Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭jimboddb

Cyrus wrote: »
    lol sorry its

Model: WAB2010.BA0804

I want! If you hear of anyone else giving them away leave me know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Well done on the forum, I'd seen the campaign but didn't realise it was up and running.

Anyway, here's my current;

JV0000-28E.jpg

Citizen Eco-Drive, which is very nice as a diving piece that there's no battery replacement necessary. It's a decent weight, and took a little bit of time to get used to on the wrist.

I'm a big fan of the dual analogue/digital feature, although if I had one criticism it's the lack of a countdown timer/chronograph. You can set multiple alarms in a variety of time zones, and numerous diving alarms regarding time/depth etc, but there's no simple feature of a timer/stopwatch. A small gripe, as I'm sure the technology is in the piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

hey guys
    I'm a BIG watch collector myself so I'm thinking to post some pics of my pieces.

I own:

Rolex GMT II ref 16710 year 2003
    Breitling Chronomat year 1998
    Hamilton GMT III
    Hamilton Touch
    Hamilton Trent moon phase
    Eberhard Chrono4
    Glycine Incursore (California)
    Seiko Monster
    Seiko Atlas 5
    Steinhart Nav-b
    Ingersoll "Michey Mouse"
    Oregon scientific SW202
    Fossil Twist white dial

then 1 Casio, 2 Breil, 1 Sector... i hope I haven't forgot anything :D

post-190401-1215382208.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Seamaster-1.jpg

Not in bad nick for almost 50 years old. I'm wearing her every day too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

realcam wrote: »
    Seamaster-1.jpg

Not in bad nick for almost 50 years old. I'm wearing her every day too.
    Niiiiice. You made a vintage watch type very happy:) Even better that you wear it everyday. So many don't.

PS. I think Blackpitts is about to open a watch shop.:D Now that's a collection.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

My everyday watch. A great little runner it's never let me down.

3374688952_630e96d884.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

currently wearing this one:

tissot_watch_013.jpg

but among others, have:

6500.jpg

and
    GW-810BD-1ER.jpg
    and
    Victorinox_silver_dial_black_strap_infantry_watch.jpg

Wibbs, I'm going to find you and take that third watch in your first pic from you. Don't say I didn't warn you! Beautiful watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

The state of the collection right now:
    Breitling Colt II
    Anonimo Slide Rule
    Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Calibre S
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Chronotimer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Tag Heuer Golf Watch
    Armani Meccanico 25th Anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Omega Seamaster pro coaxial blue face (pride and joy)

i really like the seamaster with the blue face, if i get another watch that'll probably be the one.

atm i have an oris artelier skeleton

artelierske.JPG

except i went for the steel bracelet

dsc01536bs9.jpg

also got this seiko because of it's 8F32 movement, bit of a contrast to the automatic :pac:

seiko_pertetual_calendar_sbqko79_31.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Homer

My day to day choice..

Front

TackGaff062.jpg

Back

tagheuer004.jpg

Just looking at the photos and it needs a good clean :o

Few more timepieces at home i'll upload later when I get time.

Just came across this forum by accident and was delighted to find other people who have a passion for watches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dammer

Here is my collection, mostly Seiko as I can't yet bring myself to spend over €1k on a watch.

Mind you I nearly talked myself into buying a Raymond Weil Tango last Summer, I could almost justify the €1500 price Tag!

My first chronograph watch was the Accurist on the right, with the blue shark leather strap, a present from my parents.

Then my first 4 Seikos are attached

Now the rest of my Seikos and my first Rotary, which was a present from my girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Finally took the plunge today and I'm proudly wearing this badboy on my wrist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

1_131.jpg

this is what I'm wearing at the moment - got it on ebay for 80 cents, good value for money - nice watch too but the strap is a bit crap

I'm looking for a new one though - probably be a quartz for a few hundred, don't have the money to get a nice automatic

You can't go too far wrong for 80 cent - I like the colour of that watch

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭piaget

Even with a few hundred you can still pick up a nice automatic if you go pre-owned. 80 cents should be about the limit for quartz:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

shanel23 wrote: »

Nice choice, hope you're making good use of it, where did you pick it up from?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

shanel23 wrote: »

Have the same one - absolutely love it. Mind you, it's running a bit fast. Might get it regulated.

• Advertisement

Fabritzo wrote: »
    Nice choice, hope you're making good use of it, where did you pick it up from?

Cheers - did a good bit of hunting around - web etc. but decided against the web as I really wanted to be face to face with the seller . I ended up getting te best deal in an official retailer in the north.. Saved over 500€ making the trip up there..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I bought this Timex many years ago to wear as a work watch............. something I've rarely done as I usually wear a Seiko istead:

3564358575_b305d2458a.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamandagnieszka/3564358575/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

these are my watches, the g-shock is my everyday watch, the animal watch i've had for a few years, the lacoste is my dress watch and the pocket watch is a family tradition for males on the 21st birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

here's how lucky I am:

My wife read this thread, saw that I liked wibbs' watch, got in contact with him so she could get me something similar, and this arrived today:

Silver_Longines__49daa5d24e27f.jpg

I love it. I LOVE it. Did I say I love it? I'm really lucky - I'm not even that good of a husband :D

thanks for the help Wibbs. You can slag off anyone you want in any of my forums for three months :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I got this in the post today bought it off some guy on the web - these
    are his pics of my new watch, Citizen Eco-zilla SS, I don't know if the pics
    adequately describe the size but this watch is simply massive thats all I can
    say about it, that and heavy if you like a watch you can forget you are
    wearing forget about this one,
    I love it :)

eco1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

Here's mine. Nothing too fancy but it has never let me down.
    watcho.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

MooseJam wrote: »
    I got this in the post today bought it off some guy on the web - these
    are his pics of my new watch, Citizen Eco-zilla SS, I don't know if the pics
    adequately describe the size but this watch is simply massive thats all I can
    say about it, that and heavy if you like a watch you can forget you are
    wearing forget about this one,
    I love it :)

eco1.jpg

Handy in a bar-fight.:P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

tbh wrote: »
    here's how lucky I am:

My wife read this thread, saw that I liked wibbs' watch, got in contact with him so she could get me something similar, and this arrived today:

Silver_Longines__49daa5d24e27f.jpg

I love it. I LOVE it. Did I say I love it? I'm really lucky - I'm not even that good of a husband :D

thanks for the help Wibbs. You can slag off anyone you want in any of my forums for three months :D
    Seriously nice piece of kit that one. Couldn't fault it originality wise too. Even the thick glass is the correct replacement. Jealous.:D

PS heads off to cause trouble in LTI......

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭golfpaul

Great thread!
    Mine, Breitling Airwolf
    airwolf2.jpg
    airwolf1.jpg

• Advertisement

Cool back on it. Must be a nightmare to keep clean though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement