Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Casefile

Comments

Well it was 17/18 years ago - when they were still denying and re-assigning pedo priests to other dioceses.

(in Ireland anyways)

Great movie "Spotlight" if any have not seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Well-known Irish case coming up!

PropJoe10 wrote: »

such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Ha ha I got some hop when I opened it up!

glasso wrote: »
    such as?

Is there no suspense allowed in the world anymore? :D :P

• Advertisement

CBA

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Didn’t finish this week either, it’s mad I listened to every single case pretty much, but last few just not holding my attention. Hopefully I can get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

pc7 wrote: »
    Didn’t finish this week either, it’s mad I listened to every single case pretty much, but last few just not holding my attention. Hopefully I can get back into it.

Ah damn. I was saving this one for work tonight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ah damn. I was saving this one for work tonight.

It’s different, but just didn’t grab me, really enjoying the Dateline, 48 hours and Red Handed at the minute if you haven’t tried them.

Court Junkie is a good listen this week, ep 121: 88 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

two patreon eps within a week and one being a irish case but massively well know here, the new one today was very good

recyclops wrote: »
    two patreon eps within a week and one being a irish case but massively well know here, the new one today was very good

Again WTF goes through some people's minds.

Listened to Shaun Attwood interviewing Terry Ellis today, he was promoting his book. Repeated some of the most horrific stories he had heard while he was in a maximum prison which only had the worst of the worst there.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Evil_g

recyclops wrote: »

What's the Irish case?

probably one of the biggest kidnappings in the country wont spoil much more

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Evil_g

If this is a members only podcast, I don't have access to it, so to decide whether to join to get access, I'd need to know what it's about.

If it's just some in joke, that's grand.

oh its not members only, members get cases one week earlier and they ask you dont say what cases are what. this one will be free to listen tomorrow

Evil_g wrote: »
    If this is a members only podcast, I don't have access to it, so to decide whether to join to get access, I'd need to know what it's about.

If it's just some in joke, that's grand.

seems to be some sort of smug fight club rule that you don't let anyone know the episode subject about patreon episodes before they are released to the pleb masses

the sort of big-baller privilege and general importance factor that €2 a month gets you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

It’s Shergar. You can see it on the Patreon page without subscribing.

It’s Shergar. You can see it on the Patreon page without subscribing.

that's only because there is some special note about that particular episode about changes.

e.g. you can't see the subjects of the other episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

that's only because there is some special note about that particular episode about changes.

e.g. you can't see the subjects of the other episodes

I know. Just saying the information is there to see.

• Advertisement

seems to be some sort of smug fight club rule that you don't let anyone know the episode subject about patreon episodes before they are released to the pleb masses

the sort of big-baller privilege and general importance factor that €2 a month gets you :pac:

nothing smug at all its more if I am politely asked to do something by someone providing a service i will do, which i did explain.

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Ha ha I got some hop when I opened it up!
    Is there no suspense allowed in the world anymore? :D :P

Fight club rubbish / stirring the pot crap evident here.

Listened to one of the Missing podcasts from Casefile yesterday.
    Heart breaking stuff. An awful cross to bare for loved ones.

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Listened to one of the Missing podcasts from Casefile yesterday.
    Heart breaking stuff. An awful cross to bare for loved ones.

Yeah I'm only on the second one but it's pretty affecting. The first one was a very sad story, Nicola Sallese. Its very well presented.

Found this weeks very sad, even though I knew the story from the movie back in the day.
    Especially his parents staying together while he was missing then ending up separating when he came back. Such a sad story, he was so brave bringing the other little guy back. Also the way he died, just so random :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

His older brother became a serial killer - a crazy story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary_Stayner

optogirl wrote: »
    His older brother became a serial killer - a crazy story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary_Stayner

:eek: didn't hear that at end of the Casefile, was it mentioned,
    was he the brother who had been camping when Steven came home

Jebus :(

Red Handed did Rachel O'Reilly this week, they were a bit hyper but still a good cover of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Is the podcast series just called 'Missing'? I want to subscribe to it.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Is the podcast series just called 'Missing'? I want to subscribe to it.

It’s called what’s missing, presented by Casefile

Advertisement