Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best treatment to kill wasps, nest entrance not accessible

Options
  • 08-08-2020 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've noticed wasps have been nesting in a cavity wall at the back of my garden behind my shed. The entrance is not assessable but I can see them flying in and out. The closest I can get to it is about 2 or 3 foot away so I can't get at the entrance.

It would be possible to spray them as they fly in and out.

Is it best to use the wasp nest powder, the wasp nest foam, fly and wasp killer spray, or another product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Denny61

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Hi, I've noticed wasps have been nesting in a cavity wall at the back of my garden behind my shed. The entrance is not assessable but I can see them flying in and out. The closest I can get to it is about 2 or 3 foot away so I can't get at the entrance.

It would be possible to spray them as they fly in and out.

Is it best to use the wasp nest powder, the wasp nest foam, fly and wasp killer spray, or another product?
    .unless they are a danger to you..leave them alone .as they are natures gardeners...they kill other tiny insects who sometimes destroy your plants or vegetables or food produce which you grow .or your flowers or rose plants. They are humans best friends
    So leave them alone and they will leave you alone

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Denny61 wrote: »
    .unless they are a danger to you..leave them alone .as they are natures gardeners...they kill other tiny insects who sometimes destroy your plants or vegetables or food produce which you grow .or your flowers or rose plants. They are humans best friends
    So leave them alone and they will leave you alone

Unfortunately they are a danger to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They’ll be gone in no time.
    All God’s creatures have a place in the choir.
    They won’t threaten you unless you threaten them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Let them bee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Deagol

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Unfortunately they are a danger to me.

Seriously, they're not a danger to anyone. Had a nest of them in our front gate pillar 3 or 4 years ago. As you'd be leaving or entering the driveway there'd be 100's of them flying in and out of the nest. They'd just zoom around you and take zero notice of you as they went about their business. Only time wasps or bees sting is when people go at them. Leave them be and you'll soon forget they're even there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Deagol wrote:
    Seriously, they're not a danger to anyone. Had a nest of them in our front gate pillar 3 or 4 years ago. As you'd be leaving or entering the driveway there'd be 100's of them flying in and out of the nest. They'd just zoom around you and take zero notice of you as they went about their business. Only time wasps or bees sting is when people go at them. Leave them be and you'll soon forget they're even there.

Unfortunately had to destroy two nests, a danger to all occupants of the house, particularly my dog, beekeeper said, rock on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Deagol

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Unfortunately had to destroy two nests, a danger to all occupants of the house, particularly my dog, beekeeper said, rock on

No; 'tis definitely black..... :rolleyes:

Deagol wrote:
    No; 'tis definitely black.....

Reckon it's a rainbow to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Deagol wrote:

Unless you are allergic to stings. Also when they die they fall and could end up inside a shirt collar for example. It has happened.

bobbyss wrote:
    Unless you are allergic to stings. Also when they die they fall and could end up inside a shirt collar for example. It has happened.

Dog got multiple stings, they got stuck in her fur, took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on. second time it has happened to her, had to bring her to the vet first time, she just became a little unwell this time, for a few hours, no vet required

• Advertisement
Advertisement