Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Gumbo wrote: »
    Tefal 24cm pan is £8.33. I bought one last week.
    But for anyone looking for a bigger, 28cm once, they are €12 in woodies currently.

Showing at £15.74 now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭John mac

same here /

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Showing at £15.74 now
    John mac wrote: »
    same here /

Just means you are too late for the deal. Amazon changes prices many times during the day. Keep an eye on it as it may return as I bought it for 8.33 last week too. Then it went back up. Then or appeared for 8.33 again a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Balmed Out wrote: »
    LEGO 11013 Classic Creative Transparent Bricks Building Set with Animals for Kids 4+
    Comes to 15 sterling or 17.24 for those with prime accounts

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08G4KZPG4/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_fabc_dlT1_726EDYMRY2SXGKPARQGY

Well that didn’t bloody last long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I all
    Just on l these cheap s+s offers.

If you order a few of them and the total comes in at more than 22 euro for all of them. Would the. Import duties be applied on the total of all?

• Advertisement

Sup08 wrote: »
    I all

If you order a few of them and the total comes in at more than 22 euro for all of them. Would the. Import duties be applied on the total of all?

Best to order separately, just in case.

I all

Order them one at a time.
    Have 10 different orders.
    If they ship them all together, you’ll not get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭John mac

its calculated on total plus postage , best way is order and pay for everything separately .
    . not good for environment but better for your pocket .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    MASTER LOCK 5401EURD Key Safe medium-size wall-mounted waterproof combination key cabinet for £12.49 Prime (+£4.49 NP) delivered @ Amazon

€10.41

For all you people that own apartments to let out after lock down.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000JTIX3S

John mac wrote: »
    its calculated on total plus postage , best way is order and pay for everything separately .
    . not good for environment but better for your pocket .

Its not an issue with the environment in many cases.
    I done it for various orders over the last few weeks, toothpaste, small tools etc and when you order multiples, even in separate orders, they group them all into one box, which of course is recyclable.

• Advertisement

Thanks,

The problem is that all of my S+S orders seem to be coming on the same day, 8th March. I had 2 already set up before these great bargains so Amazon seems to be putting them all together for one delivery. If this is the case, then it's possible that I will go over the 22

Thanks,

The problem is that all of my S+S orders seem to be coming on the same day, 8th March. I had 2 already set up before these great bargains so Amazon seems to be putting them all together for one delivery. If this is the case, then it's possible that I will go over the 22

Did you even read what we wrote?

Soarer wrote: »
    Did you even read what we wrote?

Yes, but when you subscribe and save to many items, when you've already got some due for delivery. Amazon put them all together, so you can't subscribe and save items separately.

Yes, I can purchase them individually but not use the extra discount through S+S.

Yes, but when you subscribe and save to many items, when you've already got some due for delivery. Amazon put them all together, so you can't subscribe and save items separately.

Yes, I can purchase them individually but not use the extra discount through S+S.

I’d the one order is over the allowance, Amazon will charge you at source.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭paska

Not sure whats all the banter and don't have time to look.

However, I have ordered multiple items separately with the same-day delivery.
    The total was over 22 euro and I have no extra payment at the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭steve-o

paska wrote: »
    Not sure whats all the banter and don't have time to look.

However, I have ordered multiple items separately with the same-day delivery.
    The total was over 22 euro and I have no extra payment at the door...
    Were the orders grouped together into a single box? If the box is valued over €22 then VAT is due

steve-o wrote: »
    Were the orders grouped together into a single box? If the box is valued over €22 then VAT is due

No it’s not!

I had 5 separate orders last week totally £75.
    All sent in the one box, with the value of £75 printed on the label.
    No VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭steve-o

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Not from amazon it’s not
    No it’s not!
    Amazon don't have some magic exemption. The VAT is due. Either their systems are messing up or they are paying the VAT themselves.
    Edit: I thought I was on the logistics thread. Apologies to the mods for veering off-topic

Amazon don't have some magic exemption. The VAT is due. Either their systems are messing up or they are paying the VAT themselves.
    Edit: I thought I was on the logistics thread. Apologies to the mods for veering off-topic

Believe what you want.

We’re telling you what’s actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have a feeling that technically vat might be required, but customs don't have the time or inclination to check amazon parcels...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

dulpit wrote: »
    I have a feeling that technically vat might be required, but customs don't have the time or inclination to check amazon parcels...

Why would VAT be required if under the threshold? The world and their mother know Amz are charging at source if applicable. (Well done to them as usual for leading the way)

If you purchase 100 items individually , all exempt, and Amz chose to bulk them together, why would they be checked here?

Answer: they wouldn’t.

I’ve had multiple orders arrive over the value from individual purchases boxed together for the same day delivery.

Yesterday I got socket set, spanner set and toothpaste all boxed together, yet they were individual orders totalling over €30.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Gumbo wrote: »
    I’ve had multiple orders arrive over the value from individual purchases boxed together for the same day delivery.

Yesterday I got socket set, spanner set and toothpaste all boxed together, yet they were individual orders totalling over €30.

I've had the same experience. I bought items individually to take advantage of not having to pay VAT for things under €22 but the items were shipped together.

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Well that didn’t bloody last long!

Its back on

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Its back on

Sound.

Just nabbed it there!

Deleted

Wasn’t that bitchy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you purchase the items in single transactions and no vat is due and amazon choose to shop them together then that’s doesn’t magically mean vat should be applied lol
    Amazon are fully vat compliant and deduct U.K. and add eu vat at checkout as needed

The bargains still apply to items below the vat threshold, Amazon’s shipping choice is up to themselves

So I could theoretically buy 10,000 door knobs from China individually, they all get delivered together and I can avoid paying VAT and customs.

That clearly wouldn't be the case.

So I could theoretically buy 10,000 door knobs from China individually, they all get delivered together and I can avoid paying VAT and customs.

We're talking about Amazon!!

Christ almighty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Summer2020

What part of they’re separate orders are you not
    Understanding ? It’s Amazon’s decision to parcel them up together to save money. The vat is charged with amazon at point of source, when you buy the item.

Advertisement