Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TENACIOUS D 3arena

• 15-11-2019 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Can't get seating tickets only standing.. this is weird.. maybe they want to sell the standing first.. but what if you want seating tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Maybe they are not sure whether to open the top section and will see how sales go for standing?

though I would have expected it to sell OK, there was people talking of 2 dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Far too big a venue for a band who have been off the boil since the first album and haven't been seen in years. The Olympia would've been fine (just like the first time they were here)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

A girl once told me I look like Jack Black, just what every young man with no confidence wanted to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Far too big a venue for a band who have been off the boil since the first album and haven't been seen in years. The Olympia would've been fine (just like the first time they were here)

The Academy would have been even better like their last visit, that was some gig

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

No big fan of the 3 Arena either but could be worth a punt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

A girl once told me I look like Jack Black, just what every young man with no confidence wanted to here.

Ya we call my brother JB too after Dewie in school of rock. Stamp of him, both rockers and teachers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

you mean you haven't seen them for years ? I saw them a while back in the 3 Arena on the Fenix tour. Good crowd there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pretty sure The Ambassador was their first time here.

Pretty sure The Ambassador was their first time here.

God, you are right. Just checked my ticket stubs and the Ambassador was indeed 2002 while the Olympia was 2003. I'd completely forgotten about that gig.

PaulieC wrote: »
    you mean you haven't seen them for years ? I saw them a while back in the 3 Arena on the Fenix tour. Good crowd there too.

True. 2006 was the last time. They haven't been here in years either though. They put on a decent show though. Tempted to go along but I truly hate the 3 arena.

• Advertisement

I see seated tickets are on sale, but only the upper section
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/tenacious-d-post-apocalypto-the-tour-dublin-10-02-2020/event/180057679C981C87

Section BLOCKL Row 39
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea
    Section BLOCKL Row 40
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea
    Section BLOCKL Row 41
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea
    Section BLOCKL Row 42
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea
    Section BLOCKL Row 43
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea
    Section BLOCKM Row 33
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea
    Section BLOCKM Row 34
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea
    Section BLOCKM Row 35
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea
    Section BLOCKM Row 36
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea
    Section BLOCKM Row 37
    Full Price Ticket
    €58.50 ea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Would of been all over this if it was a weekend show. But a Monday night, well that just truly sucks

True. 2006 was the last time. They haven't been here in years either though. They put on a decent show though. Tempted to go along but I truly hate the 3 arena.

It's not the best, but it's 10 minutes walk from me so can't pass it up. Was 2006 the one in the RDS ? That was a fantastic gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Sirsok wrote: »
    Would of been all over this if it was a weekend show. But a Monday night, well that just truly sucks

This.

Saw them support Metallica maybe ten years ago and in the O2 5 years ago I think. Very enjoyable. But Monday does indeed suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Suppose it will be a laugh anyway

Are the support band just the backing band?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah just two lads, they do a mix of covers and their own stuff, might be fun getting up to Dublin tomorrow depending on how the weather pans out.

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah just two lads, they do a mix of covers and their own stuff, might be fun getting up to Dublin tomorrow depending on how the weather pans out.

Only came back from Hamburg today but should be fine hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

Any idea when Tenacious D actually go on stage?

Not much interest in the support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭deandean

Got my tickets about 6 weeks ago. Looking forward to the gig tonight.
    Tickets still available I see.

Watching pick of destiny on the bus up

So **** its good a real stoner stuff, there popularity went a bit after that. Remember seeing them support Metallica in Marley Park in 2008 (hard to believe its that long ago)

Didnt watch any of the Post Apocalyptico episodes but imagine will see a good bit of it on tonight's show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I wonder with the week that's in it would they give City Hall a play

Doors 18.30
    Wynchester- 20.00
    Tenacious D- 21.00

Any idea when Tenacious D actually go on stage?
    posted above, just for future reference these usually appear on twitter, either the 3arena page, or MCD/Aiken or the artist. Or facebook

was up 3 hours ago https://twitter.com/3ArenaDublin/status/1226887501530443776

only 30mins ago on mcd
    https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1226926924225708034

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭deandean

Just realised...the D in their logo looks like a big dick 😱 ðŸ˜

Good gig really brought back those early 00s and Kerrang memories

Disappointed not to hear Pick of destiny and master explorer. Jack Black has a great voice and Kyle is a great musician. Some lad had one of those saxophones things next to me on the way out some funky sound

Decent crowd but a few only there for jack black I imagine. Found the post Apocalyptico things ok. Could be just me or does anyone else find that type of animation hard to watch??

Overall happy I spend the money for the ticket and the rip off tshirt ha.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Good gig really brought back those early 00s and Kerrang memories

Disappointed not to hear Pick of destiny and master explorer. Jack Black has a great voice and Kyle is a great musician. Some lad had one of those saxophones things next to me on the way out some funky sound

Decent crowd but a few only there for jack black I imagine. Found the post Apocalyptico things ok. Could be just me or does anyone else find that type of animation hard to watch??

Overall happy I spend the money for the ticket and the rip off tshirt ha.

I brought my kids and they loved it. I've seen them a few times and they always provide great entertainment. Some energy for a couple of fat oul fellas.

PaulieC wrote: »
    I brought my kids and they loved it. I've seen them a few times and they always provide great entertainment. Some energy for a couple of fat oul fellas.

True you have to be really talented to get to Hollywood (partially) and these fat lads have it ha

The devil bits were ok but nothing to Dave Grohls version but that guy is talented great frontman and guitarist. Wynchester are a very good support band

What's everyone's opinion on the jailbreak cover ??. Nice nod to something a lot of Irish take for granted. We have/had a lot of talented bands who are often covered to great respect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Really enjoyed that gig. Wynchester weren't too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

That was an Excellent gig.
    Very funny. Jack Black and Kyle are two extremely talented guys.

Really like the jailbreak cover. Would have loved if they did better with I will follow other than just tease us.

For the price of the tickets and the quality of performance that was a great concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

I don't know what parents were doing bringing their kids to see this, and them all recording it on their phones

Advertisement