Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

War / Special Ops: Documentaries and Films

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

sorry chief :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Im in no doubt it will be repeated, go to nat geo website uk/ire for times. More than likely this week it will be on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just watched it there a while ago, really enjoyed it and i had to lol at the cow incident :P

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

just finished watching it there, best movie iv seen in ages, i think the guys eyes at the end really tell you what they've been through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

When the Restepo thing being repeated? Any ideas? Gutted I missed the feckin' thing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

MagicIRL wrote: »
    When the Restepo thing being repeated? Any ideas? Gutted I missed the feckin' thing :(

Plus one just been wrecking me head looking at trailers on youtube ahhhhh cant believe I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

it is being repeated on thursday at 9pm i think on Nat geo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Just watched it there, have to say, it's certainly very moving...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

For anyone without Sky access, HMV are selling Restrepo fairly cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Found it last night online :D good quality except its split in two parts

Restrepo part 1 http://stagevu.com/video/xygfndpcoyxn
    Restrepo part 2 http://stagevu.com/video/drnweuhemvze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I see nobody has mentioned The War Tapes yet.

It's about a national guard unit that got deployed into the area around Fallujah just before it all kicked off in 2004. Three soldiers took cameras with them as part of the project. What I find interesting about it is that it shows a very profound change in their personalities by talking with them and their family members pre/during/post deployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Lemming wrote: »
    I see nobody has mentioned The War Tapes yet.

It's about a national guard unit that got deployed into the area around Fallujah just before it all kicked off in 2004. Three soldiers took cameras with them as part of the project. What I find interesting about it is that it shows a very profound change in their personalities by talking with them and their family members pre/during/post deployment.

i think i have that there is also one called this is war too

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

jeawan wrote: »
    it is being repeated on thursday at 9pm i think on Nat geo

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up. I caught it the second time round, really enjoyed it

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

swiftblade wrote: »
    Was posted over on the Military Forum. A must watch :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpxbpeuSQyA&feature=player_embedded

Embeding is disabled
    ]
    I watched that when i was looking at the Miliary forum myself, absolutely brilliant ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Surviving The Cut starts on Discovery Channel Sunday Night at 9pm or 21:00HRS for those who like their military time.

Recommended viewing. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Mate showed me this end clip of the movie Rota 9(havn't seen the full movie myself)
    And it's actualy mind blowingly BRILLIANT! I really hope that you will watch this, you won't regret it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO1wOG7RsQg

xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Mate showed me this end clip of the movie Rota 9(havn't seen the full movie myself)
    And it's actualy mind blowingly BRILLIANT! I really hope that you will watch this, you won't regret it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO1wOG7RsQg

xXx

The english title is 9th Company. Show's up every from months on Film 4 or a channel near it on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Surviving The Cut starts on Discovery Channel Sunday Night at 9pm or 21:00HRS for those who like their military time.

Recommended viewing. Enjoy.

Only got to see half of it :(
    But a very good documentary, thanks for the heads up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smallbike

Armadillo is a Danish documentary following Danish soldiers for six months in Helmand province. Its very well shot and well worth a look...

linkage: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640680/

torrent: <Snip> Torrent removed due to T&C Breach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

just got to watch The Battle For Marjah

a good watch,the eyes of the CO say alot :(

i can put it on fileserve if any1 wants ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Menolias

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot

Season two started a few weeks ago,episode 3 airs tuesday night.
    there are some great challenges in the show that could translate to airsoft ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

Stealthirl wrote: »

Just watched this movie, and could say it is very good documentary. thanks for sharing the light....

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Stealthirl wrote: »

Hey man i would apreciate if you could do that. can't find it anywhere to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Hey man i would apreciate if you could do that. can't find it anywhere to watch

this should work
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/G5EVWWH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

listermint wrote: »
    Indeed it is!

Just watched Armadillo. Its quite moving in parts. Not overly sanitised as some other docs ive seen. quite surprised in parts that the danish military allowed some of the footage. But im sure more was in fact taken out specfically in later combat action.

+1 just watched Armadillo. Powerful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

That room breach was somewhat stilted? Were they meant to be going hyper slow for demo purposes, or is that just marshals style ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ken Loach's latest movie looks intresting "Route Irish" seeing the iraq conflict through the eyes of a PMC during and after home coming and the death in suspicious circumstances of a pmc ,

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Gatling wrote: »
    Ken Loach's latest movie looks intresting "Route Irish" seeing the iraq conflict through the eyes of a PMC during and after home coming and the death in suspicious circumstances of a pmc ,

I looked Route Irish up last night and from the trailer it looks really good, and then while sitting on this doing my usual boards browse with the tv in the background it just came up saying Route Irish is now being shown on Sky Box Office :p Looks like I'll be watching that tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Advertisement