Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-01-2019, 16:53   #1
Stephen15

Bus terrorised by gang of youths in Lucan

Saw this video on Facebook that appears to show a gang of youths attacking passengers on a DB bus in lucan apparently one of them was threatening passengers with a knife. I do think there is definitely a place for security like on the Luas to travel on buses at certain times.

https://www.facebook.com/79279133406...7477892597501/
Advertisement
01-01-2019, 16:59   #2
Caranica

Foxborough has been bandit country for well over a decade. Friend put their house on the market the day they moved in!
(3) thanks from:
01-01-2019, 17:14   #3
killbillvol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranica View Post
Foxborough has been bandit country for well over a decade. Friend put their house on the market the day they moved in!
Not the brightest then, your friend?
03-01-2019, 15:33   #4
dublinman1990

The bus display on the inside says it's a 25b. Whoever scumbag broke the window on the buses middle doors should pay for the damages to have it repaired.
03-01-2019, 19:59   #5
hmmm

Foxborough has lots of decent hard working people live there who have bought their own houses. Unfortunately they're bordered by quite a bit of social housing, and in the main the troublemakers seem to be coming from there.

This isn't a transport problem, we can't have the garda riot squad sitting on every bus.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-01-2019, 20:07   #6
Stephen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinman1990 View Post
The bus display on the inside says it's a 25b. Whoever scumbag broke the window on the buses middle doors should pay for the damages to have it repaired.
But they won't as if they were brought they'd be probably looking for free legal aid and claiming they can't afford it despite they probably splashed out on expensive tracksuits and scramblers for their kids to run amuck on. I'm sure if they'd use the usual sob story about a bad upbringing aswell. There needs to be tougher sentences for this type of behaviour.
05-01-2019, 11:37   #7
dashcamdanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
But they won't as if they were brought they'd be probably looking for free legal aid and claiming they can't afford it despite they probably splashed out on expensive tracksuits and scramblers for their kids to run amuck on. I'm sure if they'd use the usual sob story about a bad upbringing aswell. There needs to be tougher sentences for this type of behaviour.
Buses should be pulled out for a week after an attack.

Not an evening and certainly not 1 hour..

The community would then be forced to deal with their own children. Instead of expecting the Garda to bring them up.
05-01-2019, 13:58   #8
Lord Glentoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
Are Tasers legal? That would sort the little turds out.
05-01-2019, 16:44   #9
superg

I'd imagine most of the scruffs who cause the trouble are residing in the likes of Foxdene and Balgaddy so they would be less affected by the removal of the 25A and B as they'd all use the 40.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-01-2019, 21:49   #10
Stephen15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcamdanny View Post

The community would then be forced to deal with their own children. Instead of expecting the Garda to bring them up.
I think we can agree that sometimes these incidents are one offs. But certainly if buses are being attacked on a regular basis in a particular area then they should be taken for a prolonged period until something is done.
05-01-2019, 21:55   #11
Andrew00

The roadmen
05-01-2019, 23:38   #12
BonnieSituation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcamdanny View Post

As a Griffeen/Moy Glas resident I would love nothing more than for us to avoid Foxborough forevermore tbh.

The time saving alone in the morning would be something.
05-01-2019, 23:39   #13
Franz Von Peppercorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbillvol2 View Post
Not the brightest then, your friend?
The day you buy is the day you sell. Literally.
06-01-2019, 14:49   #14
TheIrishGrover

CAN busses be pulled from an area due to antisocial behaviour? I thought I heard that they did this in some areas but don't know if it actually happened or not.

Just thought it might have been in the remit of Dublin Bus that they provide an essential service and can't be removed like that.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all 100% for it: One off thing? keep an eye on it. happens regularly? Then remove services at a sliding scale: 2 days first, up to a month.

I'm sure people will say: "Well, what about the innocent people who didn't do anything? What about them?" to which I say: "The drivers are innocent. What about them?"

Was just wondering about the legality of removing a service.
06-01-2019, 14:58   #15

I don't quite follow. Did a bus driver stay parked while a bus was attacked?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion