Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tazzimus wrote: »
    4th best selling (or most popular anyway) seemingly. That's actually not a bad achievement. Although not being the priciest and being able to ship it out en masse helped with that I imagine.
    Jameson, Tullamore Dew and Bushmills are ahead of it.
    I seen the article the other day.
    Sold 215k cases for 4th, outselling the likes of Paddy, Powers, Teeling, etc.
    But you need to sell millions to crack the top 3. Tullamore Dew sold 1.5m cases, and Jameson sold 8m cases.

Abd that’s only Ireland. And Jameson are barely top 10 globally. Johnny Walker sells twice as much as Jameson. The biggest brands (that you’ve properly never heard) sell 20-30 million cases. 100x What Proper12 sold.
    As I said it’s a huge achievement, genuinely, but nowhere near the best selling in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mellor wrote: »
    I seen the article the other day.
    Sold 215k cases for 4th, outselling the likes of Paddy, Powers, Teeling, etc.
    But you need to sell millions to crack the top 3. Tullamore Dew sold 1.5m cases, and Jameson sold 8m cases.

Abd that’s only Ireland. And Jameson are barely top 10 globally. Johnny Walker sells twice as much as Jameson. The biggest brands (that you’ve properly never heard) sell 20-30 million cases. 100x What Proper12 sold.
    As I said it’s a huge achievement, genuinely, but nowhere near the best selling in the world.

Jaysis, AC Nielson here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Whelo79 wrote: »

Exhibition match with Sachin Tendulkar...2 rounds MMA, 3 overs of cricket. Eddie Hearn to build an octagon that turns into a wicket.

Profit.

Jaysis, AC Nielson here
    Was spelled out simply numbers in the article. Was discussed in the whiskey appreciation thread the other day.
    I know this place is nonsense central when there’s no fight in the horizon. Should still pull it up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Exhibition match with Sachin Tendulkar...2 rounds MMA, 3 overs of cricket. Eddie Hearn to build an octagon that turns into a wicket.

Profit.

I don't know who Sachin Tendulkar is and I hate cricket, but sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mellor wrote: »
    Was spelled out simply numbers in the article. Was discussed in the whiskey appreciation thread the other day.
    I know this place is nonsense central when there’s no fight in the horizon. Should still pull it up though.

Here I was only yanking your chain!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Doff wrote: »
    I don't know who Sachin Tendulkar is and I hate cricket, but sign me up!

He's the battering ram that smashes the door into the India market

After claiming that there was a "bang of shyte off yer da" previously a propos Khabib's father he then mocked his father when he (father) was already very seriously ill in the ICU unit in the hospital in Russia, claiming it was not real and just used for an excuse for Khabib to run away..

5ef38a2385f54065e3766e84.jpeg?w=960

So then Abdulmanap, Khabib's father and coach actually dies later from Covid.

Surely Khabib would actually seek to kill or maim McGregor if possible next time if they meet?

And who could say that it's not justified.

no words really.

That was in response to Ali and Khabib’s “brother” making Covid jokes. Very odd when somebody in the family was in a bad way with the disease.
    There was ways to ask the question with insulting.

Although at the time, and still now, I felt it was all Ali.
    Don’t think Khabib pays him any attention either.

• Advertisement

In fairness from the media reports at the time that Khabib's father was actually gravely ill in intensive care, it doesn't really matter what it was in response to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Slow news day to dragging that back up

There was a mention of the tweet at the time.

Not the fact that Khabib's dad passed away after (about a week later but as said was well known that he was gravely ill at time of McGregor's tweet making light of it).

And this is from a few weeks ago (tweet) "dragging that back up" - pfff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

glasso wrote: »
    In fairness from the media reports at the time that Khabib's father was actually gravely ill in intensive care, it doesn't really matter what it was in response to.

That's the whole point. Why would Khabib's "brother", and manager, be cracking coronavirus jokes if Khabib's father is in intensive care?
    Conor shouldn't have said what he said, but i can see why he said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

It does matter, sure you didn't even screenshot the whole story.

why would the cousin mock something that was killing and eventually killed his "dad" to get a sly joke in about something nearly a year ago.

This was Conor's point, although in true Conor style, he went about the response in the wrong way.

I think Khabib would be looking to hit the cousin a few slaps quicker than Conor, I would anyway

As others said, I do think it was Ali, as we got the usual reply off him within seconds.

fitzparker wrote: »
    It does matter, sure you didn't even screenshot the whole story.

why would the cousin mock something that was killing and eventually killed his "dad" to get a sly joke in about something nearly a year ago.

This was Conor's point, although in true Conor style, he went about the response in the wrong way.

well that's putting it mildly.

was Khabib's father, not the cousin's.

Abubakar (the cousin) grew up in the same house as Khabib, refer to each other as siblings.
    Abdulmanap helped raise him and was his wrestling and sambo coach since he was in primary school (20+ years).

It's not like the random uncle you see at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

About as mild as making a joke about a virus that eventually killed your "father"
    (as Mellor alluded to, Abdulmanap practically raised him)

Again, the response wouldn't have happened if the cousin (or Ali) wasn't a thick making a joke in the first place.

yes so something that even McGregor could work out (that the mgr Ali posted it) but yet McGregor specifically references the father in a reply.

top class stuff.

in the ICU at the time and is dead a week later

and another cowardly tweet delete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭robwen

yes so something that even McGregor could work out (that the mgr Ali posted it) but yet McGregor specifically references the father in a reply.

top class stuff.

in the ICU at the time and is dead a week later

and another cowardly tweet delete

Is Khabibs cousins tweet still up?

• Advertisement

Talk about ironic (blind-punching people in the head in pubs)

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1294580862273585152

I think you need a new hobby

lol I'm sure that McGregor will reward you in the next life for being "his guy" who has his back on boards

Just find it hilarious that this tulip sees himself as some sort of "statesman adviser" to the government in relation to matters of Covid over the last few months

lol I'm sure that McGregor will reward you in the next life for being "his guy" who has his back on boards

Just find it hilarious that this tulip sees himself as some sort of "statesman adviser" to the government in relation to matters of Covid over the last few months

I'll try not act too devastated when he doesn't.

I just find it funny that you're stretching this much trying to relate that tweet back to him punching the oul lad.

I tend to ignore anyone who's not a medical professional when it comes to medical matters or advice, it's a good system.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'll try not act too devastated when he doesn't.

I just find it funny that you're stretching this much trying to relate that tweet back to him punching the oul lad.

I tend to ignore anyone who's not a medical professional when it comes to medical matters or advice, it's a good system.

come on, it's directly relevant - guy who is infamous for going on multi-day coke benders and punching people when they are not looking in pubs advising the government to re-open the pubs during a Covid pandemic and going on about being responsible in pubs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

come on, it's directly relevant - guy who is infamous for going on multi-day coke benders and punching people when they are not looking in pubs advising the government to re-open the pubs during a Covid pandemic and going on about being responsible in pubs :pac:

I miss seeing Conor fight and at this stage I'd make do with another choppy CCTV scrap. Reopen the pubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Talk about ironic (blind-punching people in the head in pubs)

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1294580862273585152

"Responsible citizens do"

Unfortunately for Sir Conor of the clan McGregor, irresponsible citizens make us unsafe. And its those idiots, and there are plenty of them, who will ruin it for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Aressted for sexual assault haha wasnt he was there with the wife wasn't he

• Advertisement
Advertisement