Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardsies Decide TV Show that was One Season One Hit Wonder

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many shows have been nominated overall so far Liz?

A good few, some repeats

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A good few, some repeats

giphy.gif

Well, I know there's a least 50 anyway... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

I'm up to 14 so far, but I guarantee as soon as I submit my nominations I'll think of one more, so I'll wait a few days to see what I can stir up. I've already checked the lists online and my DVD collection (yes, I still have a DVD collection :D) but there are definitely more

I'm assuming you won't accept reboots?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nothing wrong with DVDs!

I genuinely thought you'd struggle to get 32. This is impressive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm up to 14 so far, but I guarantee as soon as I submit my nominations I'll think of one more, so I'll wait a few days to see what I can stir up. I've already checked the lists online and my DVD collection (yes, I still have a DVD collection :D) but there are definitely more

Me too :D Though I got rid of all the boxes for the boxsets as they took up half the room :pac: Have them all in a huge DVD case now

• Advertisement

Was just cleaning my bookshelf and remembered another great one ('tis an adapdation), so had to send it in, so make that 51 nominations from me... for now... ;)

giphy.gif

If the reboot had one season then allowed

I still have dvd box sets too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If the reboot had one season then allowed

That's up to 15 so :D

Keep them coming in

I’ve still got videos

• Advertisement

I’ve still got videos

Me too as some never got dvd released :(

I still have videos too but I've nothing to play them on. Still can't bring myself to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Ok I got my 10, quality shows unlike what LeVar has probably submitted

I have none so I’ll wait for the tourney and whichever one of you gives me the largest bribe is who I will vote with.

Kolido wrote: »
    Ok I got my 10, quality shows unlike what LeVar has probably submitted

If you're gonna start trash talking, maybe wait a couple of days until after people have forgotten that up until a few minutes ago you thought Billy Joel was a Black Man... The man couldn't sound any Whiter if he tried...

I can't take anything you say seriously after that revelation.

Oh my again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I have none so I’ll wait for the tourney and whichever one of you gives me the largest bribe is who I will vote with.
    monaghan-macarena.gif?fit=400%2C400

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

What about this LB.

90s or maybe early 00s I think, US show again.
    It was an action show along the lines of the A-Team, but all the heros in it were soldiers from WWII I think who had lost their marbles.
    One scene had a guy making an impossibly long shot with a handgun from a moving speedboat, I think he had multiple personalities or something like that.
    Edit: they may have been Korea or Vietnam vets either, not too sure.

Thunder in Paradise maybe? It had a speedboat, and Hulk Hogan and another dude who were ex navy SEALs and now do the whole crime fighting gig

Submitted my list. I got twelve in the end that I was happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Thunder in Paradise maybe? It had a speedboat, and Hulk Hogan and another dude who were ex navy SEALs and now do the whole crime fighting gig
    No I remember that one well :D
    This was like an A-Team of shell shocked 4H-ers. If the A-Team was nothing but Murdocks! The multiple personality guy for instance was a bag of nerves but he could take on a super confident persona and become like a great soldier. It was all a bit daft but enjoyable none the less.

Can I play? Am I too late?

• Advertisement

Not too late. PM your list yo Liz.

Can I play? Am I too late?

No work away

Bump as closing soon

Closed and now Live

Advertisement