Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Phone Warehouse Clearance

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 catz852002

bromley52 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but do you not need some sort of compatible charge receiver for your phone. If its the same as the one iv seen the mat is no good on its own.

One dock reciever thing comes with it from Carphone warehouse, but I think it charges it via a wireless bluetooth thing too... (I'm no expert, just from what iv read..)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Kensington nightstand charger came today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

1 ms office lic came today, working perfectly, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

I haven't received mine yet? Does it come by courier? It said dispatched on the 5th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

shannon82 wrote: »
    I haven't received mine yet? Does it come by courier? It said dispatched on the 5th?

Nightline courier, some people orders didn't even show up in the system I'd fire them a mail although don't expect a timely response. They sent me the wrong one last week and promised me it would be sorted out by yesterday but no dice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi,

I placed an order for the home office license @ €20, but nothing received to date, and cant seem to make any contact with Car Phone Warehouse.

If the order falls through was wondering if anybody had any spare who actually received their order? Its for one of the kids who uses a laptop in school. I've provided the laptop myself (cause the school dont have the resources), we've been constantly asking if she has been using the laptop in the "normal" class. Only just been told, no it doesnt have word (reminds me of the little Britain sketch...computer says no...!!), furious with the teachers etc...but thats another day's rant.

Thanks in advance...

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Got email today to say item not in stock, not coming back in & order cancelled. (Wireless mouse) .

Just got this back:
    Thank you for your Internet order. Unfortunately, due to high demand these items you have requested and a miscalculation of stock levels in our warehouse:

1 x MICROSOFT OFFICE HOME AND STUDENT 2010 ,

have completely run out of stock. We will not be getting in more stock of these products.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Just had that feel about it. So as per my previous request, if any kind soul does have one spare for my kids laptop, I'd much appreciate it. Any other avenues for a cheap license?

Thanks
    W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Just got this back:

Just had that feel about it. So as per my previous request, if any kind soul does have one spare for my kids laptop, I'd much appreciate it. Any other avenues for a cheap license?

Thanks
    W.

Could your kid just use open office, the only reason I have office installed is to open docx files people send me. I write everything in openoffice and pdf it to send it far more reliable.

I was very suss about the sale when everything was still in stock the next day.

If it was just me, that would do, but I imagine the teacher's have only ever experienced MS word (probably an older version as the interface has changed over the years). Think I'd be in the school, teaching the teacher's to teach my child :-) Wonder could I wrangle their summer holidays!!

W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Has anyone had any word back on the Microsoft Office 2010 mix up ( I am nearly going to say S**m). I ordered the 3 licenses pack only to receive the 1 license pack.
    I have just been on to customer services again to a very nice sounding agent who listen to my story and at the end tell me that they were not aware of any problem with the their web orders in Ireland.

Can someone tell me what business are Carphone warehouse in again.......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alas

Same thing happened to me! I tried contacting UK customer service, they didn't know anything about Ireland, now am playing email tag with customer services by email. They have been "waiting for a reply" for a week...

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

meolwan wrote: »
    Has anyone had any word back on the Microsoft Office 2010 mix up ( I am nearly going to say S**m). I ordered the 3 licenses pack only to receive the 1 license pack.
    I have just been on to customer services again to a very nice sounding agent who listen to my story and at the end tell me that they were not aware of any problem with the their web orders in Ireland.

Can someone tell me what business are Carphone warehouse in again.......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I got the following reply from CW:

"I can confirm that as we are unable to supply you with 1 x Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 with 3 Licences, we will be refunding you the €34.99 you have paid for this product. As a gesture of good will you can retain the Microsoft Office key that you have already received from us. Please allow 3-5 workings days for this refund."

So, I am glad about solution offered by CW.
    CW has also confirmed that they don't have any plans to stock MS Office 2010 - 3 license key again in the immediate future.

Just remembered to email them this morning ordered on the 4th the mouse and Kinnect

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Any other avenues for a cheap license?

Not the 1st place you'd think of but Heatons had some a few months ago, they did sell out (Thread about it on here), might be worth a look or call.
    Can't remember exact cost but it was cheap enough.

Thanks...Got sorted by a relative who had a spare license..so in the end it was very cheap!!

W.

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    I got the following reply from CW:

"I can confirm that as we are unable to supply you with 1 x Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 with 3 Licences, we will be refunding you the €34.99 you have paid for this product. As a gesture of good will you can retain the Microsoft Office key that you have already received from us. Please allow 3-5 workings days for this refund."

So, I am glad about solution offered by CW.
    CW has also confirmed that they don't have any plans to stock MS Office 2010 - 3 license key again in the immediate future.

Lucky you getting a result I was on to them yesterday and still no response. This is reminding me of the Samsung Phone problem from about a year or so ago. It is my own fault I should have kept to my word that I would ever buy from them again.
    I will bang off another email to them see what fairy story I get off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Universal Micro USB Charger I got from them is a dud. Dies after about 10 mins attempting to charge, and makes my phone/kindle heat up quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

bought the logitech iphone speaker unit,came in the box with no leads etc. so ended up sending it back

Well I got a response about my missing package. They will get in touch with the delievery warehouse! Not very helpful, checked my trackin and guess what apparently it was delievered on the 13th. Funny none of my family took delievery. I would love to know who signed for it😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

shannon82 wrote: »
    Well I got a response about my missing package. They will get in touch with the delievery warehouse! Not very helpful, checked my trackin and guess what apparently it was delievered on the 13th. Funny none of my family took delievery. I would love to know who signed for it😕

I'm the same, says it was delivered but I know it wasn't. Have to ring them Monday.

Got a result at last. I got the same email as Pablo 1802 on Friday was away so only going through emails now. I have even got the refund into my bank account.
    Still wont order from CPW again and this time I mean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

I have a spare ruck sack from the sale if anyone wants to buy it at the listed price €8.99 I think plus p&p if interested please pm me.

Advertisement