Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-01-2019, 17:39   #3226
Stephen15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,375
No mention of the 17 journies on Saturdays that serve Vicent's Hospital are these being kept or gotten rid of I wonder? Also why are they using 17c and 17d but not 17b is 17b reserved for a variant of the 17a. Personally I think the 17a should given a different number as it has no connection with the 17.
Stephen15 is online now  
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 18:30   #3227
TheChrisD
Registered User
 
TheChrisD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,504
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChrisD
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
however for clarity new route numbers have been introduced as follows
That has got to be the complete opposite, reducing clarity by getting people confused now that both north and southside 17 routes have letters. Time to renumber the northside 17A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
There have been a few minor timetable changes to better integrate with Dublin Bus Route 70 between Dunboyne and Littlepace.
More nonsense. Dunboyne-Littlepace journeys aren't that frequent nor have that much demand to remove the 270's old clockwork timetable.
TheChrisD is offline  
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 22:39   #3228
dublinman1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,577
A thorough re-design of the timetable for the 114 when aligned with the DART sounds good to me. Also the confirmation of a new Sunday service is very encouraging to increase demand of the route on the weekends. The biggest changes needed on the timetable are the M-F evening peak times because they are currently woeful when they depart Blackrock DART Station with Dublin Bus.

I cannot understand though what's the purpose of the 17 when it's going to be split up to 3 separate route numbers by GAI. It going to make a lot of the passengers confused when the timetable is released online soon. I don't what the reaction from it's passengers will be if the route to St Vincent's Hospital is not featured in the new timetable. The frequency of the 47 at the current time is not great for passengers to use at any time of the day. I think the best thing most people can do when the new 17 timetable is released is to get off the 17 at the UCD Flyover & walk down along the N11 past RTÉ down to St Vincent's Hosp.

The only thing is that if you're elderly & use the 17 to/from St Vincent's Hosp. Your only choice then is getting a bus from Blackrock down to/from the Hospital.

Last edited by dublinman1990; 11-01-2019 at 22:46.
dublinman1990 is offline  
11-01-2019, 22:43   #3229
obby1
Banned
 
obby1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 100
GA's failure to recruit drivers has meant DB have had to hold onto the 18 route, this has forced the delay of the much need 155 along the stillorgan road.
obby1 is offline  
11-01-2019, 23:08   #3230
Stephen15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinman1990 View Post
A thorough re-design of the timetable for the 114 when aligned with the DART sounds good to me. Also the confirmation of a new Sunday service is very encouraging to increase demand of the route on the weekends. The biggest changes needed on the timetable are the M-F evening peak times because they are currently woeful when they depart Blackrock DART Station with Dublin Bus.

I cannot understand though what's the purpose of the 17 when it's going to be split up to 3 separate route numbers by GAI. It going to make a lot of the passengers confused when the timetable is released online soon. I don't what the reaction from it's passengers will be if the route to St Vincent's Hospital is not featured in the new timetable. The frequency of the 47 at the current time is not great for passengers to use at any time of the day. I think the best thing most people can do when the new 17 timetable is released is to get off the 17 at the UCD Flyover & walk down along the N11 past RTÉ down to St Vincent's Hosp.

The only thing is that if you're elderly use the 17 to St Vincent's Hosp. Your only choice then is getting a bus from Blackrock down to the Hospital.
I think the 114 will benefit from having a consistent hourly service throughout the course of the day as there are a number of gaps in the timetable over the course of the day where the service has a worse than hourly frequency eg there is a bus at 12:10 but the next one isn't until 1:30 a 1hr20 gap also the last bus is at 9:30 as opposed to 11:30.

17d appears to be reserved for short workings to Dundrum these appear to be something new to the 17 timetable so perhaps it's similar to city centre short working being marked as c eg the 14c. It does seem a bit confusing alright but also over the last number of months the 17 has been unable to use the Owenstown Park entrance to UCD meaning it has to loop back around on the N11 this seems like something that must cost time on the journey.

I don't know if there's a good reason for it but what's the point on the 17 terminating at Vincent's as it's only once a week a Saturdays that seems pretty useless to most people who'd need to use the hospital. Also most hospital appointments would be during the week so why do this diversion on Saturdays?
Stephen15 is online now  
Advertisement
12-01-2019, 00:58   #3231
p_haugh
Registered User
 
p_haugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
No mention of the 17 journies on Saturdays that serve Vicent's Hospital are these being kept or gotten rid of I wonder? Also why are they using 17c and 17d but not 17b is 17b reserved for a variant of the 17a. Personally I think the 17a should given a different number as it has no connection with the 17.
The stops that the 17 serves on the route to Vincent's all have the new TFI bus flag on them. As well as this, there is routes marked for St. Vincent's on the journey planner.

