Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I have paid folding money for, and played, tow truck simulator. All your starlets are belong to me

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/tow-truck-simulator-review

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I might install this again, i found it incredibly relaxing to play,then again im a sim nerd :P
    When i played last i had my G25 wheel and pedals set up but im not sure if ill play enough to hook it all up again, anyone playing with a xbox 360 pad for pc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    I might install this again, i found it incredibly relaxing to play,then again im a sim nerd :P
    When i played last i had my G25 wheel and pedals set up but im not sure if ill play enough to hook it all up again, anyone playing with a xbox 360 pad for pc?

Ya plays grand with the controller,I'm really tempted to buy a G25 WHEEL :eek:

Ya plays grand with the controller,I'm really tempted to buy a G25 WHEEL :eek:

Not sure if they make the G25 anymore ,its G27 now i think.
    Have a look at the fanatec line of wheel/pedals.

Heres the Fanatec range

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/index.php?cPath=21

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not sure if they make the G25 anymore ,its G27 now i think.
    Have a look at the fanatec line of wheel/pedals.

Heres the Fanatec range

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/index.php?cPath=21

Ya its the g27 now,do you get the pedals and gear stick too?or are they sold separate ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm tempted to get in on this as I love those nice relaxing games every so often - Used to just tour around the city in MM2 back in the day and GTA VC is always fun for some 80's cruising! Can't all be BF3/BL2 mayhem right?

I've also tried and surprisingly enjoyed a few hours of OMSI Bus Simulator :o - there's serious bus nerdage out there! You can get the entire Dublin Bus/BE feel with various skins and all! :p

Reinstalled,hooked up my G25 wheel/pedals/shifter, 2.5 hours later i didnt know where the time went :o
    Its just so relaxing to play, i must be getting old:o

Scania truck driving simulator is pretty good too btw.

http://www.scaniadrivergame.com/en/

Reinstalled,hooked up my G25 wheel/pedals/shifter, 2.5 hours later i didnt know where the time went :o
    Its just so relaxing to play, i must be getting old:o

Scania truck driving simulator is pretty good too btw.

http://www.scaniadrivergame.com/en/

^^^ that looks like an awesome game,I must have it :eek: :o

I just realised that I have the original euro truck simulator sitting on my shelf, how does it compare to the Euro Truck Simulator 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Wossack

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I tried it, and that really is rubbish. this is a different league all together.

I know, I know.. I have a problem :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Bambi wrote: »
    I just realised that I have the original euro truck simulator sitting on my shelf, how does it compare to the Euro Truck Simulator 2?

Never played that one but judging by the overall good response this one is getting I'm assuming it is. First simulator game I've played since the Railroad Tycoon days.

Up until now recent simulators like this were always seen as a joke whereas now this is seen as some sort of guilty pleasure people don't want to admit too quickly :pac:

I ordered the g27 off komplett,do you have to screw down the steering wheel/gear box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

I ordered the g27 off komplett,do you have to screw down the steering wheel/gear box ?

You'll need to clamp them to a desk otherwise the force feedback will cause some serious damage!!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Never played that one but judging by the overall good response this one is getting I'm assuming it is. First simulator game I've played since the Railroad Tycoon days.

Up until now recent simulators like this were always seen as a joke whereas now this is seen as some sort of guilty pleasure people don't want to admit too quickly :pac:

I played it for about 20 minutes and got pissed off smashing the truck around junctions in the city centre etc.

that said, I play test drive unlimited just so I can toodle around the roads of hawaii like an old dear..

Bloodwing wrote: »
    You'll need to clamp them to a desk otherwise the force feedback will cause some serious damage!!

damage to me or the desk?:pac: does it come with clamps?or bolts or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

damage to me or the desk?:pac: does it come with clamps?or bolts or something?

It comes with everything you need, there's clamps built into the wheel and shifter and the pedals have a carpet gripper that does a great job stopping them from moving about.

Bloodwing wrote: »
    It comes with everything you need, there's clamps built into the wheel and shifter and the pedals have a carpet gripper that does a great job stopping them from moving about.

Cool,so it's easy enough to clamp to a table?no drilling holes or anything like that involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,915 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Cool,so it's easy enough to clamp to a table?no drilling holes or anything like that involved?

No drilling holes, it just clamps to the desk. i never tried it with the PC, just with the wheel stand pro for the PS3 because i had no desk with the PS3 in the sitting room using it from the couch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I played it for about 20 minutes and got pissed off smashing the truck around junctions in the city centre etc.

I'm inter-changing between this and NFS-Most Wanted so I either tend to drive like a lunatic in this game or obey the rules in between races in NFS :pac:

Ok that's it.. I'm downloading the demo tonight :)

• Advertisement

Heres how i play,takes 2 mins to attach/plugin power and usb.

Im playing the game with the H shifter and clutch pedal for gear shifts,feels and plays so much better than just hitting a button to shift gears.
    Goes without saying the wheel/pedals add to the whole experience tenfold,totally transforms the game and indeed any racing/driving sim or game

wp000667.jpg

that is one sweet set up you got there

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Ok that's it.. I'm downloading the demo tonight :)

Ok this is surprisingly addictive - started in London with a load of lumber. How do I turn off the big orange help/instructions box though?

Does the full version have those wacky reroute things in the middle of some road's?
    Does it support headtracking software, Like Track IR, FacetrackNoir etc? I can get a HAT switch to work on external views but not in the cabin.

Does the full version have those wacky reroute things in the middle of some road's?
    Does it support headtracking software, Like Track IR, FacetrackNoir etc? I can get a HAT switch to work on external views but not in the cabin.

I have a Sidewinder Precision 2 and the hat switch works in the cabin (just left/right/up/down though - can't get right up/right left etc going)

Considering buying the full game though - what extras does it give you beyond the company management stuff (or is that it?)

Also, speed cameras are a bitch in this game - unlike ours they work :p I've also had a Focus overtake me and then slow down in front of me causing me to hit him, and middle lane hoggers etc - it's scarily like the M50 at times! :D

Track IR does work i hear.
    The game is surprisingly addictive,i wish the trip time was done in real time or atleast be given a choice to set the time to be real or accelerated.

Track IR does work i hear.
    The game is surprisingly addictive,i wish the trip time was done in real time or atleast be given a choice to set the time to be real or accelerated.

There's nice little touches too.. like I missed the exit on one of the runs last night but rather than hitting an invisible wall or something you just continue on to the next one and double back.

I can't park the trailer to save my life though :p - keep having to take the easy way out of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,915 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

think i may have to download the demo tonight !

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I can't park the trailer to save my life though :p - keep having to take the easy way out of that one.

Same here !

• Advertisement

Speaking of reversing with a trailer, yesterday while driving home [Real life by the way :)]i got held up for a couple of minutes as some guy was reversing in a trailer full of blocks and i just had to admire his skill as he had about 4 inches to spare on each side.
    LOL atleast this sim has me appreciating truck drivers a lot more :D

Advertisement