Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving on charges when ordering from Japan

• 05-08-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

There's an Orient watch I have my eye on but it's only available from retailers in Japan. The eBay offers are cheap (160 EUR), whereas the Amazon ones are 220+.

Does Amazon include VAT and Customs duty at checkout? Is there a chance if I order from eBay that the watch will arrive without extra Revenue charges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Amik wrote: »
    There's an Orient watch I have my eye on but it's only available from retailers in Japan. The eBay offers are cheap (160 EUR), whereas the Amazon ones are 220+.

Does Amazon include VAT and Customs duty at checkout? Is there a chance if I order from eBay that the watch will arrive without extra Revenue charges?

Yes, you can prepay customs charges with Amazon.

Advertisement