Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi guys.
    Phoenix rovers fc looking for friendly games for pre season anyone interested pm me or check out www.phoenixroversfc.com for contact details also any players looking for a club more than welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    Phoenix rovers fc looking for friendly games for pre season anyone interested pm me or check out www.phoenixroversfc.com for contact details also any players looking for a club more than welcome.

We'll take a friendly alright.

When is your season starting back?

Hi Desf
    Our season doesnt kick off till late august but have had a fantastic response to players wanted. we had 22 training on thursday with 6 regulars missing you can train for ever but dont really see a new players full potential until you see them in a competitive game.I know its early to be looking for games but to put it bluntly no point in having 28 players if 10 are of no use if you get my meaninng wean out the poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im looking for a club, but i live in the southside, so your too far away :(

ill have to suss out something i guess closer to dundrum or that general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

any one on with a club near balbriggan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wormking2002

Glasnevin Football Club are looking for the following for the upcoming season '08/09:
    • Manager for Premier A.F.L Sunday Team
    • Manager for Premier A.F.L Saturday Team
    • Players for the above teams
    If interested in any of the above please email:
    Glasnevinfootballclub@yahoo.ie

We will be starting back training 22nd July Tuesday. We train on a Tues at Coolock and Thursday at DCU..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Glasnevin Football Club are looking for the following for the upcoming season '08/09:
    • Manager for Premier A.F.L Sunday Team
    • Manager for Premier A.F.L Saturday Team
    • Players for the above teams
    If interested in any of the above please email:
    Glasnevinfootballclub@yahoo.ie

We will be starting back training 22nd July Tuesday. We train on a Tues at Coolock and Thursday at DCU..

Wouldn't mind the odd game myself, not really fit although have played a few 5 a side games in the last few months but other than that have played competively in donkeys years but am still up for the odd game dunno what standard you lads are at though,dunno if i could make Coolock for training unless got a lift but DCU wouldn't really be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wormking2002

well jonny68 we arent world beaters but its competitive stuff...sure everyone will be in rag order for pre-season anyway so it will really be up to urself what level you want to take it to..it couldnt hurt to have a gander and see what you think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

27 year old lad from finglas looking to play for a team or even just train with em , looking to lose the weight and then play regulary if im good

played for stella maris years ago , ohh how the tides have changed :)

anyway any teams local around finglas gis a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

well jonny68 we arent world beaters but its competitive stuff...sure everyone will be in rag order for pre-season anyway so it will really be up to urself what level you want to take it to..it couldnt hurt to have a gander and see what you think..

Cheers i might show up on the 22nd anyway:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    27 year old lad from finglas looking to play for a team or even just train with em , looking to lose the weight and then play regulary if im good

played for stella maris years ago , ohh how the tides have changed :)

anyway any teams local around finglas gis a shout
    http://www.phoenixroversfc.com
    Drop me a PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oldmcdonnell

Just looking for a pick up game in either
    St. anne's park or Fairview. Nothing serious, just a kick about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 riproar

Howya lads Sallynoggin Celtic are currently in Lsl; Prem Sunday and are starting back their pre season training on wednesday 10th of july.We train on a wednesday and on a friday evening on the astro turf.

The wednesday is compulsary but the friday is only a game of ball and is optional.If anyone is interested in changing teams or indeed you are not playing and are interested please pm me and i will get in touch with you straight away.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Would love a game of ball, if a team is ever short drop me a PM. Prefferebly if you a playing in St. Annes but anywhere else is possible. Saturday's as well as I have my own team on a Sunday. I play in the major's but if I am honest I don't think my team or I are good enough for it. Anyway if your stuck or someone is arranging a good kick about like the poster 2 posts above wants. Just looking for a game of ball tbh :D. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

riproar wrote: »
    Howya lads Sallynoggin Celtic are currently in Lsl; Prem Sunday and are starting back their pre season training on wednesday 10th of july.We train on a wednesday and on a friday evening on the astro turf.

The wednesday is compulsary but the friday is only a game of ball and is optional.If anyone is interested in changing teams or indeed you are not playing and are interested please pm me and i will get in touch with you straight away.

Thanks

ill suss ye out and get back to you:D, na, ill send u a pm later, for directions etc....im interested in playing for a team in south dublin anyway,I dont mind the standard, i just want to play really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

That's a high enough standard. Though they don't seem to train much which is a plus.

The reason behind the once a week training is that 'There are about 15 school boy teams training on the ground the rest of the week.We are right beside St joesephs boys so you can see our problem as they have at least 60 teams.

This is why we train also on a Friday evening on the astroturf.We are a footballing side and the astro helps us with the passing side of our game'.It would be silly of me to make friday mandatory as it is more important that the players dont go out on a saturday night.

I hope this clears that up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Does your team play on the pitch at the top of Joey's pitches beside the road or on the slanty pitch across the road opposite the spinal hospital?

Yes the one beside the road across from Joeys

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

If looking for an U-18 club in the Finglas area. I haven't played for a club for about 5 years but i've kept myself in shape

• Advertisement

Any aspiring shay givens out there looking to join a club or face a new challenge with a new club.Phoenix rovers based in ballymun are looking for a goalkeeper for the new season.You can PM me for more info or check out www.phoenixroversfc.com we play aul div 2a saturday and play in poppintree pk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 leesonnick

Hi Guys,

we play a 5-a-side mixed 1hour social indoor soccer at Belvedere College at the corner of Temple Street/Denmark Street in Dublin 1 every Thursday at 7pm.

I have an attendance web-site set up so people can see
    how many are coming each night and indicate their attendance.

We have currently a pool of ca 30 players who make a game of 10-12 players each week. We look for more players and
    intend to start a league system with 4 teams / 2 games per week, as soon as the number of players alow this.

Game fee is 60 Euro split between the number of players.

Please send me an email at ambientarchitecture@yahoo.com and I will put you on the attendance list.

Thanks

Stefan

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Soccer team based around the Raheny area looking for new players including a keeper. Players of reasonable to good standard required. UCFL Saturday Football; one of the top divisions. Play in St. Anne's Park. Pre-season starting this week with training Tuesday and Thursday nights. PM if interested. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

Does anyone know of any 5-a-side pitches in the city centre or within a reasonable distance? We are tryin to get a game organised but we need a venue. Help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

sportsco in ringsend

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

Hi Folks,

Tomas is the name and im looking for a soccer game in Cork City (5 a side, 11 a side, whatever). im 26 and from Galway but living in Cork now. id love to play so PM me or email me tomaschonnie@usa.com

Thanks,

T

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Savman you got some info?? I'm pretty interested in playin soccer again, was playin to a good standard when younger and the GAA took over. Lookin to get into it again and i'm living on Parnell Street so let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Savman you got some info?? I'm pretty interested in playin soccer again, was playin to a good standard when younger and the GAA took over. Lookin to get into it again and i'm living on Parnell Street so let me know
    We train/play in Poppintree Park. Current training nights are Tuesdays in the Park and Thursdays in Westwood gym. If you're interested in coming down let me know and I'll meet you somewhere so ur not walking in on ur lonesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stimulant

I have just recently moved to Dublin and am looking to set up 5(6) v 5(6) indoor/astro soccer among friends each week.

Does anybody have a list of venues with contact numbers or a contact number for a venue they use themselves?

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

If anyone is looking to play soccer in North Tipp around Nenagh, please PM.
    We are a 1st Division club looking for new players for a promotion push.

Advertisement