Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

13-02-2012, 22:24   #1
se

Policy holder VS car owner???

Hi, i was wondering if there can be a policy holder, who is not a car owner nor car keeper nor main driver????because i am currently a car owner and keeper.. i want to get insured on a mate's policy.... (i cnt gt my own policy cz young and still a learner, it quite xpensv...)
14-02-2012, 11:03   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by se View Post
Hi, i was wondering if there can be a policy holder, who is not a car owner nor car keeper nor main driver????because i am currently a car owner and keeper.. i want to get insured on a mate's policy.... (i cnt gt my own policy cz young and still a learner, it quite xpensv...)
In order to be a policy holder you will need to be the registered owner of the car also. You could be a named driver on your friends policy but you will need to advise the insurer if you are the main driver of that car. I hope this helps!
15-02-2012, 22:11   #3
se

Thanx that helpd...
21-03-2012, 10:42   #4
vectra

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuoteDevil: David View Post
In order to be a policy holder you will need to be the registered owner of the car also. You could be a named driver on your friends policy but you will need to advise the insurer if you are the main driver of that car. I hope this helps!
Just wondering there. ( Sorry for jumping on this thread.
But how much of a difference to the policy would this make by making the named driver the main driver?
Forum Closed