Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

22-10-2012, 13:43   #1
Creamy Goodness

issue with an order

Order num: 153771

Placed an order at 7:24am this morning and realised after 30 minutes that I left off part of my address.

Emailed orders at thecostumeshop dot ie to see if I could get the words "floor 3" placed on the address and was met with this reply:

Quote:
Unfortunately during the very busy period of Halloween we cannot make any amendments to existing orders. We apologise for this and hope you will understand.
Surely the amount of time it took to actually reply to me with that the address could have been amended.

I replied saying just that and said that if it can't be amended I'd be blocking the payment or cancelling the order.

I was then replied to with this:

Quote:
I don't control the ordering system and I'm sorry if you feel obliged to do this
What am I meant to do with that reply? How does someone manning the orders at thecostumeshop dot ie inbox not have access to the ordering system? The person in question is extremely vague in replying to me and frankly if the issue isn't solved by the end of the day I'll be cancelling and informing my friends and family not to purchase from you guys.

I do understand Halloween must be a busy period for you guys but how about a little bit of TLC on the customer services side of things?

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 22-10-2012 at 14:54.
22-10-2012, 14:50   #2
TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan
Verified representative

Hi Creamy Goodness,

Very sorry to hear you are unhappy, as you know we operate 24/7 during the Halloween period. In order to process and deliver orders in a timely fashion, orders are printed as soon as possible and sent to the warehouse for packing. Once the order has left to be packed we cannot amend the delivery addresses or the items ordered.

Once the order is collected received by the courier, an email is sent out with the tracking number and which courier it will be delivered with. At this stage you could contact the courier and amend the delivery address.

Generally speaking though the couriers would call you before the delivery so if it's something as small as the floor of the building there's very little chance of them not delivering to you as long as you answer the phone when they call and tell them where to deliver.

In terms of cancelling the payment after the goods have been dispatched, unfortunately the customer service team are correct, it really isn't something they have any control over. As we have kept to our side of the contract - delivering to the address you provided - the credit card company would have to deal with the complaint. Our terms and conditions, as well as systems are quite rigidly followed by my staff.

I appreciate the order is important to you and I would be confident that it will arrive in time for your requirements. We do value all of our customers and I deeply regret that you didn't receive sufficient TLC from our support staff.

Last edited by TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan; 22-10-2012 at 15:36.
22-10-2012, 15:00   #3
Creamy Goodness

Noticed it has been shipped since your response. hopefully it will arrive. Still not happy with the vagueness in your customer support emails.

Shame really as I won't be recommending you to anyone.
22-10-2012, 15:39   #4
TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan
Verified representative

I'll have a word with them, it's likely that you we're dealing with one of the 30 new temps that started this morning in order to try and keep up with the seasonality of the business. Still no excuse though, I'll asked them to be more friendly.
Forum Closed