They obviously haven't mentioned it in the press release but it should still be operating.
p_haugh is offline  
12-01-2019, 00:59   #3232
p_haugh
Registered User
 
p_haugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by obby1 View Post
GA's failure to recruit drivers has meant DB have had to hold onto the 18 route, this has forced the delay of the much need 155 along the stillorgan road.
Where'd you hear this from?
p_haugh is offline  
12-01-2019, 01:03   #3233
obby1
Banned
 
obby1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_haugh View Post
Where'd you hear this from?
talking to a 145 driver i know, the stillorgan road is a mess, needs extra buses, the 155 was supposed to be launched 20 jan, but has been put back as GA can't take on the 18 as dont have enough drivers
obby1 is offline  
12-01-2019, 01:05   #3234
p_haugh
Registered User
 
p_haugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by obby1 View Post
talking to a 145 driver i know, the stillorgan road is a mess, needs extra buses, the 155 was supposed to be launched 20 jan, but has been put back as GA can't take on the 18 as dont have enough drivers
Well if that's the case lets hope it doesn't get delayed by too long
p_haugh is offline  
Advertisement
12-01-2019, 02:57   #3235
xper
Registered User
 
xper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 792
Quote:
Route 17 Blackrock to Rialto via University College Dublin (UCD) & Dundrum
Route 17 will continue to operate every half hour and serves the following key locations along its routing: Blackrock DART Station, UCD campus, Dundrum, Nutgrove, Terenure, Kimmage, Dolphin’s Barn and Rialto. There are additional morning peak departures on Monday to Friday and one additional morning and evening departure on Sundays.
This is extremely disappointing if true and nothing like the increased frequency touted a couple of pages back. The late evening and Sunday service on this route is a joke. Has there been a scale back of plans due to lack of drivers or something?
xper is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-01-2019, 08:18   #3236
SG317
Registered User
 
SG317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
No mention of the 17 journies on Saturdays that serve Vicent's Hospital are these being kept or gotten rid of I wonder? Also why are they using 17c and 17d but not 17b is 17b reserved for a variant of the 17a. Personally I think the 17a should given a different number as it has no connection with the 17.
There is a notice on stop 2086 along Nutley Lane, that from January 20th 2019 route 17 will no longer serve St. Vincent's Hospital, and that it will be operated by Go Ahead Ireland. Also I suspect that the 17D buses, will perhaps be interworked with the 161 and thus this is the reason for the new 17D.
SG317 is offline  
Thanks from:
12-01-2019, 09:26   #3237
p_haugh
Registered User
 
p_haugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG317 View Post
There is a notice on stop 2086 along Nutley Lane, that from January 20th 2019 route 17 will no longer serve St. Vincent's Hospital, and that it will be operated by Go Ahead Ireland. Also I suspect that the 17D buses, will perhaps be interworked with the 161 and thus this is the reason for the new 17D.
Must have been a last minute decision as they've had the TFI Bus flag on those stops since the start of December.
p_haugh is offline  
12-01-2019, 09:40   #3238
devnull
Moderator
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by obby1 View Post
talking to a 145 driver i know, the stillorgan road is a mess, needs extra buses, the 155 was supposed to be launched 20 jan, but has been put back as GA can't take on the 18 as dont have enough drivers
The 18 has been penciled in for some time to launch as part of the last phase of the transfer, along with the 76 and 76A which takes place on the 10th February.

This schedule has been in place since at least mid November, possibly before.

Last edited by devnull; 12-01-2019 at 11:55.
devnull is offline  
12-01-2019, 10:57   #3239
KD345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by xper View Post
This is extremely disappointing if true and nothing like the increased frequency touted a couple of pages back. The late evening and Sunday service on this route is a joke. Has there been a scale back of plans due to lack of drivers or something?
The NTA Journey Planner this morning still shows an increased frequency for the 17 starting on Sunday January 20th. There are 28 departures from Blackrock showing for Sunday January 20th up from the current 8. The number of weekday departures is over 40 with a 20 minute frequency for parts of the day. If things have changed then it hasn’t been altered on the planner.
We’ll have to wait until timetables are published to be sure.
KD345 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-01-2019, 11:45   #3240
Stephen15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 6,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
The 18 has been penciled in for some time to launch as part of the last phase of the transfer, along with the 76 and 76A which takes place on the 2nd February.

This schedule has been in place since at least mid November, possibly before.
10th February not the 2nd is the correct date.
Stephen15 is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet