Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Olympics PEEHS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Green&Red wrote: »
    The Irish Olympian - do they have to run under the tricolour or could they have represented another country?

I was actually going to ask that too but I said I better not chance it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote:
    The Irish Olympian - do they have to run under the tricolour or could they have represented another country?

They need to be Irish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I love the Olympics. Watched the entire opening ceremony from London 2012 last Friday night.

BBC and Eurosport have been doing reruns of the sports too.
    If we're talking about 2012, I have to show off. My tickets hanging on my wall...

London2012.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I love the Olympics. Watched the entire opening ceremony from London 2012 last Friday night.

BBC and Eurosport have been doing reruns of the sports too.

It's not like you are giving away a possible answer there or anything. :D

It's not like you are giving away a possible answer there or anything. :D

Oops :D

EN! How did you manage to get tickets for all those events?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

That's awesome EN!! I think I have kept my tickets from 2004!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Never been to the Olympics, but I've kept every concert ticket I ever went to. Should probably do something nice to present them like those Olympic tickets.

Oops :D

EN! How did you manage to get tickets for all those events?

Administrative error :p

I got a couple in the UK ballot but not much. I then read that every EU country has to sell to any other and bought loads from Holland. Thing is, their website crashed when I paid so I bought a load more from them, only to find out both went through! I was so broke but it was completely worth it in the end, I had an amazing couple of weeks :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Big jump in entrants today folks, now up to:

18 players:

aaronjennings
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Barney92
    Collie D
    Declan A Walsh
    Electric Nitwit
    HeidiHeidi
    Homer J. Fong
    Irish Aris
    KathleenGrant
    Kolido
    quickbeam
    rainbowtrout
    Reberetta
    Sawduck
    Strawberry Milkshake
    the purple tin
    Zaph

• Site Banned Posts: 64 ✭✭Montageofhell

Hello. Is anyone allowed to play this game and how do you enter? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hello. Is anyone allowed to play this game and how do you enter? Thanks.

Hi Montage

Simply PM myself a list of your answers to the questions in the OP (un numbered, preferably but it doesn't really matter)

Necro wrote: »
    Hi Montage

Simply PM myself a list of your answers to the questions in the OP (un numbered, preferably but it doesn't really matter)

Hi Necro. Do you mean numbered?

Thanks for letting me know. Now that I know how to enter, I'm going to win this. No point anyone else entering. :)

Thanks for letting me know. Now that I know how to enter, I'm going to win this. No point anyone else entering. :)

Nah I have the questions set up so no need to number them if you don't mind :)

And that is the spirit :D

Nah I have the questions set up so no need to number them if you don't mind :)

And that is the spirit :D

Oh ok, I won't number them.

False confidence. I'll probably come last. Expect answers in the next few minutes.

Now that I know how to enter, I'm going to win this. No point anyone else entering. :)

Ah, I remember when I had hopes and dreams like this :pac:

It's the most infuriating game. You'll avoid obvious answers because they're, well, obvious. But then everyone will and they'll score nothing. But then you'll think that so go for them, but then so will everyone else so it'll score high that time. Everyone that plays this game is the worst :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

It's the most infuriating game. You'll avoid obvious answers because they're, well, obvious. But then everyone will and they'll score nothing. But then you'll think that so go for them, but then so will everyone else so it'll score high that time. Everyone that plays this game is the worst :p

so you're telling me that since I picked the obvious answers I have a chance? :D:pac:

:D That will probably happen but some of these questions I got wrong I think. Had to guess.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    so you're telling me that since I picked the obvious answers I have a chance? :D:pac:
    Your chances are like Schrodinger's cat - they're simultaneously great and dead, until Necro opens the box!
    :D That will probably happen but some of these questions I got wrong I think. Had to guess.
    Wrong answers score 1.5x the top answer so it varies how much they hurt. I don't think you'll be alone in this one, few tough questions!

Your chances are like Schrodinger's cat - they're simultaneously great and dead, until Necro opens the box!

Wrong answers score 1.5x the top answer so it varies how much they hurt. I don't think you'll be alone in this one, few tough questions!

Oh right! And does the winner get a pointless trophy?

Even better, they get a virtual Gold, Silver or Bronze medal :D

I just picked them up today

8b8d265a-0390-4a1c-98c6-fad01a25a3c1-EPA_JAPAN_OLYMPICS_TOKYO_2020-4.jpg?width=2560

• Advertisement

Even better, they get a virtual Gold, Silver or Bronze medal :D

I just picked them up today

8b8d265a-0390-4a1c-98c6-fad01a25a3c1-EPA_JAPAN_OLYMPICS_TOKYO_2020-4.jpg?width=2560

tenor.gif?itemid=16803021tenor.gif?itemid=7782898

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Green&Red wrote: »

Run eh? I know what my answer will be steering clear of anyways :D

I bet you got those medals cheap too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

quickbeam wrote: »
    How dare you! Top quality chocolate they are.

What with the Olympics being cancelled and all, I meant.

quickbeam wrote: »
    What with the Olympics being cancelled and all, I meant.
    And Necro being cheap :pac:

quickbeam wrote:

Aye, better than them being melted down :D

If you have yet to find any grey hairs, MoH, you will by question 10 of the reveal. These games are a rollercoaster of emotions.

I also suggest joining the waiting list for SA (sheeps anonymous) as you’re gonna be hooked! And every time those farmers post in their sheep thread bringing that thread to the front page of boards, you’ll automatically think it’s a new game here and get really excited. That’s when you need Sheep’s Anonymous most.

And Necro being cheap :pac:

I'd never insinutate such a thing!!!!

not on a public forum anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

If we're talking about 2012, I have to show off. My tickets hanging on my wall...

2012 is by some distance the best event I’ve ever attended. Saw Katie T against the English lady, saw Rudisha in his 800m heats. The buzz around London is like nothing I’ve ever experienced

Advertisement