Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Sami has beaten the Universal champion many, many times on PPV and on tv, yet we are supposed to find it inspiring that he lasted 10 minutes with Strauman.

Team Blue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I can't believe they are putting Reigns vs Strowman at Wrestlemania. I can't think of anything I'd like to see less.

If it keeps reigns away from the title this year then I'm delighted with that match!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i actually think braun is very good big man especally for someone with his inexperience. A reigns vs braun feud would be terrible as they will try and paint it as reigns the underdog crap weve seen. the match itself could be fine but as with any reigns feud they will try to force him down our throat as the big hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Only good thing in the show was Big E's line about Charlotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Rollins sold like a boss for Strowman, he didnt over do it but he made Braun look like a million bucks.

Enjoyed Byaley v Charlotte but why have Charlotte take a pin fall loss. They have no idea how to treat champions on Raw.

Not a fan of the new tag titles but I see why they did it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »

They edited that out of the Youtube video they put up :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »

An off the cuff funny remark that fans genuinely laughed at? Of course they did.

"Needs more sparkle crotch." - Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Enjoyed Byaley v Charlotte but why have Charlotte take a pin fall loss. They have no idea how to treat champions on Raw.

Whereas on Smackdown the World Champion lost several times to a comedy act the commentators call a turtle without a shell. Then when Heath Slater and Rhyno won the tag titles they practically disappeared until they lost it.
    It's a company issue not exclusive to any show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What did he say?

Kofi said Ric Flair wouldn't have become a 16 time world champion if he hadn't lost 15 times, to which Big E replied "That'll be Charlotte in a month"

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

What was the line??

Here's the video.

https://streamable.com/2y6wh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought this was a pretty underwhelming episode of Raw storyline-wise. I am pretty much fed up with this Owens/Jericho relationship; I feel like it's jumped the shark now. Originally, the idea was supposed to be that these two didn't really like each other, but were using one another to get ahead. Owens would leave Jericho when he was trouble, Jericho would leave Owens when he was in trouble, they had these nice teases where Owens would describe their relationship as 'Kevin and Chris' and Jericho would do the opposite, emphasizing to the fans that deep down they were both selfish guys who were only interested in getting themselves ahead.

Somehow that has been lost in recent weeks to the point where now apparently Owens DOES care about Jericho. When he said his feelings were hurt that Jericho was ignoring him, he was being serious. This is ridiculous on two levels: 1) it goes against the original point of the story - that they are both selfish guys (Owens destroyed his best friend Zayn before so it made sense originally) 2) fans tuning into the show are seeing the supposed top heel acting like a goofy, zany mid-card act. It's awful booking now.

The opening segment was really bad. The crowd was flat and Foley, who I do like, was off his game (in fairness to him he was supposed to have time off with surgery on the way). Maffew from Botchamania got a Christmas gift with Foley getting the name of the city wrong.

Another lame finish with Rusev and Big Cass. If you don't want either guy to lose clean, why book the feud at all?

I liked the idea of Nia coming out to confront a weakened Sasha but when Nia approached with the crutch - crowd gasping in anticipation - only for her to toss it aside, that was so lame. If you didn't want her to hit Sasha with it, at least press it into Sasha's leg to get some heat. This made your big monster heel look merciful, which shouldn't be the idea.

Didn't like the New Day promo segment which went way too long, the Neville segment didn't make much sense to me (the fans weren't cheering for you? When was this?)

The sensitivity training skits weren't great.

Best thing was probably Strowman causing chaos. I'm not convinced by him as a top monster heel, but he's got a great booming voice and he's alright for the role he's in.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Charlotte has started using her surname again?

And when are they going to progress the Rollins/HHH feud? It seems every now and again that they're going to do something with Seth coming out and calling HHH out, only for someone else to feud with him instead. It's like HHH wasn't free at the time so they had to change plans.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Charlotte has started using her surname again?

And when are they going to progress the Rollins/HHH feud? It seems every now and again that they're going to do something with Seth coming out and calling HHH out, only for someone else to feud with him instead. It's like HHH wasn't free at the time so they had to change plans.

Once Monday Night Football is on a break, that way it will look like HHH has boosted ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Delighted braun stroman is getting his push.

Definitly the next rock or the next Stone Cold. Simply awesome!

Jodotman wrote: »

giphy.gif

That time of the bastard week again, WTF Moments from last night's RAW

Can't watch that, that fat lad is about as annoying as a vuvuzala.

Meant to say, not only did Jericho use a joke previously used by R Truth in calling a fear of height arachnaphobia, but how are we to believe that a guy who invented the MitB match and competed in many ladder matches is suddenly scared of heights?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jodotman wrote: »

Gotta admit i look forward to seeing stroman destroying people every week hes entertaining for a big man

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You can't beat a good big man bully and Strowman is prefect for that I still have memories of Big Bully Busick who was only with the WWF for about 6 months but had a great look.

What happens when he has to work longer than 5 minutes? He's not the Rock and he never will be.

Don't know what people see in Strowman. Just another Mike Knox to me.

Don't know what people see in Strowman. Just another Mike Knox to me.

hes a good big man. im not sure if hes main event good but i think theres hope.

he also seems like a great funny guy from the episode of talk is jericho he was on.

i feel like they are getting Strowman's booking spot on. He didn't do jobbers for months; he's progressed his character up the ladder in a natural and logical way. He's backing up his end of the stories in the ring and his preformances. But they've really made him look like an effective monster IMO.

so Reigns to end Strowman's undefeated streak? Or will they give it to Zayn? I'm guessing Reigns.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    so Reigns to end Strowman's undefeated streak? Or will they give it to Zayn? I'm guessing Reigns.

Reigns they need to make him look strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it a live show or pre-recorded show tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Live I think. 26th Dec isn't a major deal over there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement