_peppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3V!L View Post
We get great results with a dehumidifier as well. Its a cheap one from Lidl and with it the clothes dry a lot quicker with no condensation in the house.

Just don't do what my wife does and leave the window open to let some air in with the dehumidifier on
Are there any filters or chemicals you need to change regularly with a dehumidifier? Extra running costs apart of course from the electricity. Was thinking to set one up in the hot press on a timer
14-09-2020, 09:39   #14
D3V!L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_peppa View Post
Are there any filters or chemicals you need to change regularly with a dehumidifier? Extra running costs apart of course from the electricity. Was thinking to set one up in the hot press on a timer
No, they just pull the water out of the air through some sort of magic. I'm not sure on the running costs but I would presume its a lot cheaper than running a tumble dryer or mouldy walls.
14-09-2020, 09:45   #15
bren2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq View Post
A mate of mine recently told me a large indoor fan facing a clothes horse can work.. but I'm dubious.
Problem with a fan or just drying clothes indoor in general is that it leads to damp air inside your house. This can lead to mould developing and some pretty serious health issues long term. You need to remove the moisture from the air. This can be done with a dehumidifier on the laundry setting but it takes a long time to dry clothes.
A tumble dryer is a far easier solution for indoor drying. Heat-pump if you're concerned about energy usage (but it takes a VERY long time to make your money back in energy savings).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion